B12 - If we accept invite, in 10 years what is the outcome? | The Boneyard

B12 - If we accept invite, in 10 years what is the outcome?

If we accept B12 invite, what is the likeliest result in 10 years.

• Beyond wildest dreams - Football gets good, Basketball thrives, fans embrace, rest of AD boosted

• Status Quo - Basketball thrives, football stuck in mud, fanbase is neutral, rest of AD stat quo

• Mostly disappointing - Basketball falters, football inconsistent, fanbase nostalgic, AD dips

• House on Fire - Basketball does AAC v2, Football mostly losing seasons, fanbase in flames, AD crisis

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
There have been many twitter polls - but thought valuable for posterity a couple simple questions to put yourself on record. This question is simple. If offered for all sports as it appears, and there is equal revenue share, should we take the leap?

This is not anonymous - you will be on record :)

Reaction Score
A simple question to put BY on record. If we accept B12 invite, what is the likeliest result in 10 years. Getting people on record for posterity.

Not anonymous, your prediction will be recorded :)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Where is the better than we are now but not wildest dreams?
Exactly. This is what I believe. #1 was too optimistic. But #2 should be #3.

The real #2 should be "Basketball continues to be a power, football improves and is competitive, baseball improves due to better competition and recruiting"

The worst case is what is listed as #3. House on fire isn't happening.

Reaction Score
I think if the Big 12 offer comes, you got to think the ACC might come in strong / late.
Recently, it’s become apparent that we would strengthen that conference vs. be lucky to get an invite. Geographically, and academically we fit. More importantly we are growing in all the right ways while others they accepted in last round of expansion have gone in the opposite direction.

The Big 12 would be wise to act sooner than later IMO.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Or

I have no idea (especially since we have no idea what the Big10 and SEC are doing)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Unless an ACC (or B1G) invite comes, yes. Did you people not attend my Ted talk?
The notion that we need to be P5 to accept another P5 invitation is BS.

Houston, Cincinnati, BYU, and UCF all just went from G5 to P5 before we were even thought of.

Reaction Score

Houston, Cincinnati, BYU, and UCF all just went from G5 to P5 before we were even thought of.
But the P5 invite they got was to the B12, the same invite people are saying we have to take if it ever actually comes. It's the B10 and SEC who are the next tier up and only gonna pick from P5 schools if they ever choose to split off. I'm skeptical either of those things ever happen, and UConn basketball will still be successful so I'll live

Reaction Score

They all had strong football programs. That is a big difference and basically the question about us. If we field a competitive and financially strong footbll program that will change the narrative about UConn.

Reaction Score
Isn't there an option between "Beyond wildest dreams" and "Status quo"?

I mean in my opinion Status quo is basically a top 10 Athletic department and rabid fan/media attention. There isn't much room between status quo of generally championship level athletics outside of football and wildest dreams imho

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Financially better off than the present day - thats the most important thing for the mess that UConn is in right now

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Are you a pollster in real life?????????????????????????

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think football and majority of sports will improve, basketball will dip somewhat but not significantly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom