B12 - If we accept invite, in 10 years what is the outcome? | Page 14 | The Boneyard

B12 - If we accept invite, in 10 years what is the outcome?

If we accept B12 invite, what is the likeliest result in 10 years.

• Beyond wildest dreams - Football gets good, Basketball thrives, fans embrace, rest of AD boosted

• Status Quo - Basketball thrives, football stuck in mud, fanbase is neutral, rest of AD stat quo

• Mostly disappointing - Basketball falters, football inconsistent, fanbase nostalgic, AD dips

• House on Fire - Basketball does AAC v2, Football mostly losing seasons, fanbase in flames, AD crisis

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
It's badly phrased. Big XII will be 3 religious private schools and 9 public schools. Big East is one public school and 10 religious private schools.
Butler is not religiously affiliated.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I didn't say anything remotely close to that...
You said trade places. That’s a part of trading places. They took the money and it made none of their programs better. While hurting the best parts of their AD’s performance.

Reaction Score
You kinda did.
I thought it was painfully obvious in a conference realignment thread I was talking about how we would take Syracuse and Pitt's spot in the ACC. In what possible world would I say I want to trade a national championship for a missed tournament appearance?

Reaction Score
Definitely hyperbole to the money part. Just don’t know if the money is worth it if it hurts the basketball programs. Since they are the cash cows.

The Big 12 is pretty competitive in football. Even without Texas and OU. It’s going to be really hard competing with programs who have Texas as their recruiting grounds.

The new schools Cincinnati, BYU, and UCF dominanted their previous conferences. UConn is not close to that.
You don't follow football recruiting. QB they got a verbal from the DFW Area is a big deal..

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I have an idea.

Someone in here make a PowerPoint saying how good we are and send it to the Big 12. They will for sure let us in if we do that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You said trade places. That’s a part of trading places. They took the money and it made none of their programs better. While hurting the best parts of their AD’s performance.
BC
Louisville
Syracuse
Pitt

hell let throw in
Virginia Tech
jesus even Miami
West Virginia?

Hows that going?

Its p5 Valhalla

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Butler is not religiously affiliated.
Fine. Not anymore. Doesn't change the point. Big XII mostly public universities. Big East, we are the only one.

Reaction Score
I think Mora was a great hire and will elevate football. I’m just not sure what the ceiling of the program is and if he does well will he move on immediately? The football program is super lucky to have a former NFL coach right now. If he does leave, then what?

It’s very shaky ground to make long term decisions off of. Every decision should be about what’s in the best interest of basketball.

If anything, if/when Mora does well maybe the Big Ten does come calling to get a piece of the New York market they were stupid enough to think Rutgers was suppose to help with.
Less of a chance he leaves if UConn is in the Big 12 and they would have a lot more money to replace him if he did.

I would be really surprised if he left if UConn was in the Big 12.

As to basketball and football.

Crystal ball time...Say if the move was a resounding success in football with UConn being a top 20-25 team going forward but the move really hurt the basketball team and they went from where they are now to just being a good team that makes the tournament 70% of the time but never makes noise would people vote for a move to the Big 12 or staying in the Big East?

August_West

Reaction Score
No it's not. They suck because they made awful coaching decisions, not because they're in the ACC. This is a dumb argument
all of them?

BC
Louisville
Syracuse
Pitt

Virginia Tech
even Miami
West Virginia?

How did 7 teams with so much P5 money make all the same coaching failures?

Reaction Score
all of them?

BC
Louisville
Syracuse
Pitt

Virginia Tech
even Miami
West Virginia?
I mean, yes. The top group absolutely, BC is just terrible at all things so they would suck anywhere. The bottom group I would all classify as being successful post leaving the Big East

Reaction Score
So your choice is to do nothing then find out you were wrong and say "oops, my bad"?
Sure that’s what I want - can we make that an option in the poll so I can select it?

August_West

Reaction Score
I mean, yes. The top group absolutely, BC is just terrible at all things so they would suck anywhere. The bottom group I would all classify as being successful post leaving the Big East
Really?

You and I have a different definition of success.

Reaction Score
Really?

You and I have a different definition of success.
Relative to their schools yes. I wouldn't be happy with UConn having seasons like they've had, but all those schools are multiple tiers below UConn.

Miami's run the past few seasons is about the best they can hope for and would be a disappointing run for UConn

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Less of a chance he leaves if UConn is in the Big 12 and they would have a lot more money to replace him if he did.

Crystal ball time...Say if the move was a resounding success in football with UConn being a top 20-25 team going forward but the move really hurt the basketball team and they went from where they are now to just being a good team that makes the tournament 70% of the time but never makes noise would people vote for a move to the Big 12 or staying in the Big East?
Do you think we’d be able to keep him over the SEC or Big Ten? He’s going to be a super hot name if he turns UConn of all places into a top 25 team with NFL coaching experience.

I would still vote for staying in the Big East and winning championships while being able to little bro Providence.

Reaction Score
Facts hurt sometimes. Why do we want to give up a 5 time NC winner with a bullet? And here’s the thing if that was the football team winning 5 and I was a destitute hoops fan I wouldn’t want to torpedo football to go on a wish and a star for hoops.
Well said.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I think there is a zero percent chance that conference affiliation has anything to do with tournament success for a team that gets in 70% of the time. It's not a feasible possibility. If we get in the tournament regularly then we'll get the same shots to go deep we have in the Big East. It makes no difference. The only risk is that fans stop supporting the team as they did when we joined the American. That's it. It's entirely on us. If fans decide that they want to see us play #20 Xavier instead of #19 K-State, and don't show up, the program will suffer. I'm hoping our fans won't react that way.

Also: we aren't becoming a top 20-25 football team on a regular basis. I don't expect that. Few programs are in that tier.

August_West

Reaction Score
Relative to their schools yes. I wouldn't be happy with UConn having seasons like they've had, but all those schools are multiple tiers below UConn.

Miami's run the past few seasons is about the best they can hope for and would be a disappointing run for UConn
and their football team is a shell of what it once was. But yet you want to go down the same path.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lol - Pitt won a tournament game this season and Miami played in the friggin final 4 vs someone but I'm forgetting who. West Va made the tournament too.

August_West

Reaction Score
The only risk is that fans stop supporting the team as they did when we joined the American. That's it. It's entirely on us. If fans decide that they want to see us play #20 Xavier instead of #19 K-State, and don't show up, the program will suffer.

Arent you a Pats fan?

And you dont recognize that as a given instead of a hypothesis?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

An elite 8 and final four would be a disappointing run for us??

Whats Going On Reaction GIF by Travis

Reaction Score
So I will be fair here. KO checking out was an equal factor to our demise as AAC. That being said, when we replaced KO Hurley desperately wanted out of AAC . Why?
Agreed. And has anybody bothered to ask Hurley if he wants to go to the B12? Maybe we’d lose him if that happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom