April Transfer thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oregons Graves:

Oregon had a larger roster of 13 players this season and is in line to have 11 players next season, and Kelly Graves is comfortable with that.

In fact, the Ducks women’s basketball coach is more at ease with a shorter bench and not particularly inclined to pursue additions to a roster that’s still overwhelmingly underclassmen.

“I like what I have,” Graves said. “I’ve always enjoyed a smaller roster. I think everybody feels more engaged.

“We do have a few but yeah, not saying that our team is perfect, but I like the group and the makeup and if I start adding players, then am I not in the same position that I was last year: lots of players, not enough playing time, kids are unhappy, returners who were keys in the years before aren’t getting as much and now they want to leave. Our Final Four team we had 10 players and we lost Nyara before the season, so we really only had nine for the entire season and we know how that worked out. I think sometimes a smaller roster is better, more conducive to team chemistry.”

Reaction Score
This may have been posted earlier but Malea Williams (6-4 from Scott County, Kentucky) is moving from Louisville to Cincinnati.

This is a nice pickup by Michelle Clark-Heard. Williams should make some noise in a year or so.

Reaction Score
186 P5 players transferring
  • 42 to P5
  • 57 to nonP5
  • 87 undecided

also 30 NonP5->p5

Reaction Score
Not shocking TBH.
I expect more to land there. Had Auburn hired her earlier she probably would’ve picked up all the Miss St transfers that have already committed

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Xaria Wiggins lands at Auburn

It was reported she was kicked off the team. I highly doubt she wasn't good enough for MSU. I just think she's going back to her rightful place.... with an actual coach.

Reaction Score
Nice grab. Her and Honest Scott Grayson will be a good duo.

Am I missing something? In 11 games this year she averaged 2 points a game and only made 33 percent of her shots?
Last year 4 points per game, 38 percent of her shots? What makes this good?

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? In 11 games this year she averaged 2 points a game and only made 33 percent of her shots?
Last year 4 points per game, 38 percent of her shots? What makes this good?
She was out for a while sick. She is talented though and Auburn needs talent.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
To tack on to the above, Colorado got a pair of UW transfers. Not what I would've guessed for their destination.

edit--both need to work on consistency, but could be big additions for CU

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Endyia Rogers is leaving Southern Cal. She is a pretty solid PG.
Wow, that's a big one. USC has been recruiting talented players, but I don't know who they have that can replace what she brought to the team.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's a big one. USC has been recruiting talented players, but I don't know who they have that can replace what she brought to the team.

Her finalists out of high school, which oddly is still her pinned tweet on twitter, included Texas, Tennessee, Ohio State, and Mississippi State -- all of which might be able to use her. Of these, Texas seems closest to home (though not sure if that's relevant).

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Endyia Rogers is leaving Southern Cal. She is a pretty solid PG.
Where did you see this?

I had a feeling she'd be one of many Texans who left the state to possibly transfer closer to home!

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Her finalists out of high school, which oddly is still her pinned tweet on twitter, included Texas, Tennessee, Ohio State, and Mississippi State -- all of which might be able to use her. Of these, Texas seems closest to home (though not sure if that's relevant).
Not that it means a lot, but she's "liked" a lot of Longhorns-related tweets on twitter the last several weeks. Obviously, she is somewhat familiar with UT, as well as Vic and his coaching staff.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
There had been a lot of rumors of Jordan Lewis (Alabama transfer) heading down to Waco. Not sure if they would take Rogers though
I thought both Chrislynn Carr and Kamaria McDaniel were possible options to play PG at Baylor next season, as is Jaden Owens if she stays. Then, of course, there's current freshman, Sarah Andrews.

Reaction Score
There had been a lot of rumors of Jordan Lewis (Alabama transfer) heading down to Waco. Not sure if they would take Rogers though
If her Boyfriend did transfer to Jackson state, maybe she will pick Ole Miss or Mississippi St.

Reaction Score
I thought both Chrislynn Carr and Kamaria McDaniel were possible options to play PG at Baylor next season, as is Jaden Owens if she stays. Then, of course, there's current freshman, Sarah Andrews.
I think they probably add someone from the portal if Moon isn't coming back. would make more sense to bring her in if she does leave. Andrews will have a strong career IMO but I don't know if she is ready for the PG spot. She looks much better off the ball. Then again its hard to judge because she didn't really work her there much last year.

I do like Owens though. She looked so promising in the Iowa St game but was rarely seen again. Coming off the bench for a few minutes in blow out wins isn't gonna develop her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom