OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 140 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Had a chance to finally visit Bufalina yesterday. Very good pizza that I would eat regularly if I lived closer. Good crust, good char, maybe a slight bit too doughy for thin crust. They only have 7 or 8 specialty pies though and no option to build a pie with your own toppings, other than mixing and matching the toppings available on the specialty pies. Nice people and atmosphere, worth trying for sure.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had a chance to finally visit Bufalina yesterday. Very good pizza that I would eat regularly if I lived closer. Good crust, good char, maybe a slight bit too doughy for thin crust. They only have 7 or 8 specialty pies though and no option to build a pie with your own toppings, other than mixing and matching the toppings available on the specialty pies. Nice people and atmosphere, worth trying for sure.
Did you get the special pie with pesto, peas, scapes, buffalo mozzarella and bacon? Had that earlier this week and thought it was excellent. Also got the fagioli (white bean purée, sausage, charred broccoli and lemon) from the new summer menu and thought it was good but not as good as the special.

Reaction Score
Did you get the special pie with pesto, peas, scapes, buffalo mozzarella and bacon? Had that earlier this week and thought it was excellent. Also got the fagioli (white bean purée, sausage, charred broccoli and lemon) from the new summer menu and thought it was good but not as good as the special.
I did not but now you have me thinking I need a return trip very soon! I ordered a margherita as a starter while waiting for someone. I got surprisingly full from that and didn’t try another pie.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I did not but now you have me thinking I need a return trip very soon! I ordered a margherita as a starter while waiting for someone. I got surprisingly full from that and didn’t try another pie.
Scapes will probably be gone after this week. They are usually only around for a few weeks, and Bufalina usually changes their special pie by the week.

But definitely get the fichi from the summer menu. Figs, Gorgonzola dolce and speck. Tremendous.

Reaction Score
Scapes will probably be gone after this week. They are usually only around for a few weeks, and Bufalina usually changes their special pie by the week.

But definitely get the fichi from the summer menu. Figs, Gorgonzola dolce and speck. Tremendous.
I was definitely eyeing the fichi!

Reaction Score

Made a scape pesto that I put on grilled chicken thighs last weekend. My breath still stinks.

Reaction Score

Haha thought I opened the pizza thread.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Haha thought I opened the pizza thread.
Don’t knock it till you try it. It’s pizza. And closer to the pizza I had in Italy than any pizza I’ve ever had elsewhere.

VCE

Reaction Score
What’s the best in the Rocky Hill/Cromwell/Middletown area? Headed back there for my nephew’s bday and I’m tired of Ilianos.

Do you guys have a best bagel thread? I know there was a place in West Hartford we went to once which was great, but it was a bit of a pain to get to.

C

Chief00

What’s the best in the Rocky Hill/Cromwell/Middletown area? Headed back there for my nephew’s bday and I’m tired of Ilianos.

Do you guys have a best bagel thread? I know there was a place in West Hartford we went to once which was great, but it was a bit of a pain to get to.
Chief actually likes a Greek place when in that area - Westside Pizza in Rocky Hill. Old school - don’t even have a website.
Pizza.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Stick to basketball. Greek pizza sucks.

We don't have Greek pizza around around Pittsburgh, but every 10 years or so when I'm up in CT I'll stop at Hope St. Pizza in Stamford for one because some deep, dark part of me misses all that grease. Then I wonder why I did it. And I'm good for another decade.

Reaction Score
I would get Greek pizza couple times year and then village pizza in Madison burnt down. Haven't had Greek pizza since. Greek pizza isn't good but it's something different

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Had BAR pizza last night, might have been the worst pizza I’ve had from them.

Reaction Score
We don't have Greek pizza around around Pittsburgh, but every 10 years or so when I'm up in CT I'll stop at Hope St. Pizza in Stamford for one because some deep, dark part of me misses all that grease. Then I wonder why I did it. And I'm good for another decade.
I used to live on Hope st. The pizza there is a decent guilty pleasure but colony hot oil was always the go to.

Reaction Score

Krust in Middletown is good. Thin crust, woodfired.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Greek is okay for a change or if there is no thin crust around, but nearly anything with green peppers is a non-starter. If the bell won't at least start to ripen, it's compost.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I used to live on Hope st. The pizza there is a decent guilty pleasure but colony hot oil was always the go to.

Well yeah. That's why Greek is only an every decade thing. Colony is every single trip.

I go back well before they even offered hot oil. Bobo was still kickin around back then with Fitz before Skeets came on board and they took out the shuffleboard to add more tables. Schafer in pitchers with juice glasses. When it was still a cop bar and when you stopped in at 7pm there were regulars at the end you just knew were there since 10am. IOW, I'm old.

I tried Riko's about 3 years ago. Got the runs.

Reaction Score

Pizza:
-Mondo’s, Main St. Middletown
-Vera Cucina, Saybrook Rd. Middletown
-Michael Angelo’s, Rocky Hill

Bagels: Probably thinking of Lox Stock or maybe Isaac’s?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom