April Transfer thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, players do actually leave the Iowa Hawkeyes program . . .

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Anyone got a quick summary about how she plays and her game?
Although Affolter is from Illinois, she has commuted to Iowa to play for the All Iowa Attack AAU club team of which Clark and a number of other past, present, and future Iowa players are alumni.

If you're interested, you can read discussion about Affolter and other Iowa recruits on the Iowa Board. (I've linked to the appropriate page of the appropriate thread.) I recommend the comments from a user named BraydonRoberts5. Also, if you're interested you can find her high school's full games on YouTube.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Although Affolter is from Illinois, she has commuted to Iowa to play for the All Iowa Attack AAU club team of which Clark and a number of other past, present, and future Iowa players are alumni.

If you're interested, you can read discussion about Affolter and other Iowa recruits on the Iowa Board. (I've linked to the appropriate page of the appropriate thread.) I recommend the comments from a user named BraydonRoberts5. Also, if you're interested you can find her high school's full games on YouTube.

Here's a Chicago Tribune article. She's a solid, all-round player and while this article does not dwell on the techncalities (see Undersized's suggestions for that), note how her coach says she'll do whatever is needed for the team. And the focus on rebounding, scrapping. That's what I've heard from Domer friends who have seen her play.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Cosgrove to St Johns
Interestingly, both Danielles, who initially went to Notre Dame, have ended up at St. John's

Dani Patterson is a Brooklyn native who went to HS in Queens. After ND and a two-year stint at Indiana (where she graduated), she's come home, too. Apparently, she's starting law school at SJU, so this all works.

Danielle Cosgrove is from Holtsville in Suffolk Country, which is further down the LIE (east) a bit, but not too far away for her parents to catch each game.

SJU was not good last year: 8-15 overall and 4-12 in the Big East. They kept opponents to 67.8 ppg, but only scored 63 ppg themselves. That was largely due to Qadashah Hoppie, their leading scorer, getting injured/opting out after 8 games. That was 18.0 ppg gone (To make matters worse, she transferred to Texas A&M, joining Jordan Nixon). Starting center Raven Farley had a year left, but graduated and left.

So there's opportunities, particularly at the center spot for Danielle Cosgrove.

And they'll join guard Leilani Correa, the junior guard from New Jersey who averaged 17.6 ppg and made Big East end-of-year teams. She's WNBA-level talent and I'm sure both Dani's know her from AAU days.

Good luck to them both, back on the Island (I'm a native LI'er and my dad got his masters from SJU, so I'm a bit biased!)

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
:eek: Ok now it's serious

Wow. Her finalists were Mississippi State, Ohio State, and South Carolina. Ohio State could be an option, especially with Dorka leaving for UCONN. I don't see Mississippi State happening with a different coaching staff, and South Carolina is overloaded with talent as is. Whoever lands her is hitting the jackpot.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
:eek: Ok now it's serious

Wuh-oh.
Coach Q might find himself the subject of another thread -- the coaching hot seat -- with this one.
At one point, someone could justify the massive flight of players to the portal as the turnover of a roster from the "old(er)" to the new/younger. Not any longer: Cardosos was the centerpiece of the new. :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would definitely want know, were I the AD, why an entire roster felt the need to transfer out of the university. The part of me that doesn't like what has happened with immediate eligibility and the portal says this is just how kids today behave but I would have to wonder what is going on to cause such an exodus.

Cardoso will be wanted by many but it wouldn't shock me to see her wind up with Vic at TX.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She is going to have to change her cell number soon.

Coaches are lining up like

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member