AP Top 25 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Surprised Kentucky only dropped one spot but I guess voters saw a 6 point loss on the road shooting just over 20% for the game.
I guess they have benefited from losses by other teams in that vicinity, e.g. TAMU, Florida State, Maryland. I still think they are too high, but then again I've thought that all season.

Reaction Score
I guess they have benefited from losses by other teams in that vicinity, e.g. TAMU, Florida State, Maryland. I still think they are too high, but then again I've thought that all season.

Prob works out better for us this upcoming game vs Tennessee. Every time we break the top 25 we seem to always lose it seems lol

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lol I love it. Google sometimes gets it wrong. Let me help them out.

"Hey Google. Please whatever you do, do not send @triaddukefan any more DePaul related ads!" There's that should do it.

View attachment 50092

Guess i should extend my rant...... I also get this on this site..... every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY Head bang

160x600.jpg

Plebe

Reaction Score
Guess i should extend my rant...... I also get this on this site..... every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY Head bang
Hahahaha ... okay now we know that someone at Google is reading the Boneyard and trolling the hell out of you :D

Reaction Score
So twice this afternoon I was driving around and ESPN Radio’s SportsCenter announced that Baylor is #1 in the new AP poll. Both times I checked and confirmed that SC is #1. So I was going to post here and ask if I’m confused or what.

So - just in case - I checked the men’s poll. Duhh. Should have known better than to believe I was hearing anything about WBB on the radio in Phoenix - ha!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

160x600.jpg
I keep getting men’s underwear ads for boxer brief looking things and trump supporter ads. I’m a non-political younger divorced female who is a crazy cat lady.....

Reaction Score

ORST drops 3 to #10
MD up 3 to #17
ASU down 3 to #19
IND down 3 to #20
MOST rejoins at #24
ARK drops 4 to #25

WVU drops off Top 25
Hmm... You didn't mention UConn dropping to #4 and getting passed for #3 by Oregon. (Do you see us ever losing to ASU??)

And of course Louisville still gets a first place vote... :rolleyes:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Hmm... You didn't mention UConn dropping to #4 and getting passed for #3 by Oregon. (Do you see us ever losing to ASU??)

Oregon has three top ten wins over the past ten days. UCONN is 0-1 vs top ten teams so far this year. The Ducks deserve to be ahead at this point.

Plebe

Reaction Score

ORST drops 3 to #10
MD up 3 to #17
ASU down 3 to #19
IND down 3 to #20
MOST rejoins at #24
ARK drops 4 to #25

WVU drops off Top 25
Arkansas is like teflon this year. They've lost to Cal and Georgia and haven't beaten anyone, and yet somehow are still ranked at end of January.

Reaction Score
Oregon has three top ten wins over the past ten days. UCONN is 0-1 vs top ten teams so far this year. The Ducks deserve to be ahead at this point.
No argument - Oregon is badass. They shouldn’t have lost to ASU though, and Oregon State doesn’t belong in the top 10 anyway. At least UCONN has no < top 10 losses.

(I had Oregon 3 and UConn 4 on my BY25 ballot this morning, but could see it either way - just sayin’)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A few things I noted. Agreed Oregon St. does not belong in the Top 10 at this point. Pains me to say it, but you can't lose 4 out of 5 and still be ranked that high. Doesn't even matter who they lost to. You have to win some games.

Maryland jumping Iowa is dumb. Iowa is all alone in first place in the Big 10 and beat Maryland a couple weeks ago. Nonsensical.

Tennessee got destroyed in the 2nd half against UConn and had narrow victories over Alabama and LSU at home, not sure how that equates to moving up in the poll.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

UCONN's best two wins are DePaul and Tennessee.

They've looked vulnerable all season long.

I have it:

1. South Carolina
2. Baylor
3. Louisville
4. Oregon
5. UCONN
6. NC State
7. Oregon State
8. Stanford
9. Miss State
10. UCLA

If you take resume out of it, I'd probably make South Carolina, Baylor, Oregon the top 3 in some order.

I haven't seen enough of Louisville.

We'll have a really good idea about UCONN in two weeks or so.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Deb @#@#$%$%^^& Antonelli!!! Head bang

Unfortunately Louisville only has 3 games of significance left to expose them before the ACC tournament. 2/6 vs. FSU (come on @Crazyhorse I am rooting for you) 2/13 at NC State (come on @LETTERL as I said, I want NC State to win the ACC this year!, make me true believer!) and 3/1 vs. VPI.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
UCONN's best two wins are DePaul Notre Dame and Tennessee.
There, I fixed it for you! From an RPI or Massey ranking, DePaul was a good win but don't underestimate the dislike of MM on this board...:D

Reaction Score
A few things I noted. Agreed Oregon St. does not belong in the Top 10 at this point. Pains me to say it, but you can't lose 4 out of 5 and still be ranked that high. Doesn't even matter who they lost to. You have to win some games.

Maryland jumping Iowa is dumb. Iowa is all alone in the first place in the Big 10 and beat Maryland a couple weeks ago. Nonsensical.

Tennessee got destroyed in the 2nd half against UConn and had narrow victories over Alabama and LSU at home, not sure how that equates to moving up in the poll.

I maybe have Oregon State way too high at 7, but I just can't give them too many demerits for losing to Oregon and Stanford close. I thought they looked the part of a strong team vs Oregon.

I'm not sure that I see much separation between 5-12. If I wasn't worried about being a homer, I'd probably have Miss State higher.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Maryland jumping Iowa is dumb. Iowa is all alone in the first place in the Big 10 and beat Maryland a couple weeks ago. Nonsensical.

Wins are wins. Tennessee jumped from 23 to 22...not exactly a meaningful jump. Has more to do with Arkansas losing than anything else.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
UCONN's best two wins are DePaul and Tennessee.

They've looked vulnerable all season long.

I have it:

1. South Carolina
2. Baylor
3. Louisville
4. Oregon
5. UCONN
6. NC State
7. Oregon State
8. Stanford
9. Miss State
10. UCLA

If you take resume out of it, I'd probably make South Carolina, Baylor, Oregon the top 3 in some order.

I haven't seen enough of Louisville.

We'll have a really good idea about UCONN in two weeks or so.

Louisville also has looked vulnerable during stretches this year. I'd put them at 5 after Oregon and UCONN. And how do you put Stanford behind OSU when they just beat them in Corvallis?

Reaction Score
Arkansas is like teflon this year. They've lost to Cal and Georgia and haven't beaten anyone, and yet somehow are still ranked at end of January.

I've got them 25th. It's not really clear to me who to put above them.

Looking at Massey, I guess the options would be:

Florida Gulf Coast, West Virginia, Missouri State, Rutgers, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, LSU, maybe Texas?

Just not any particularly appetizing choices there.

I've got Arky at the end there as a personal preference place holder. I like their big three.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I've got them 25th. It's not really clear to me who to put above them.

Looking at Massey, I guess the options would be:

Florida Gulf Coast, West Virginia, Missouri State, Rutgers, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, LSU, maybe Texas?

Just not any particularly appetizing choices there.

I've got Arky at the end there as a personal preference place holder. I like their big three.
Just speaking for myself: Especially by this time of the season, I'm expecting teams to have *something* on the resume to prove they're deserving of a ranking. Arkansas has zero good wins to counterbalance their bad losses, and their ranking seems to be persisting on the fumes from last year's SEC tournament. The other teams at least have wins over the top 50, and/or they don't have bad losses.

I agree that the alternatives aren't extremely appealing, but I'd for sure take FGCU and Missouri State over Arkansas. FGCU has no bad losses at all. Missouri State has one bad loss to Southern Illinois, but frankly that's not as bad as a Cal loss per the metrics, plus Missouri State actually has good wins.

Reaction Score
Louisville also has looked vulnerable during stretches this year. I'd put them at 5 after Oregon and UCONN. And how do you put Stanford behind OSU when they just beat them in Corvallis?

i try to be resume based, and I think I've probably got Oregon State wrong.

I have South Carolina over Baylor due to the head to head.

Then the next three are Louisville, Oregon and UConn.

I think Oregon probably on strength belongs more with South Carolina and Baylor, but facts remains they have two losses and one of them is a head to head with Louisville, which for Louisville is a better win than anything UCONN has going for it at the moment.

on reflection, if we had a revote from what I did this morning, I'd drop Oregon State to somewhere between 9-13 or so. While I don't think losing to Oregon twice is any more significant than just losing once, I should honor the head to head vs Stanford and weigh four overall losses a little more against them if I'm resume based.

That was more careless than intentioned, I think.

Reaction Score
Just speaking for myself: Especially by this time of the season, I'm expecting teams to have *something* on the resume to prove they're deserving of a ranking. Arkansas has zero good wins to counterbalance their bad losses, and their ranking seems to be persisting on the fumes from last year's SEC tournament. The other teams at least have wins over the top 50, and/or they don't have bad losses.

I agree that the alternatives aren't extremely appealing, but I'd for sure take FGCU and Missouri State over Arkansas. FGCU has no bad losses at all. Missouri State has one bad loss to Southern Illinois, but frankly that's not as bad as a Cal loss per the metrics, plus Missouri State actually has good wins.

I see the argument.

Missouri State would sit with me better that FGC. If they had not lost this week as well, I'd have probably had them 25.

I have not as much sympathy for FGC, who has not beaten anyone and has lost at LSU and Princeton. Nothing to be ashamed of exactly, but not exactly making the best of opportunity.

I just know that Arkansas has three high level offensive players that I've seen.

I don't claim it's a completely informed view. I should probably make time to watch Missouri State. That might help me.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

They must be playing the Sweet 16 in Vegas.

Plebe

Reaction Score
They must be playing the Sweet 16 in Vegas.
I seriously think Debbie is trying to kiss up to Walz because -- as she couldn't stop blabbering about on one of her broadcasts -- he is slated to join the NCAA rules committee after this season (?). She of course has an entire agenda of rule changes she wants to push through, pushy person she is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom