OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 260 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Sally's just announced they are coming to Newington
They announced the one in Woburn, MA over a year ago and it's still not open. Their website says coming in 2023. So expect a long wait for the Newington one.

Reaction Score
Pepe's just opened near me in south Florida. Obviously not the original but best pizza I've had down here

Reaction Score
If you go on Sally’s website they have around 4-5 new locations coming within the next year.

Reaction Score
Sally's is gonna have locations in Wethersfield and Newington? That seems very unnecessary

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Tonight is my last night in CT for the next several months. During my 7 weeks away from Louisville, l enjoyed pizza from Ernie's (twice), Sally's, Olde World, Harry's in West Hartford, and finally tried the stuffed shrimp pie at Tipsy Tomato.

As was the case throughout my visit, there were too many things to take care of and too many parts, so tonight it ended up not working to have a choose between Roseland and Zuppardi's Ansonia takeout. What I had instead from Brick Oven on Main in Bridgeport was nonetheless fully satisfying.

I liked every single pizza from CT more than what I've had in LouKY, which is not a full-on trashing of the Kentuckiana product. It's just not as good as what I'm very fortunate to get regularly and easily throughout my home state.

My favorites were from Ernie's and Olde World, but it was a set & setting thing. All were very good or better, so it seemed silly throughout to rank them.

I could have walked to the Sally's that'll be across the street from Super Duper Weenie Man. I poked my head in the door on my way back from the eye doctor and was told "any day now" almost 4 weeks ago. I'll give it a try when I return.

Reaction Score
Tonight is my last night in CT for the next several months. During my 7 weeks away from Louisville, l enjoyed pizza from Ernie's (twice), Sally's, Olde World, Harry's in West Hartford, and finally tried the stuffed shrimp pie at Tipsy Tomato.

As was the case throughout my visit, there were too many things to take care of and too many parts, so tonight it ended up not working to have a choose between Roseland and Zuppardi's Ansonia takeout. What I had instead from Brick Oven on Main in Bridgeport was nonetheless fully satisfying.

I liked every single pizza from CT more than what I've had in LouKY, which is not a full-on trashing of the Kentuckiana product. It's just not as good as what I'm very fortunate to get regularly and easily throughout my home state.

My favorites were from Ernie's and Olde World, but it was a set & setting thing. All were very good or better, so it seemed silly throughout to rank them.

I could have walked to the Sally's that'll be across the street from Super Duper Weenie Man. I poked my head in the door on my way back from the eye doctor and was told "any day now" almost 4 weeks ago. I'll give it a try when I return.
My family that grew up going to Pepe's, Sally's and Palm Beach Pizza are now thoroughly devoted to Ernie's. It has quite the following too since it's difficult to get a seat. I'm still partial to Zuppardi's myself.

Reaction Score
My family that grew up going to Pepe's, Sally's and Palm Beach Pizza are now thoroughly devoted to Ernie's. It has quite the following too since it's difficult to get a seat. I'm still partial to Zuppardi's myself.
Zuppardis is still a family run business. It’s run today by the two granddaughters (and their kids) of the founder Dominic Zuppardis (1934) and his son Anthony who took over the operation in the 1950’s. Anthony passed away in 1988 leaving the business to his two daughters who still run it today.

Reaction Score

Harry's from WH Center is now at Bishops Corner? Is that the same establishment?

Reaction Score
Pepe's just opened near me in south Florida. Obviously not the original but best pizza I've had down here
What town in South Florida? I'm interested. I was in CT last weekend for football and men's hockey victories and did grab a clam pie at Pepe's. Man I missed that. Good food weekend for me with Blackie's and buck a shuck at Max's Oyster as well.

Reaction Score
Plantation Florida… my uncle grew up in New Haven w/ old school Pepe’s and now lives in Hollywood and said it’s legit and brings back great memories!
Thank you. Perhaps a side trip there if we end up bowling in Boca.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Harry's from WH Center is now at Bishops Corner? Is that the same establishment?
I'm not the most knowledgeable on this, but I think the answer adds up to, "Kinda."

A bunch of years ago, I ate at Harry's which was on the south side of Farmington Ave on the western edge of WH Center (near Plimpton's of old).

The next time I went to Harry's it was at Bishop's Corner, and then again with my uncle 3 years ago. That adds up to a Yes.

However...

My recent visit was with my stepmom, who said that there has been a recent change in ownership. And the same was said to me by my high school friend who I met at Sally's a week afterward.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Heading to Northern Virginia this week. Will give the new Pepe's in Alexandria a try.
At first, nothing about this seems right. But so it goes. Introducing people outside of CT to really good pizza - how can that be a bad thing?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom