Arike tech? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arike tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Her performance and the end of the game is a terrible look for the ND program. If the announcers weren’t involved in the Jimmy V stuff they would have been able to give a better accounting of her outrageous behavior. I’m surprised Muffet would let her player behave that way without taking her out of the game. talk about a poor loser.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Her performance and the end of the game is a terrible look for the ND program. If the announcers weren’t involved in the Jimmy V stuff they would have been able to give a better accounting of her outrageous behavior. I’m surprised Muffet would let her player behave that way without taking her out of the game. talk about a poor loser.

Have you listened to Muffet..... I think thats where they get it from.

Reaction Score
One thing I always admired about Muffett is that she always seemed successful at instilling a warrior mentality in her players. But playing hard and hating losing is one thing. A lack of self-discipline and self-control is another thing entirely. Whether it's Arike, or Mabrey, it always seems one of them exhibits a fairly shocking failure of comportment that devolves into dirty and unsportsmanike play...which makes whipping their butts feel soooo much better!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She did not shake Geno’s hand. She went after Crystal two times. Not a good look for her.
Didn't she elbow Lou in the face as well?

As I noted the game chat, she was, um, vocal during the game. It was picked up on mic frequently.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Didn't she elbow Lou in the face as well?

As I noted the game chat, she was, um, vocal during the game. It was picked up on mic frequently.

That was J Young and while the elbow was out, she was going up for a shot so it wasn’t any kind of clear cut (cheap) shot or anything

Lawson commented along these lines

Reaction Score
Did Arike behave poorly in the last five minutes of the game? Definitely, but maybe it was the heat of the moment and she reacted poorly in a way she shouldn’t have. Let’s hope she grows from it and improves herself. She is still is a college kid, let’s not trash her too bad.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was J Young and while the elbow was out, she was going up for a shot so it wasn’t any kind of clear cut (cheap) shot or anything

Lawson commented along these lines
That's right. I remember Lawson's comment at the time. It didn't look that way during the game, to me, but I'll go back and take a look.

Reaction Score
Did Arike behave poorly in the last five minutes of the game? Definitely, but maybe it was the heat of the moment and she reacted poorly in a way she shouldn’t have. Let’s hope she grows from it and improves herself. She is still is a college kid, let’s not trash her too bad.
Or let’s hold her accountable for her repeated actions.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
That's right. I remember Lawson's comment at the time. It didn't look that way during the game, to me, but I'll go back and take a look.

I mean, if a player wants to give extra elbow on a shot (FG attempt) in tight quarters with ill intent, it can certainly be done without looking blatant but IMHO that wasn’t the case here

Reaction Score

Kid?! Puh-lease. She is a 21 year old woman, and her behavior was far from acceptable.

Reaction Score
Anyone see what she said or did? Looked at ND fan board where there are claims—no surprise—that Geno was baiting her. Really?

Baiting, shmaiting, what we DID see, was what I could only have hoped would happen, Arike, Maybry, taking the game on singlehandedly, hoisting shots when they should have been passing to open teammates. Panic set in at South Bend; the walkover the Irish thought would happen did not come to pass. The Huskies came to play, and delivered on a hostile court. The elbows were flying, just like Muffet's teams always do, trying to throw the Huskies to the floor. Glad we didn't get hurt more than Lou's shot to the mouth.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yeah I'd like to know more about that. ND fans saying Geno baited Arike, but apparently the announcers missed it because they, or the sideline reporter, should have been close enough to hear the exchange.
The announcers missed large portions of the game. i wish they would do the game, and not try to entertain each other. This trio together is lacking concentration. They only need two people with the microphones.

Reaction Score
One thing I always admired about Muffett is that she always seemed successful at instilling a warrior mentality in her players. But playing hard and hating losing is one thing. A lack of self-discipline and self-control is another thing entirely. Whether it's Arike, or Mabrey, it always seems one of them exhibits a fairly shocking failure of comportment that devolves into dirty and unsportsmanike play...which makes whipping their butts feel soooo much better!
...agree, Playing like warriors is different than cheap-shotting other players. My respect for Muffet and A.O. Is very low. I’m sure it doesn’t matter to ND fans. I wish they would just have a respect for the game. This has been going on for quite some time. Reflection of leadership is what we just saw today... the cheap shot by Arike that the refs missed was very bad.

Reaction Score
I think she pulled her after the Dangerfield foul.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Geno was talking to one of the refs. Arike was standing close to the ref and said something. The ref looked at her the T'ed her up.

The second T was when Arike threw an elbow or forearm at Crystal. That was actually the second time that happened. It happen before, in the 4th quarter, around the mid-court line. Arike decked Crystal and there was no whistle.

This type of behavior cannot be tolerated. ND has a long history of this when playing us. This one is now in Muffet's court - so to speak. She needs to clean-up her house. You can be competetive but you don't have to play dirty. This is a a clear indicator of Muffet's leadership. No respect from me for ND.

Reaction Score
Lawson said they were on the other side of the court. It looked like Geno was talking to the ref and Arike said something to Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom