B12 - If we accept invite, in 10 years what is the outcome? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

B12 - If we accept invite, in 10 years what is the outcome?

If we accept B12 invite, what is the likeliest result in 10 years.

• Beyond wildest dreams - Football gets good, Basketball thrives, fans embrace, rest of AD boosted

• Status Quo - Basketball thrives, football stuck in mud, fanbase is neutral, rest of AD stat quo

• Mostly disappointing - Basketball falters, football inconsistent, fanbase nostalgic, AD dips

• House on Fire - Basketball does AAC v2, Football mostly losing seasons, fanbase in flames, AD crisis

Results are only viewable after voting.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'm pro-B12 move, but let's remember that Jamie Dixon left for the SEC and Pitt replaced him with the incompetent Stallings, Boeheim became fossilized, and BC is BC.
Yup. It’s the same reason why Butler and Georgetown have sucked the last few years and why Nova is big question mark going forward, despite being in the Big East. Bad coaching decisions have bad effects on programs.

See also, UConn football.

Reaction Score
In 10 years time I am expecting (praying) for the following:
  • UConn invited to the Big 12
  • ACC GOR dissolves and Clemson/UVA/UNC/FSU/Miami/ND find homes in the SEC/B1G
  • Big 12 scoops up some combo of Cuse/Pitt/NC St/VA tech/Duke/Wake/Lville to get to 20 teams
  • Big 12 and Yormark make a push for the Big 12 tournament at MSG once the BET contract expires in 2028
  • UConn fans are the happiest they have been since the peak of the OBE

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm pro-B12 move, but let's remember that Jamie Dixon left for the SEC and Pitt replaced him with the incompetent Stallings, Boeheim became fossilized, and BC is BC.
That’s my point. Coaching makes a huge difference. Hurley leaves, or Ollifies, it depends on who replaces him. And coaches sometimes overstay their time. Boehiem is one extreme example. But there have been many others. Excellent runs then fall off over time. So predicting 20 years out is pretty tough.

Reaction Score
There have been many twitter polls - but thought valuable for posterity a couple simple questions to put yourself on record. This question is simple. If offered for all sports as it appears, and there is equal revenue share, should we take the leap?

This is not anonymous - you will be on record :)
Good!!!

Reaction Score
In 10 years time I am expecting (praying) for the following:
  • UConn invited to the Big 12
  • ACC GOR dissolves and Clemson/UVA/UNC/FSU/Miami/ND find homes in the SEC/B1G
  • Big 12 scoops up some combo of Cuse/Pitt/NC St/VA tech/Duke/Wake/Lville to get to 20 teams
  • Big 12 and Yormark make a push for the Big 12 tournament at MSG once the BET contract expires in 2028
  • UConn fans are the happiest they have been since the peak of the OBE
Very possible on all outcomes.

Reaction Score
final judgment GIF
They offer it’s a no brainer we accept.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And Miami? Looked pretty good when we played them. Syracuse was a self inflicted failure to push JB into retirement. Capel got Pitt to 24 wins, so maybe there's hope. BC is what it was before, at least since O'Brien. Dixon would have left if they stayed in the Big East too, JB would have become inept, and BC would have been BC.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Football and baseball get better based just on recruiting options. WBB is worse only because Geno will be gone. MBB will be a wildcard. Could be as successful but without the buzz. Returning to the BEast was a big bump in terms of recruiting buzz and media coverage.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They all had strong football programs. That is a big difference and basically the question about us. If we field a competitive and financially strong footbll program that will change the narrative about UConn.
It's a chicken/egg scenario. UConn will once they get in.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Whatever. Someplace south.
I'm not sure what the point of your initial post was (maybe to be wary of a move to the Big 12??), but Dixon literally left for a school in the Big 12 (the conference we're we will likely be going to). But you know whatever.

Reaction Score
The likes of me going to many games will nolonger be the case. All games too long of a drive and I am not sure I'd be willing to fly as much.

Although a great money move, not sure how fan support will go with this economy

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the point of your initial post was (maybe to be wary of a move to the Big 12??), but Dixon literally left for a school in the Big 12 (the conference we're we will likely be going to). But you know whatever.
I was responding to a post about former BE schools that saw their hoops programs go downhill after joining ACC. And my point was that the mere fact of joining the ACC was not the cause.

Had UConn been fortunate enough to leave for the ACC instead of the American, our program may or may not have hit the skids, but if so, it would've been for the same reasons we faceplanted in the AAC. I doubt KO doesn't get divorced because we're playing Duke and UNC.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I was responding to a post about former BE schools that saw their hoops programs go downhill after joining ACC. And my point was that the mere fact of joining the ACC was not the cause.

Had UConn been fortunate enough to leave for the ACC instead of the American, our program may or may not have hit the skids, but if so, it would've been for the same reasons we faceplanted in the AAC. I doubt KO doesn't get divorced because we're playing Duke and UNC.
Got it. Yes agreed.

Reaction Score
No disrespect to the OP but this topic is played out. No one is changing anyone's mind about the wisdom of accepting a B12 invite should that become a possibility or not.

Anyone have any scrimmage video/updates?

Reaction Score
By going to the Big 12, UConn would eclipse Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, BC, and most of the middle ACC teams

A well funded UConn athlete department is what many of our former conference peers were afraid of.

Think of UConn as the Michigan of the northeast region. This will be Huge

Reaction Score
Thinking recruits actually care THAT much about playing providence, SH, SJ, GTown, Butler, Marquette, Creighton, and DePaul is amazing to me. The only team that may get a NE kids juices flowing is Nova. And with Neptune….yeah. Give me the conference with better Athletic programs and more money. The same way AAC -> NBE was a no brainer, so is this one. It kind of has to be done if offered.

Recruiting will not dip. Hurley will not become a worse coach. Basketball won’t dip at all UNLESS Hurley leaves. Which is also true in the BE

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom