April Transfer thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Iowa State guard transfers to Iowa:

Iowa will have a lot of guards competing for time at the 2 and 3 positions next season. Marshall and Martin started last season with Taiwo and Meyer getting decent minutes off the bench. Now we add Feuerbach as a transfer with starting experience plus Sydney Affolter as a talented incoming freshman. Also--rising sophomore Lauren Jensen who looked promising at the beginning of last season but didn't crack the regular rotation.

It will be interesting to see who steps up!

Reaction Score
Iowa will have a lot of guards competing for time at the 2 and 3 positions next season. Marshall and Martin started last season with Taiwo and Meyer getting decent minutes off the bench. Now we add Feuerbach as a transfer with starting experience plus Sydney Affolter as a talented incoming freshman. Also--rising sophomore Lauren Jensen who looked promising at the beginning of last season but didn't crack the regular rotation.

As a Hawk fan, I agree it'll be interesting to see if the starting lineup remains the same and what the regular rotation looks like. I'm interested in seeing how the freshman will do.

Reaction Score

Yep! I think now Iowa can work Meyer exclusively as a backup PG instead of SG. Iowa plays a fast pace and can/should run a fairly deep rotation of players between the 2-4 positions next year, and they are adding some athleticism and ability off the bounce.

Reaction Score
As a Hawk fan, I agree it'll be interesting to see if the starting lineup remains the same and what the regular rotation looks like. I'm interested in seeing how the freshman will do.
Martin & Marshall were the most vulnerable in their starting spots but they both shot 40+% from three and were both great down the stretch and in the tournaments. I don't see any way the starting 5 isn't the same starting 5 that ended the year with how well they played.

Reaction Score
Martin & Marshall were the most vulnerable in their starting spots but they both shot 40+% from three and were both great down the stretch and in the tournaments. I don't see any way the starting 5 isn't the same starting 5 that ended the year with how well they played.
I just wonder if anyone works their way to a starting spot at some point during the season. The starters for the first few games will obviously be all 5 of the returning starters.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
I just wonder if anyone works their way to a starting spot at some point during the season. The starters for the first few games will obviously be all 5 of the returning starters.
Agreed. As a fan who just wants every player to succeed, you hate to see someone lose their starting spot. But of course the best players need to be on the floor as much as possible! Hopefully Bluder and company can help them develop good chemistry this offseason/preseason so that everyone can find a way to contribute. Whether that's as a starter, reserve, or competitive practice player.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was already posted, but St. Johns guard Qadashah Hoppie is transferrig to Texas A&M.

Reaction Score

That statement applies to a lot of other scenarios outside of sports too. Regardless, I had a friend that played ball at a military affiliated college. After the first year he was sure he made a mistake. He prepared a presentation and plan for going forward. He sat down with his dad and before he started talking his dad told him that if he was going to say anything but that he was going back for his sophomore year that he was wasting his breath. He folded up his presentation and ended up graduating from there. In hindsight he said he is so glad his dad made him stay.

Reaction Score
That statement applies to a lot of other scenarios outside of sports too. Regardless, I had a friend that played ball at a military affiliated college. After the first year he was sure he made a mistake. He prepared a presentation and plan for going forward. He sat down with his dad and before he started talking his dad told him that if he was going to say anything but that he was going back for his sophomore year that he was wasting his breath. He folded up his presentation and ended up graduating from there. In hindsight he said he is so glad his dad made him stay.
Sure, there are cases where kids should consult with their parents/friends/support. I'm sure they are already doing that and making decisions best for them - sometimes it's staying sometimes it's leaving.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
All these players leaving Rutgers, yet the administration "rewards" Stringer with a contract extension without much post-season success over the last several years. Wonder if they are even conducting exit interviews with these transfers . . .

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
All these players leaving Rutgers, yet the administration "rewards" Stringer with a contract extension without much post-season success over the last several years. Wonder if they are even conducting exit interviews with these transfers . . .
We have 4 outgoing transfers. 2 of which would have been gone anyways. I'm not saying that it isnt frustrating and kind of shocking. But into today's game it's not unusual.

The situations at Syracuse and Texas Tech are IMO more telling than what we're going through.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To tack on to the above, Colorado got a pair of UW transfers. Not what I would've guessed for their destination.

edit--both need to work on consistency, but could be big additions for CU
Ironic since both were contributors to knocking CU from NCAA to WNIT. CU lost three players to transfers but none of the three figured to get much court time. Definite upgrade, especially with Mya electing a fifth year and putting off WNBA.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
We have 4 outgoing transfers. 2 of which would have been gone anyways. I'm not saying that it isnt frustrating and kind of shocking. But into game it's not unusual.

The situations at Syracuse and Texas Tech are IMO more telling than what we're going through.
But, did either Syracuse or Texas Tech just reward their head coach with a contract extension or raise?

Texas Tech is barely like 9 months into their new head coaching hire; so, large turnover isn't necessarily unexpected. For a tenured coach like Stringer, either have some success in the post-season, or don't lose your best players. Suffering through both occurrences isn't worthy of a contract extension, IMO, no matter what you acccomplished 10-15 years ago.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
As far as Endyia Rogers, i still haven't seen anything out on social media confirming that she has entered the transfer portal. But, she did remove "usc basketball" from her twitter page, but not her USC photos.

Reaction Score
Thinking about new transfer rule, I might consider a couple of amendments. You are free to transfer and play immediately, no questions asked, after your freshman year. This for players who realize they made the wrong choice. The other no wait option would be allowed under a coaching change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom