AP Top 25 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am not a fan of UCLA or a PAC-12 fanatic but seeing that they are still undefeated, why haven't the Bruins risen in the polls more???
Just curious...

I am also surprised that the #1 votes between SC and Baylor were not closer. I expected that it would be 1 of these 2 teams this week, so...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know how the Boneyard poll turned out but I voted UCLA #1. They are the only undefeated team and I thought that meant something. I will drop them when they finally loses a game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am not a fan of UCLA or a PAC-12 fanatic but seeing that they are still undefeated, why haven't the Bruins risen in the polls more???
Just curious...

I am also surprised that the #1 votes between SC and Baylor were not closer. I expected that it would be 1 of these 2 teams this week, so...
UCLA has had exactly 1 good road game against Indiana. They have played the majority of their games at home. That changes in two weeks at the Arizona schools. Good team, more like 11-15 range than a top 10 IMO.
As @Mulder said, who the heck voted for Louisville as #1? I thought the prerequisite to vote was you should actually be watching the games and know something about it. I mean look at their last 6 games: 2OT to beat Tenn Martin, barely beat Syracuse at home, blew out Clemson (as they should), barely beat Duke at home and should have lost! Blew out Miami without Mompremier, beat Wake at home.
Not worthy of any #1 votes.
Why is Tenn still in the top 25? Why is Arkansas still in the top 25?
Why isn’t Iowa with 3 losses and a victory over Maryland last week ahead of them in the polls?
Stanford finally has a plateful with games at both Oregon schools coming up.

Reaction Score
The voters who put Louisville number 1 should be stripped of their ballots. I can't think of a justification for that vote, especially with Oregon losing another game.
I’m pretty sure it was Debbie antonelli

Reaction Score
UCLA has had exactly 1 good road game against Indiana. They have played the majority of their games at home. That changes in two weeks at the Arizona schools. Good team, more like 11-15 range than a top 10 IMO.
As @Mulder said, who the heck voted for Louisville as #1? I thought the prerequisite to vote was you should actually be watching the games and know something about it. I mean look at their last 6 games: 2OT to beat Tenn Martin, barely beat Syracuse at home, blew out Clemson (as they should), barely beat Duke at home and should have lost! Blew out Miami without Mompremier, beat Wake at home.
Not worthy of any #1 votes.
Why is Tenn still in the top 25? Why is Arkansas still in the top 25?
Why isn’t Iowa with 3 losses and a victory over Maryland last week ahead of them in the polls?
Stanford finally has a plateful with games at both Oregon schools coming up.
I’m pretty sure it was Debbie who voted Louisville number 1

Reaction Score
I did my first ballot this week and had UCLA 3rd.

They lack the win over a "contender" but winning at Indiana, at Georgia, at UVA, and at Colorado are good wins as is beating the Arizona teams at home.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how NC State only moved down one spot. Also don't understand how Mississippi State and Kentucky move up 3 spots and DePaul only moves up 1 spot. DePaul beat much better teams this past week.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Its called being in a P5 Conference gets you more respect from Voters.

I don't understand how NC State only moved down one spot. Also don't understand how Mississippi State and Kentucky move up 3 spots and DePaul only moves up 1 spot. DePaul beat much better teams this past week.

Reaction Score
Its called being in a P5 Conference gets you more respect from Voters.
But it shouldn't. Lol. We have better wins and our losses are equal to Kentucky. Our losses aren't as bad as MSU.

But I wasn't really griping about that. I feel if you're gonna bump them up 3 spots, DePaul deserved that as well. We were within 75 points of both the previous week and somehow they gained more points on us even though we had better wins.

Reaction Score
Full Poll and Includes how the Voters Voted. South Carolina new No. 1 in women's Top 25 after 1-2-3 lost

Many Voted UConn 3rd, but a couple voted UConn 8th and there were some that voted UConn 6th and 7th.
I'm gonna need Ryan Thorburn to justify having both Louisville and Stanford above Baylor and South Carolina. He writes from Oregon, so obviously an Oregon/Pac 12 homer, but there is no justification for that ballot. Baylor and South Carolina each have better wins than Louisville and Stanford, and both have better losses. They both also have close calls against legitimately awful teams.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Full Poll and Includes how the Voters Voted. South Carolina new No. 1 in women's Top 25 after 1-2-3 lost

Many Voted UConn 3rd, but a couple voted UConn 8th and there were some that voted UConn 6th and 7th.
THanks for sending this, kudos to you!
So besides Deb “I love the ACC above all other logic” Antonelli, the other chucklehead that voted for Louisville was Ryan Thorburn, who just happens to be a Eugene Oregon writer and who did Louisville beat back in Nov? That’s right Oregon so his vote is self serving. Aaaarrrrggghhhh!
No other voter had Louisville higher than 4 and most had them in the 6-8 range.
Why is Tenn getting so much love from these people? I always do the relative test of the teams ahead of them and right behind them. With so many people actually voting Tenn in the top 20, I am dumbfounded. I would take Northwestern, SD and Princeton over Arkansas and Tenn, At least we get to see Ark-Tenn battle at some point to prove my point.
Who has Antonelli’s twitter feed so I can chastise her on her illogic?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
THanks for sending this, kudos to you!
So besides Deb “I love the ACC above all other logic” Antonelli, the other chucklehead that voted for Louisville was Ryan Thorburn, who just happens to be a Eugene Oregon writer and who did Louisville beat back in Nov? That’s right Oregon so his vote is self serving. Aaaarrrrggghhhh!
No other voter had Louisville higher than 4 and most had them in the 6-8 range.
Why is Tenn getting so much love from these people? I always do the relative test of the teams ahead of them and right behind them. With so many people actually voting Tenn in the top 20, I am dumbfounded. I would take Northwestern, SD and Princeton over Arkansas and Tenn, At least we get to see Ark-Tenn battle at some point to prove my point.
Who has Antonelli’s twitter feed so I can chastise her on her illogic?
I concur about Deb loving the ACC but I thought that her heart throb was SC, as she seemed to profess during their NC season, so I am shocked that she keeps voting for Louisville over SC.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

"Despite having the most wins in @ncaaWBB, we've dropped out of the USA Today Coaches Poll to make room for more non mid-majors," FGCU women's basketball posted on its Twitter account. "And we're not the only ones as Princeton felt the wrath, as well."

Reaction Score
Surprised Kentucky only dropped one spot but I guess voters saw a 6 point loss on the road shooting just over 20% for the game.

Reaction Score
Lots of movement this week!

UCLA down 3 to #10
DePaul up 3 to #11
Gonzaga up 3 to #13
Texas A&M down 3 to #15
ASU up 2 to #16
Arizona up 3 to #18
Iowa up 3 to #19

And Louisville still gets their 2 first place votes #$%&$#???

Plebe

Reaction Score
Depaul is overranked
Well unfortunately teams like Miami and Notre Dame which started the season ahead of DePaul have gone and made a mess of their season.

And DePaul, meanwhile ... all they've done is win :)

chair dance 2.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well unfortunately teams like Miami and Notre Dame which started the season ahead of DePaul have gone and made a mess of their season.

And DePaul, meanwhile ... all they've done is win :)

View attachment 50088

I will withhold comment, I dont want to come across as anti-Depaul or anti-Big East :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I will withhold comment, I dont want to come across as anti-Depaul or anti-Big East :rolleyes:
Ha too late buddy, that cat's outta the bag

Plebe

Reaction Score
Believe it or not a Depaul Season Ticket Banner Ad popped up on the top of my page a few moments ago...... :mad: It has appeared every so often for the past few months.
Lol I love it. Google sometimes gets it wrong. Let me help them out.

"Hey Google. Please whatever you do, do not send @triaddukefan any more DePaul related ads!" There's that should do it.

1579548583442.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom