OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
While we’re at it. who’s your favorite D2 women’s team

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
11461-box-l.png

Reaction Score
How good are they frozen? I'm tempted to order some.

Better than majority of grocery store freezer case stuff.

We used to stop and grab a bunch to bring to my son when he was going to Temple. They were a hit with his housemates and a taste of home when away for him.

Disclosure: I’ve never had them shipped. Always took a ride and grabbed what they had available in their freezer case by cashier.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
img-products-indiv-pizzeria-multi-cheese.jpg
When I was a kid, my grandmother would always make us Tony’s pizza and my grandfather would force us to eat purple cabbage. What I remember most is that when she cooked the pizza, the whole kitchen would fill with the smell of gas.

Even today I associate round frozen pizza (not Ellio’s!) with the smell of gas. It’s weird but it’s a comforting memory.

Tony’s is the king. Best frozen pizza of all time. Great sauce.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Best frozen pizza ( well it’s more a casserole but) is pizzeria uno deep dish offerings.

By best I mean the best frozen approximation of the real thing. Deep dish lends itself to freezing oven reheating.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Best frozen pizza ( well it’s more a casserole but) is pizzeria uno deep dish offerings.

By best I mean the best frozen approximation of the real thing. Deep dish lends itself to freezing oven reheating.

Reasoning is sound. Yet I'm having a hard time imagining the situation in which I'd actually buy a frozen deep dish pizza.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Re: "Sauce made from real tomatoes"... as opposed to what?

Is this because they used to use something that wasn't tomatoes? Or is it to deviously suggest that their competitors are using some ersatz crap?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I hope to never eat frozen pizza.

Now, how about your best canned vegetable?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Re: "Sauce made from real tomatoes"... as opposed to what?

Is this because they used to use something that wasn't tomatoes? Or is it to deviously suggest that their competitors are using some ersatz crap?

The sauce is good. I know not why. Spicy.

And while @August_West is correct that the refrigerated Unos taste like UNOs at the restaurant, they still aren’t best.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That is not a combination I have ever heard of but now I'm intrigued

I haven't thought about combo in years and never made it after I moved out of the house, but yes, I do recall that being dinner on numerous occasions growing up. And I believe the whole thing was brought together with one of those small cans of Hunt's tomato sauce - no additional seasoning. It was solid kid food - but not sure I'd think much of it today. Or any hotdog casserole-like thing for that matter.

My canned vegetable of choice is chipotle in adobo, but that's kinda like cheating. So I'll go with medium sized low-sodium artichokes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They aren’t frozen but the $6 pizzas at Sam’s club are legit decent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom