OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 103 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm confused. Is it Italian apizza or Greek pizza?

There no such thing as Italian Greek pizza

Clearly Greek - not sure what the confusion is.

What is a Connecticut or New England Style Pizza (Also referred to as "Greek Pizza")? It is a thin pan Pizza with a slightly rounded crust. Our Pizzas are baked to a perfectly golden brown color with a crispy crust and bottom.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Patiently waiting for the "Best Pizza" thread to go to one hundred pages...

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Just tried Rocco's in Guilford last night. Got one pie, the Shoreline (gorgonzola, bacon other stuff) Excellent.
They were a bit overwhelmed on a Friday night. Growing pains. On-line ordering did not work, people on hold.
I will definitely be back to try more traditional pies.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I'm not reading all 9,000 pages of this so idk if someone has said this, but bradley and wall in madison is awesome

Reaction Score
Just tried Rocco's in Guilford last night. Got one pie, the Shoreline (gorgonzola, bacon other stuff) Excellent.
They were a bit overwhelmed on a Friday night. Growing pains. On-line ordering did not work, people on hold.
I will definitely be back to try more traditional pies.

In Guilford? I’ll have to give it a try. Only 5 minutes away. Thanks

Reaction Score
Show me what you got. I say it’s Dr. Oetker’s Virtuoso pepperoni and it’s not even close.

large_c3294baa-586e-46ec-92ea-af77511403ce.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Do they still make Tree Tavern? If so, there's your winner.

EDIT: Why yes they do, even though I can't get them in Pgh. Found this ranking of frozen pizzas on NJ.com. Tree Tavern is 9th of 37. Dr. Oetker is 7th. I've only had the Dr. pizza once and my memory of Tree Tavern would still put it ahead of the good doctor's pie.

That Amnon's kosher pizza at 14 actually looks pretty tasty compared to the rest of 'em. But I have to wonder about a review that would put Ellio's at 11.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll buy a Newman's Own pizza when it's on sale for $1

The best are Costco

Yep Costco 2nd vote.

Was there a Royal branded frozen pizza way back on the day like 70s? I liked them as a kid.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
img-products-indiv-pizzeria-multi-cheese.jpg
When I was a kid, my grandmother would always make us Tony’s pizza and my grandfather would force us to eat purple cabbage. What I remember most is that when she cooked the pizza, the whole kitchen would fill with the smell of gas.

Even today I associate round frozen pizza (not Ellio’s!) with the smell of gas. It’s weird but it’s a comforting memory.

Reaction Score
img-products-indiv-pizzeria-multi-cheese.jpg
When I was a kid, my grandmother would always make us Tony’s pizza and my grandfather would force us to eat purple cabbage. What I remember most is that when she cooked the pizza, the whole kitchen would fill with the smell of gas.

Even today I associate round frozen pizza (not Ellio’s!) with the smell of gas. It’s weird but it’s a comforting memory.
Ellios are low-key decent

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Show me what you got. I say it’s Dr. Oetker’s Virtuoso pepperoni and it’s not even close.

large_c3294baa-586e-46ec-92ea-af77511403ce.jpg

You should pay royalties to CTbasketball for
This thread. I’m sure you’ll here from his lawyer.

Reaction Score
American Flatbread and Newman’s own are banging
I like Newman's own, especially for how cheap it is, but they are tricky to cook. 30 seconds too long and the cheese hardens almost instantly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom