Arike tech? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Arike tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I probably need to apologize to my neighbor for all the times I yelled "Call the !@#$% game!"
I was going to apologize to my wife for similar behavior. She watched in one room while I watched in another. Only thing is I could not get a word in edgewise for her yelling "Call the !@#$% game" ! :p

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Whatever Geno's comment were they were directed at the ref. Arike had no business interjecting herself into that conversation and what she reportedly said was pretty outrageous.

The idea that somehow she was "baited" into responding is absurd. Coaches can talk to referees. Players should not be talking to opposing coaches.

Reaction Score
Glad I live in the woods with acres and horses and chickens around me..... I only scared my cats with my yelling
I don’t like arikes game because it’s too much one on one and in the WNBA defenders are too good. But I respected her aggressiveness. But after today’s game she and mabrey lost my respect with the constant complaining and especially the flagroubd fouls from Arike. Really thought she was classless today.

Reaction Score
I’m shocked to see a lack of class from a player on a Muffet McGraw-coached team.

And by “shocked” I mean “couldn’t be less surprised.”
Muffet has no control or influence over Arike. Arike does what she wants.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Whatever Geno's comment were they were directed at the ref. Arike had no business interjecting herself into that conversation and what she reportedly said was pretty outrageous.

The idea that somehow she was "baited" into responding is absurd. Coaches can talk to referees. Players should not be talking to opposing coaches.
Reminiscent of the anecdote Geno told in his book of when Michelle Snow of Tennessee told him to shut the @#$% up when Geno was talking to the refs. That time the refs didn't hear it. Arike wasn't as lucky.

Reaction Score
Adam Amin said that they were on the opposite side of the court.
Adam Amin would be bearable if he wasn’t so dramatic and roboticly spewing out stats so he can sound prepared

Reaction Score
I think there was a lot to be desired from commentators in this game. We didn't know why ND was getting extra free throws, there were several whistles and fouls that were never explained or even mentioned, I don't think they ever said that Arike got a technical - they said it was on the bench and then it was on the top left part of the screen, but you couldn't really see what was happening, then it cut away, etc. I'll have to rewatch it, but many plays and whistles left me wondering what was happening and hearing way more about stuff that didn't have anything to do with the game. .....
You have to understand that ESPN wanted ND to win this game. period...and they didn't get their way, so they needed to sugar coat everything that happened to make ND look good.

Reaction Score
You have to give Crystal credit for giving Ogunbowale fits. Reminds me of what UCONN did to Mabrey when she was a freshman and she too lost her cool.
Jaz Jones shut down Arike twice last year.

Reaction Score
You have to understand that ESPN wanted ND to win this game. period...and they didn't get their way, so they needed to sugar coat everything that happened to make ND look good.

Bizarre.... I mean I don't expect a home team advantage from them, but honestly..... how close is ESPN to UConn? Why would they want the #1 to win. If being about ratings and compelling, I'd think they'd always want the underdog to win to boost thought, conversation, etc....

Reaction Score
Arike's bad behavior started much earlier than the technical fouls. How early? 6:23 of the first quarter she hits Crystal twice while crystal is running up the court and when Crystal shoves her back she looks at Dee the ref to bail her out. All of this happens seconds before CW splashes her first three and also dribbles around Arike playing o'le defense.

Nice knowledge

Reaction Score

She was not baited, she succumbed. What does it say that an opposing player pays attention to what the opposing coach is saying. Arike should only listen to her coach and focus on the game. She knows that now.

Reaction Score
It wasn't the ND fans saying it! She said that in the Postgame!

"Ogunbowale said Auriemma masterfully baited her into the technical but was disappointed in herself for responding.
“He said some words and I fed right into it and said something back,” Ogunbowale said. “As a senior leader, I definitely can’t do that. I have to keep my composure in times like that.” "

BlueAndGold.com - No. 1 Notre Dame Falls To No. 2 UConn

I love the deflection “as a senior leader”. Senior leaders dont deliver cheap shots because they’re getting beat either

Reaction Score

The ref heard what Geno said; and the ref heard what Arike said. Only Arike got the unsportsmanlike.

Reaction Score
I think all the accolades went to her head. That is the difference at Uconn. Can you imagine a Uconn player acted like that..Pardon my English - Geno would kid her ASS....

True, Uconn has always had classy players. Geno definitely would not allow that trash to happen. ND played a little dirty today, But it is Notre Dame and that's what we have learned to expected from them . Especially after a loss. They had allot to say after beating us last season. Great win especially for the young players

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She was not baited, she succumbed. What does it say that an opposing player pays attention to what the opposing coach is saying. Arike should only listen to her coach and focus on the game. She knows that now.

Well said.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Geno and the staff are just better coaches...much better.
They concentrate on all aspects of a player's skills, personality and responsibility.

It is unthinkable that a Geno coached team would have resorted to the myriad of antics displayed by the ND five.

MM is a great coach and has turned out superb, winning teams.
But for the total package, there is no comparison.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So I just watched the highlight package. Frankly, I don't really care about Arike's technical or flagrant fouls. They just helped UConn pad the lead. What does bother me is the foul she committed in the 4th qtr when Christyn blew by her for about the 3rd or 4th time in the game, and Arike threw her hip into Christyn when she was up in the air in a manner clearly intended to undercut her, with the potential to seriously injure her. To Christyn's credit, she made the layup and the foul shot, and added an "in your face" response to the dangerous foul by Arike as she yelled, "AND ONE" as she crashed to the floor.

Reaction Score
Bizarre.... I mean I don't expect a home team advantage from them, but honestly..... how close is ESPN to UConn? Why would they want the #1 to win. If being about ratings and compelling, I'd think they'd always want the underdog to win to boost thought, conversation, etc....

How about : these are PROFESSIONALS, and for them to root for either team would be gross negligence. So by alleging they are for or against a team, the OP is impugning their professional integrity.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Bull, who does she think she is, she has no right either responding to a coach talking to the refs or acting that way to the refs. She got what she deserved and to be honest she is not the type of player I would want to play with if all she is concerned about is herself and not the team. BTW a lot of the GMs were not impressed with either her or Mabrey. Why, because it is not about them it is about the TEAM.

Wanna give a shout out to Shepard, she seemed embarrassed by that behavior in the line and almost seemed to be apologizing to Geno, I think she went to the wrong school ;)

Reaction Score
Did Arike behave poorly in the last five minutes of the game? Definitely, but maybe it was the heat of the moment and she reacted poorly in a way she shouldn’t have. Let’s hope she grows from it and improves herself. She is still is a college kid, let’s not trash her too bad.
She is a senior , with years of experience. International experience and should be able to control her emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom