OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 163 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Anyone have a list of pizza spots to hit up in Fairfield County and below? Most of these places yall have been posting are north of Farflield County. I want to try them out but it'll have to be when im traveling North.

Top places i want to try not in FF:
Sallys
Modern
Bar
Roseland Apizza
Zuppardis

Colony Grill Stamford/Fairfield - Hot Oil Pizza has been discussed on here multiple times.

Reaction Score
Colony Grill Stamford/Fairfield - Hot Oil Pizza has been discussed on here multiple times.

should've given some detail but i've probably had 50 Colony Pies in the past couple years. Been there plenty of times (Stamford, Port Chester, Norwalk, and FF location)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Anyone have a list of pizza spots to hit up in Fairfield County and below? Most of these places yall have been posting are north of Farflield County. I want to try them out but it'll have to be when im traveling North.

Sallys
Modern
Bar
Roseland Apizza
Zuppardis

In addition to Colony, I've enjoyed pizza at thd following places, though it's not as though I'd travel from New Haven County to there, more so that if I'm with Fairfield County friends who want pizza, these are places that I'd be pushing to choose.

Brick & Wood - Fairfield
Stanziato - Danbury
Salerno's - Stratford
Letizia's - Norwalk

I'd be interested or willing to check out these 4 more:

Brewport - Bridgeport (someone I respect told me to give it another try)
Pizza Co - Former gas station in Stratford
Jennie's - Monroe, because @ClifSpliffy suggested it and @RichZ said not to bother going back to Carminuccio's
Pepe's in Danbury or Fairfield, though again to join the crowd if that s what they choose. I've got Wooster St nearby.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Has anyone here tried the Blind Pig pie w/Bear's burnt ends, smoked gouda, and something else I can't remember?
I wonder if that was a special. I'll be in the area on Saturday so I rushed to the website. The current menu doesn't have a hint of smoked gouda. Nothing wrong with the current burnt ends offerings though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Does anyone know where to get pizza similar to Marino's meat sheet pizza (closed years ago in Middletown)
Not familiar with Marino's but Nardi's in South Windsor is still doing sheet pizzas last I heard.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I wonder if that was a special. I'll be in the area on Saturday so I rushed to the website. The current menu doesn't have a hint of smoked gouda. Nothing wrong with the current burnt ends offerings though.
You're definitely right.

The Kansas City shows mozzarella & cheddar (horseradish & KC BBQ sauce too).

Dunno if I got it wrong or they changed it,but that's what I was referring to.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Sallys
Modern
Bar
Roseland Apizza
Zuppardis

I haven't been since it reopened, but if I were back in Stamford, I'd try Amore (by the Springdale RR station). It used to be a top tier Ffld Cty pizza I enjoyed a lot, living a half mile away, but the owners retired years ago. It was then re-opened a few years ago by a former employee who went onto win a bunch of pizza-making awards and has been on Food Channel and the like.

Reaction Score
In addition to Colony, I've enjoyed pizza at thd following places, though it's not as though I'd travel from New Haven County to there, more so that if I'm with Fairfield County friends who want pizza, these are places that I'd be pushing to choose.

Brick & Wood - Fairfield
Stanziato - Danbury
Salerno's - Stratford
Letizia's - Norwalk

I'd be interested or willing to check out these 4 more:

Brewport - Bridgeport (someone I respect told me to give it another try)
Pizza Co - Former gas station in Stratford
Jennie's - Monroe, because @ClifSpliffy suggested it and @RichZ said not to bother going back to Carminuccio's
Pepe's in Danbury or Fairfield, though again to join the crowd if that s what they choose. I've got Wooster St nearby.

Parlor in Wilton is worth checking out. Neapolitan style like Zeneli's on Wooster St.

Danbury Pepe's is better than Fairfield on all fronts. The separate take out door is also a plus.

There's also a Sally's going into the new Norwalk mall FWIW.

Colony/Riko's. Not sure I'm able to tell the difference between them (Riko's was started by a former Colony employee and there were some lawsuits between the two), but solid bar pies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm already way over my pizza quota for the month, and we're headed to a cousin's house for pizza tomorrow, too; so I hate myself for checking Bufalina's special, which may force me to really overdo it by grabbing one of these tonight for an appetizer...

Braised veal cheek ragu Pizza

sauce, spinach, hot cherry peppers, mozzarella

Reaction Score
I'm already way over my pizza quota for the month, and we're headed to a cousin's house for pizza tomorrow, too; so I hate myself for checking Bufalina's special, which may force me to really overdo it by grabbing one of these tonight for an appetizer...

Braised veal cheek ragu Pizza

sauce, spinach, hot cherry peppers, mozzarella
What is a pizza quota???

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The veal cheek ragu pizza was excellent though...

Everyone is entitled to like what they like, but as a huge cheeks of anything fan, I have to think that simply having a bowl of the ragout and sopping up the sauce with some great bread would ace the pizza. I cannot for the life of me see how being in a high heat oven would improve flavor or texture of cheeks meat. Simply sounds like a novelty/vanity pizza concoction to me. JMHO.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to like what they like, but as a huge cheeks of anything fan, I have to think that simply having a bowl of the ragout and sopping up the sauce with some great bread would ace the pizza. I cannot for the life of me see how being in a high heat oven would improve flavor or texture of cheeks meat. Simply sounds like a novelty/vanity pizza concoction to me. JMHO.
I might think the same if I hadn't been there and eaten it. The owners (who make and cook every pie) are the least vain people on the planet and I have come to trust them implicitly. Youngest daughter/super-taster even heartily approved the combo when reheated the next day (I only mentioned ragu, not veal or cheeks...). I'm hoping that one makes the winter menu.

Pumpkin seed pesto with speck has been our favorite on the fall menu.

Tonight's special is typical of one that would have me thinking twice before ultimately trusting their instinct again (especially since I'm not a huge fan of ricotta on pizza because it is usually too rich for me):

Pizza Special:

Blistered Grape Pizza

mozzarella, herb whipped ricotta, sausage, arugula

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Thats my go to.

I like gettting Tendie Crumbs on the people sitting around me. And if they get aggravated I "accidently" spill some ranch on them.

source.gif

I'll leave it to the reader to judge whether that's a high five or a smack upside the head.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Hitting Pepe's tonight before Harard @ Yale hockey. I usually get classic clam, but my buddy's interested in clam with bacon. Ive never done bacon at Pepes (clam or double pepperoni red are my go-to's). Anyone know if they pre-cook the bacon? If not, I'm staying away from that . . .

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hitting Pepe's tonight before Harard @ Yale hockey. I usually get classic clam, but my buddy's interested in clam with bacon. Ive never done bacon at Pepes (clam or double pepperoni red are my go-to's). Anyone know if they pre-cook the bacon? If not, I'm staying away from that . . .
I don’t think they do, at least not fully, as it tends to be less than fully crisp. I still prefer it though.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think that Greek pizza has to much oil? It seems that anytime I've had one that I've had to use three or four napkins to absorb the grease on top.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly they use a pretty high quality bacon and it isn't precooked. You should get it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Does anyone else think that Greek pizza has to much oil? It seems that anytime I've had one that I've had to use three or four napkins to absorb the grease on top.

No, because it's Greek pizza. It's baked in an oiled pan and more oil goes onto the top of the crust. That's how it's supposed to be.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Greek Pizza is typically cooked with lard.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly they use a pretty high quality bacon and it isn't precooked. You should get it.
Yeah, it’s definitely a great bacon topping. Partially cooked before going in the oven, I think. One of the things that’s held true at Pepe’s is the toppings quality, particularly the meats and clam. Although I strongly prefer Bufalina, Pepe’s has much better sausage, for example.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Friend saw the Bacon on another pie and passed. Classic Clam was sulime. Hardly touched the red pie I'll be busting that out for Florida game watch

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom