OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 145 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
I should add this as I ate there yesterday, LaSalle Market in Collinsville turns out some delicious specialty slices. Great crust, quality toppings...just plain yummy. Definitely worth a try if you are in the Canton area around lunch time.

Reaction Score
I should add this as I ate there yesterday, LaSalle Market in Collinsville turns out some delicious specialty slices. Great crust, quality toppings...just plain yummy. Definitely worth a try if you are in the Canton area around lunch time.

Been there 100s of times in my life. Pizza is nothing special but the place is fun imo. Decent sandwiches, cool vibe in the area

Reaction Score
So after reading about Bufalina on here, I went a few weeks back. The place is the truth, right up there with the big 3. Thanks @8893. It was as good as advertised.

Amazing couple that runs the place too. Good people, spent a lot of time in Italy. They've met me 3-4x in the last few years. I have been solo every time when driving home from work. They remember me, what I do for a living and even that I always go for the straight marg pizza.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm going to the in-laws this afternoon to cool off in the pool and my wife and we're going to order pizza for dinner. What's the best place that delivers in Danbury? Delivery is a requirement because I'll obviously be having a few beers during the day.

Reaction Score
"Bobby's", North Branford.

I lived in the New Haven area for decades before moving to Farmington seven years ago. My wife and I still travel to North Branford for Bobby's. Hartford area pizza can't come close to New Haven's (Modern is my favorite there), but Bobby's trumps all.

Tell them Sturge sent you.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"Bobby's", North Branford.

I lived in the New Haven area for decades before moving to Farmington seven years ago. My wife and I still travel to North Branford for Bobby's. Hartford area pizza can't come close to New Haven's (Modern is my favorite there), but Bobby's trumps all.

Tell them Sturge sent you.
What is your go-to pie there? I’ve been there once and loved the sausage. Interested in suggestions for next time.

Reaction Score
I just found out First and Last in Middletown closed over some pissing match with the town. That was the best of the First and Last's IMO, and Middletown reminds us why they are Middletown by picking a fight with one of the 5 successful businesses on Main Street.

Shameless Plug: Vote for my uncle, Geen T, as mayor in the upcoming democratic primary :)

Reaction Score
Taking my nephew to Sally’s Wednesday for his birthday. Will be 6 of us going. For people who have gone recently, all cash, no reservations, right?? Thanks in advance.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I can attest to the fact that the reverse often happens. A lot of the friends I left behind in ny bring Pepe's back to ny with them when they're in Connecticut, even if they have to stop at the easy-on, easy-off branch in Fairfield. If someone in the office is in Connecticut and doesn't bring back Pepe's, they're in the doghouse. Passing through at 6 am is not an excuse. They are supposed to wait.

A lot of it is just a preference with crust thickness. I've always been partial to Chicago style, but get sneered at in the Northeast for saying that. I was also in St. Louis this summer and they have their own style which was hideous. It was like they tried to see if they could make something really awful in the shape of a pizza, call it pizza, and see if people would still buy it.
There is actually something called Detroit Style. I assumed you had to dig it out of a dumpster while being mugged, but no, it's a real thing. Kind of like a cross between Chicago style (if they didn't make it with the cheese under the sauce) and Greek. It's not pleasant.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Taking my nephew to Sally’s Wednesday for his birthday. Will be 6 of us going. For people who have gone recently, all cash, no reservations, right?? Thanks in advance.

1491182359330.jpg

Reaction Score

they redid the checkout area recently, and i think they take cards now. still no reservations, but if you get there early enough on a wednesday (like, 5pm) i bet it won't be too bad.

Reaction Score
Isn't St Louis style like sauce on a cracker?
Yes, sauce and provel cheese on a cracker. They somehow took the cr@ppy Chicago cracker thin style and made it worse. Basically CT., NY, and NJ are the only states who know how to make pizza.

Reaction Score

Went 3 weeks ago and they take cards now. They gave a little bit of gruff when we paid with one but no real pushback. Still no reservations. We went on a Sunday night (2 people) and waited about 90 minutes and then another 30 or so for the pizza, but it was well worth it.

Reaction Score
Went 3 weeks ago and they take cards now. They gave a little bit of gruff when we paid with one but no real pushback. Still no reservations. We went on a Sunday night (2 people) and waited about 90 minutes and then another 30 or so for the pizza, but it was well worth it.
Great feedback, thanks. Wow, 90 minutes on a Sunday.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Sally's plain mozz or with a few toppings? It has been too long.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom