OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 118 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
The women’s board pizza thread posters post like good old time message board posts. The way posting was meant to be. Pure. Simple. Good passing.
Kind of like the way they run Geno's offense.

Reaction Score
If I had to get delivery, I'd go through Vroomservice and decide between Mangia Mangia or Michael Angelo's. I pretty much always get takeout so I'm not super familiar with delivery options. I'd only get Mangia Mangia if you're relatively close to the Brookfield line though
Mm is good but be vigilant as the little guy behind the cougars overwhelmed quickly.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Way down county, Hope Street Pizza in Stamford and Jordan's in Norwalk. Also, Beverly in Black Rock.

It's been years since I've had one, but I think you need to include Post Corner in Darien in that mix. I seem to recall it was less greasy than Hope St. and took longer for all the glop on top to congeal.

Reaction Score
It's been years since I've had one, but I think you need to include Post Corner in Darien in that mix. I seem to recall it was less greasy than Hope St. and took longer for all the glop on top to congeal.
It was good. Letterman's spot. Loooong gone.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The women’s board pizza thread posters post like good old time message board posts. The way posting was meant to be. Pure. Simple. Good passing.

I accidentally clicked on their board once and their posters were terrifying. There’s literally nothing to be angry about over there, and people post as if they don’t totally know how to operate computers.

Reaction Score
I went to Modern tonight for the 2nd time. Re-affirmed my belief that it is the best pizza in CT. The Italian Bomb is phenomenal! I let it cool a few minutes after it got to the table so the whole thing actually stayed together. Excellent crust, sauce, toppings, cheese. It’s the complete pie. (9.2)

The plain pie was great too. The crust and the sauce are the highlight as it had just a dusting of parmesan. (8.8)

Also stopped at BAR after for drinks and split a red pie. Good but not in the same league as the big 3. Too thin for my taste. (7.1)

Reaction Score
2019 Final Four Best Restaurant in CT. Lost to Middletown's Bread and Water on Warwick Street.

Bread and Water is truly a hidden gem. One of the best fine dining experiences I’ve had in CT. Highly recommended to anyone that hasn’t tried it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Boneyard, I need help. I'm in Norwalk tonight. What good pizza places are nearby?
I don’t know about Norwalk but Fairfield is close and there is a Pepe’s there.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Boneyard, I need help. I'm in Norwalk tonight. What good pizza places are nearby?

Nothing like Pepe's in the area, but maybe Bar Sugo will do the trick. Or depending where you are in Norwalk, either Locali in New Canaan or Rizzuto's in Westport. I understand Tarry Lodge opened a place in Westport. If it's as good as the one in Port Chester, that might be a consideration.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What type of pizza do you like?
Fat Cat for thin crust, salad, and good wine
Letizia for good local pizza place pizza
Jordan's for Greek

I haven't been anywhere that's opened in recent years so there may be better. There is now a Colony for thin bar pies.

Not a particularly notable pizza town

Reaction Score
What type of pizza do you like?
Fat Cat for thin crust, salad, and good wine
Letizia for good local pizza place pizza
Jordan's for Greek

I haven't been anywhere that's opened in recent years so there may be better. There is now a Colony for thin bar pies.

Not a particularly notable pizza town
I'll level with you, were drunk and need a nearby place more than anything else

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom