OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 137 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I like your subtlety in not adding, "Why claim superiority when you can just simply be superior?" as your signature.

I’m an honest fella Hung. I don’t judge people based off what they eat.

I married into a people who would be bored by New Haven pizza while they eat octopus.

Nobody listens to Bon Jovi, nobody orders Dominos, nobody buys razors at the grocery store or watches Dancing with the Stars.... yet here we are.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

I married into a people who would be bored by New Haven pizza while they eat octopus.

Nobody listens to Bon Jovi, nobody orders Dominos, nobody buys razors at the grocery store or watches Dancing with the Stars.... yet here we are.

Can’t judge people for what they eat when you’re in East Hampton. The land of boiling hot dogs while yelling at your wife and blasting AC/DC. Leave the pizza talk to us civilized folks

Reaction Score
Back in my day, Glastonbury was a hick town. We used to ride horses to the McD's on Main St.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

As Yogi similarly said, "Nobody goes there any more; it's too crowded."
He likely didn't speak with a semi-colon in mind.

Reaction Score
The bizarre desire of people here to claim superiority over others based on their choice in pizza is brutal to witness.

Some places they pluck critters out of the local river and think it’s delicious.

Kansas City or Texas or North Carolina BBQ? Wild predicition. Most people like the one they had first.

OMG you didn’t get fresh clams at some obscure place in New Haven. You are such a looser.
It’s really one of the few things of pride being from CT provides us. Pathetic as that is can we at least have that?

Reaction Score
Grew up eating it. Too much cheese for my liking. For Westville apizza, I like Dayton Street better.
Agree on too much cheese ( order a little lite) but you lost me at Dayton ST better smh.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Whenever I think of Shakey Graves, I'm reminded of this Rich Hall (as his Otis Crenshaw character) quote:

"You can play guitar and harmonica at the same time, like, you know, Bob Dylan or Neil Young, well you're a genius. Make that extra effort to strap some cymbals to your knees, and people will cross the street to get the hell away from you."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree on too much cheese ( order a little lite) but you lost me at Dayton ST better smh.

this is pretty much my take on ernie's. i live in amity right now, so ernie's and dayton st are my local spots. ernie's is a pretty great pie, and a good spot to hang and crush miller high lifes, but it's waaay too much cheese. i order it light on the cheese, and it still feels a little excessive.

i am into dayton st, though. in barstool terms, it's good "football pizza." nothing special, but i would order it for a party 10 out of 10 times.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
As Yogi similarly said, "Nobody goes there any more; it's too crowded."
He likely didn't speak with a semi-colon in mind.
One of the magazines (remember magazines?) I used to write for, the editor held that our product was read in the Jon by Bubba. Hence, Bubba's Rules of the Jon, number 6 of which was, "Semicolons are not allowed in the Jon. If you have the urge to use one, use a period and start a new sentence."

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
One of the magazines (remember magazines?) I used to write for, the editor held that our product was read in the Jon by Bubba. Hence, Bubba's Rules of the Jon, number 6 of which was, "Semicolons are not allowed in the Jon. If you have the urge to use one, use a period and start a new sentence."
By and large sound advice.

In Yogi's telling, the two clauses are so linked that a period would be too much, and "... , because... "would ruin the comic timing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom