B12 - If we accept invite, in 10 years what is the outcome? | Page 20 | The Boneyard

B12 - If we accept invite, in 10 years what is the outcome?

If we accept B12 invite, what is the likeliest result in 10 years.

• Beyond wildest dreams - Football gets good, Basketball thrives, fans embrace, rest of AD boosted

• Status Quo - Basketball thrives, football stuck in mud, fanbase is neutral, rest of AD stat quo

• Mostly disappointing - Basketball falters, football inconsistent, fanbase nostalgic, AD dips

• House on Fire - Basketball does AAC v2, Football mostly losing seasons, fanbase in flames, AD crisis

Results are only viewable after voting.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nerd Taxes GIF by Verohallinto

"No honey, I can't change her diaper! I am too busy preserving what is right for future UConn generations!!"

I have actually said that. She’s on board with that. We ( like uconn) are New York

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think the tournaments are different because they’re suppose to be neutral sites. Conference tournaments in a conference where we are the geographical outlier.

I wouldn’t sign up to potentially have a 2009 Final Four scenario every year against Kansas to win the conference tourney. That’s just an unnecessary competitive disadvantage when we currently have that advantage.

MSG might not mean anything to a Texas Tech, but it’s a part of our history and it’s a selling point in people interested in our program. And to the media in general.

If we’re in the Big 12 we don’t see Kemba’s step back and Ray Allen’s runner every year to preview the tournament.
Now that is a valid point. Hadn't thought of that and it would be a loss. Our own history in it makes it special, along with proximity.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Game was still sold out, wasn’t all with Marquette/Xavier fans, but a sell out is a sell out.

A sell out is still impressive - no denying it - but let's not pretend that a final that doesn't include UConn or Villanova has any real juice in the city.

Oy gevalt

So tickets were $150, or $25?

You're comparing the current league to what was the greatest basketball conference of all-time. It may not have the same juice as when the league was getting 11 teams into the tournament, but it's still pretty damn special.

Exactly? It's a great tournament but a lot of fans would prefer to cling onto the past as opposed to seeing the future.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We got some non believers, in here. That’s a losers mentality.
Too harsh. I have a foot in both camps and want the Big 12 to happen. But too many FB-only refuse to admit how much damage FB did to BB. It's truly a miracle that we came back so soon.

Reaction Score
A sell out is still impressive - no denying it - but let's not pretend that a final that doesn't include UConn or Villanova has any real juice in the city.

Exactly? It's a great tournament but a lot of fans would prefer to cling onto the past as opposed to seeing the future.
A lot of people happen to think the Big East is an excellent conference right now and the best place for UConn basketball right now and for the future. A lot of people have questions about how a move to the Big 12 might negatively impact UConn basketball going forward.

What past are you talking about? The Big East has been different since the early 2000's, were you complaining about people clinging to the past in 2011? That was the best basketball conference ever IMO.

Reaction Score

I mean if Seton Hall, St John's, even Gtown make the finals, I expect the place to be packed with fans. I still watched the final from home, its a great tournament.

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score

The B1G tournament at msg finals featuring the number #7 and #11 teams in the country were 5000 people away from a sell out. But yeah BigEast has no juice when it puts the #6 and #13 teams in the country from THE EXACT SAME area that the B1G teams were from and sells out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Too harsh. I have a foot in both camps and want the Big 12 to happen. But too many FB-only refuse to admit how much damage FB did to BB. It's truly a miracle that we came back so soon.
I'll bite. How did football damage Basketball?

CL82

Reaction Score
The Big East has been different since the early 2000's, were you complaining about people clinging to the past in 2011? That was the best basketball conference ever IMO.
100% It's a shame that ESPN paid for it to be carved up. It was a great lineup up and down the conference.

CL82

Reaction Score

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
A lot of people happen to think the Big East is an excellent conference right now and the best place for UConn basketball right now and for the future. A lot of people have questions about how a move to the Big 12 might negatively impact UConn basketball going forward.

What past are you talking about? The Big East has been different since the early 2000's, were you complaining about people clinging to the past in 2011? That was the best basketball conference ever IMO.

The 16 team Big East and the Big East tournament was damn near as good as March Madness.

The Big East is a very good league and I've never said there aren't negatives to leaving the conference. The positives of being in a P5 league, with more revenue and secured linear tv exposure outweigh the negatives - not to mention the Big 12 is arguably the top basketball league in America.

This doesn't even factor in how it revives football from the dead - which I think you acknowledge as opposed to other posters who root against our own program.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Big East had almost 2k more fans in attendance in the finals than Texas vs Kansas.
That's not shocking when MSG has a capacity about 2000 higher. The Big East Tournament is a great event. No question about it. UConn has incredible history there. But I'm sure we can enjoy and build history in the Big XII tournament as well.

Reaction Score
didn’t read the thread but syracuse is a great example. in the 90’s cuse was a household name. now bball, football?

and st. john’s is gonna be biggest name in 2024

Reaction Score
We have moved on pointing fingers is for losers. It’s turned out well, going independent was good for Mora to build the program back up and clean up the stench left behind. Sucks that we can’t have Big East basketball and football.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The B1G tournament at msg finals featuring the number #7 and #11 teams in the country were 5000 people away from a sell out. But yeah BigEast has no juice when it puts the #6 and #13 teams in the country from THE EXACT SAME area that the B1G teams were from and sells out.

The only reason you got a like for this post is that I just noticed your avatar.

Reaction Score

The BE is maybe an excellent Men's BB Conference, but that's it...

The same problem that haunted the BE for decades continues. It always was, first and foremost, a BB conference. Remember the conference really was the brain child of Dave Gavitt, AD at PC. The biggest problem the conference had was that PC guys always were at the helm. How could this be when PC hasn't had a football or baseball team in decades? That spoke volumes. How could you leave management of the BE in the hands of guys from a small, catholic college with no football or baseball experience?

Now, "The New BE" has marginal baseball and zero football. We need a conference better suited to our potential and demographic. We are highly regarded, state land grant university. We need a conference that reflects that. It simply is not going to happen in the BE. Of all the universities in New England and New York, we are best positioned to make a successful transition to a P-5 conference. Not for nothing, the same was true in 2011 and 2012 when we got snubbed by the ACC. But, that's another story and I have already filled these pages with my view of the same...

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Question for the football folks, what’s UConns expected record this year?

Will they be good enough to take care of cupcakes? To beat the Duke’s and NC State’s of the world?

Genuine question because the schedule looks light outside of Tennessee depending on how good they can be.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Will they be good enough to take care of cupcakes? To beat the Duke’s and NC State’s of the world?

Genuine question because the schedule looks light outside of Tennessee depending on how good they can be.
Duke: maybe? NC State: nah.

Reaction Score
didn’t read the thread but syracuse is a great example. in the 90’s cuse was a household name. now bball, football?

and st. john’s is gonna be biggest name in 2024

Using St John's as an example of Big East prosperity is LOL funny.

and do you really think St John's prospects for 2023 would be any less if they were in the ACC or B12? Their fortunes changed on a dime when they landed a hall of fame coach, it has very little to do with the conference. Put Pitino in Syracuse and they would be the hot team right now.

August_West

Reaction Score
The only reason you got a like for this post is that I just noticed your avatar.

Thank you.

These Football NPC's are rough to take seriously, except @noeynox he's a good Uconn fan who wants the best for the right reasons. Everyone else has been duped.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Duke: maybe? NC State: nah.

The Post had us at 4.5 O/U on wins and promoted the O. I think the team will be better. With our schedule
I think we can reasonably count on 5 and 7 would be great.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Are you attempting to throw a little dig in at the football program or do you not follow the sport at all? NX State won't be a cupcake, in fact it would be very safe to say that they will be a better football team this upcoming season than St John's was a men's basketball team this past season.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Are you attempting to throw a little dig in at the football program or do you not follow the sport at all? NX State won't be a cupcake, in fact it would be very safe to say that they will be a better football team this upcoming season than St John's was a men's basketball team this past season.
It was a genuine question. I haven’t followed football in years because I can’t stomach watching teams I like be bad.

I watch Michigan football in the meantime which clogs my perspective on who is a good team or not. When I said cupcakes I was referring to everyone else on the schedule. Not NC State, Duke, and Tennessee. But Tennessee should be a step above the 2 others this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom