OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 147 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
I’m a fan of Naples. There is another good place in Simsbury that escapes me right right now but I think Naples is the best place in the Farmington Valley.
Second you on Naples, pizza yes but also their house salad and dressing, chicken parm too.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Big Y slices are far superior to their party pizza. It's really a great one stop shop just make sure to say hello to your neighborhood Sam the Butcher, they're great guys.

I enjoy the Buy 1 get 2 free deals

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Big Y slices are far superior to their party pizza. It's really a great one stop shop just make sure to say hello to your neighborhood Sam the Butcher, they're great guys.
Mrs. 8893 is down on their deli because they don't have Boars Head cold cuts.

Their pizzas used to be the staple of most school and kids events, but then one parent (who owned a catering business but never offered to help) wrote a screed against the classroom moms collecting money for a pizza party. He went off on the childhood obesity and diabetes epidemic and suggested all sorts of healthier options that were obviously more involved and more expensive. You might as well recommend that Purdue Pharma cater the next event if you are going to suggest Big Y pizza in our town now.

Reaction Score
Big Y party pizzas are awful. Too doughy with tasteless sauce.

In my fantasy football league, the last place team from last season brings pizza and beer to the following year's draft and one guy brought Big Y pizzas years back. We now have a rule. No Big Y pizzas allowed.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Mrs. 8893 is down on their deli because they don't have Boars Head cold cuts.

Their pizzas used to be the staple of most school and kids events, but then one parent (who owned a catering business but never offered to help) wrote a screed against the classroom moms collecting money for a pizza party. He went off on the childhood obesity and diabetes epidemic and suggested all sorts of healthier options that were obviously more involved and more expensive. You might as well recommend that Purdue Pharma cater the next event if you are going to suggest Big Y pizza in our town now.

I would order pizza for my kid’s party out of spite.

I’d make sure every kid had a straw, too, if I really wanted to start a fire.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
move @FartMan69 into the top 5 posters. the italian combo at Big Y is the best 3.99 sandwich you’ll find.
I'm sure it tastes great, considering, but I'm afraid 1990mg sodium make the 6in. Italian a non-starter at the moment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm sure it tastes great, considering, but I'm afraid 1990mg sodium make the 6in. Italian a non-starter at the moment.

yeah i’m never getting another one but it’s really good.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
yeah i’m never getting another one but it’s really good.

I've got about a couple dozen lbs. to go. On an aggressive schedule, that would put my goal somewhere mid-October. Alas, I've been stalled for a few weeks and we are on the precipice of a vacation, football season, followed by the Holidays. Maybe I'll treat myself when the UConn Men earn a bid to the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
No mozzarella, just a little grated parmesan on top.
Went to Sally’s tonight with extended family. As a group we had four pies. A traditional cheese with mozz, bacon and onion, mushroom and the no mozzarella with a little parmesan on top. While good, I didn’t feel the first 3 were extra special compared to other great pizza places. The no mozzarella though was outstanding, it’s definitely the pie to get from Sally’s in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Went to Sally’s tonight with extended family. As a group we had four pies. A traditional cheese with mozz, bacon and onion, mushroom and the no mozzarella with a little parmesan on top. While good, I didn’t feel the first 3 were extra special compared to other great pizza places. The no mozzarella though was outstanding, it’s definitely the pie to get from Sally’s in my opinion.

Next time I would recommend sausage from them--they do a good job with it.

Reaction Score
Big new opening in New Haven today. Zeneli’s opened up right across from Pepe’s and is definitely ready to challenge the Wooster big boys. 30 seat restaurant with small bar, wood fired oven, Neapolitan style. Casual but more upscale and trendy than the retro vibe they have on the rest of Wooster. Really solid opening day pizzas.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Big new opening in New Haven today. Zeneli’s opened up right across from Pepe’s and is definitely ready to challenge the Wooster big boys. 30 seat restaurant with small bar, wood fired oven, Neapolitan style. Casual but more upscale and trendy than the retro vibe they have on the rest of Wooster. Really solid opening day pizzas.
Neapolitan Brothers Take On Wooster Square Pizza

This restaurant will open early in the morning to serve cappuccinos, croissants, and other breakfast goodies, then transition to pizza and booze in the evening... they have ordered a special, wood-fired pizza oven from Naples to stock their new New Haven kitchen. Each pizza will only take 90 seconds to cook in such an oven.
Their pies will be Neapolitan-style, they said, longer, more rectangular than round, and served as “personal pies” for individual consumption.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score

This restaurant will open early in the morning to serve cappuccinos, croissants, and other breakfast goodies, then transition to pizza and booze in the evening... they have ordered a special, wood-fired pizza oven from Naples to stock their new New Haven kitchen. Each pizza will only take 90 seconds to cook in such an oven.
Their pies will be Neapolitan-style, they said, longer, more rectangular than round, and served as “personal pies” for individual consumption.

So, in the old Cavaliere's space. I haven't been yet, but second-hand reports indicate a good Neapolitan pie, softer crust than New Haven apizza, slices available.

Reaction Score

Sounds to me like something up here in Buffalo called Pi-Craft. Competes with Blaze. I'd be skeptical of this one minute pizza.

Reaction Score
So, in the old Cavaliere's space. I haven't been yet, but second-hand reports indicate a good Neapolitan pie, softer crust than New Haven apizza, slices available.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sounds to me like something up here in Buffalo called Pi-Craft. Competes with Blaze. I'd be skeptical of this one minute pizza.

Neapolitan pizza is NOT assembly line pizza. Well-made brick wood-fired ovens reach >800F and can literally fully cook a pizza in under 2 minutes. Pretty much all good Neapolitan-style pizza places do this.

Reaction Score
Bold move opening a pizza place on Wooster street, especially wood fired. Coal fired>>wood fired.

New Haven is ridiculous, every other storefront is a pizza place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom