OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 138 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Ate at ernies last evening. Sorta disappointing. Wasn’t terrible but not what I was expecting

Reaction Score
The Apizza 8 is settled (according to Taste of New Haven)

pizza.png

"Honorable mentions: Brick Oven Pizza, Tolli's Apizza, Next Door Big Green Truck Pizza, DePalmas Apizza, Yorkside Pizza, Abate Apizza and then there’s the remaining 300 pizzerias in Greater New Haven! Nothing to complain about!"

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
6:00 PM on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. No line at Pepe’s. Big line at Sally’s. The power of barstool, like it or not. Crazy.

Wow! On a Friday!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Gotta give a slice tip to Brickside Pizza in Ivoryton. Thin crust, wood-fired pizza. The edge crust is puffy and crunchy. Addictive.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In the northwest corner, that means, from Torrington, north and west. 1) Deano's Pizza in Lakeville, a thin-crust Brooklyn style pie. Great specialty pies. Lasagna pie, buffalo chicken pie and sweet chili chicken pies are very good. 2) The Berkshire Café in Torrington 3) Roma's in Torrington 4) Bohemian Pizza in Litchfield 5) Kent Pizza in Winsted

Hulk spotted there Thursday night:

Reaction Score
Bohemian Pizza is ok, not great, but ok. Been there several times. Nice atmosphere and great service but the pizza is not up to New Haven top 8 standards however other things on the menu are very very good. I'll get take out there on on occasion.

The guy is an actor and spends most of his time in LA. He can't handle true New Haven Pizza right away. Going to a second tier joint in CT first like Bohemian is like a 12-step pizza program. I did the same myself when I lived around Boston and had not made it back to CT in several years. I hit Rossini's first in the burbs before I was ready to venture into New Haven.

Reaction Score
The guy is an actor and spends most of his time in LA. He can't handle true New Haven Pizza right away. Going to a second tier joint in CT first like Bohemian is like a 12-step pizza program. I did the same myself when I lived around Boston and had not made it back to CT in several years. I hit Rossini's first in the burbs before I was ready to venture into New Haven.
He could try Roseland in quiet Derby, it's just as good as the top places in New Haven.

Reaction Score
Bohemian Pizza is ok, not great, but ok. Been there several times. Nice atmosphere and great service but the pizza is not up to New Haven top 8 standards however other things on the menu are very very good. I'll get take out there on on occasion.
Bohemian was pretty good a million years ago when the Croatian guy ran it. I've seen some stuff at that bar back in the day which would probably make you lose your appetite.

Reaction Score
Mark Ruffalo's kid goes to Forman, he eats at The Village sometimes.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Bohemian was pretty good a million years ago when the Croatian guy ran it. I've seen some stuff at that bar back in the day which would probably make you lose your appetite.

About a decade ago I would play that place once a month for a few years running. The pizza was more than decent for up there. It was a fun place, used to get sweaty style packed to the gills . And yes could be grimy. When it changed I stopped booking it.

Reaction Score
About a decade ago I would play that place once a month for a few years running. The pizza was more than decent for up there. It was a fun place, used to get sweaty style packed to the gills . And yes could be grimy. When it changed I stopped booking it.
Gary still owns the bar, did he clean it up or something?

Reaction Score
Mark Ruffalo's kid goes to Forman, he eats at The Village sometimes.

Having a Pie at John's, Joe's, Lombardi's, Lucali (Brooklyn), Grimaldi's (Brooklyn), Sottocasa (Brooklyn, an under the radar basement place with an outdoor patio that I found a while back), Patsy's (Brooklyn next to Barclay's), Razza (Jersey City, which is one I still need to try) are all acceptable steps on the way back to New Haven pizza.

Reaction Score
Had lunch at Zuppardi's yesterday. Three small pies: white clam, mozzarella, and plain grated cheese plus sausage.

All were delicious, if a step below the big 3, hard for me to figure out how. White clam is perfection and blows Pepe's factory shucked clams out of the water.

Reaction Score
Had lunch at Zuppardi's yesterday. Three small pies: white clam, mozzarella, and plain grated cheese plus sausage.

All were delicious, if a step below the big 3, hard for me to figure out how. White clam is perfection and blows Pepe's factory shucked clams out of the water.
When did Pepe's stop using freshly shucked clams?

Reaction Score

I love Zuppardis, I prefer Zuppardis and Modern over the other big boys.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Recently read an article about Pepe's clam shucker.
Fake news

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom