AP Top 25 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25

Reaction Score
Indiana jumps 3 spots by beating Nicholls leading Arkansas to get the rare "win by 30 but get a worse ranking". :eek:

Reaction Score
Apparently the voters didn't see the Cal game. :oops:
I doubt voters watch very many games period. They may have watched the Cal game but probably didn't know that Cal was expected to finish at #11 in the Pac 12. Most of them just vote based on last year's standings.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Drake doesn’t make it in after some of the more impressive wins this season over traditionally strong programs in Iowa State and South Dakota State. That’s unfortunate.

Missouri St. barely receiving votes after beating ranked Minnesota and what should be a good Boise St. team. No love for the MVC.

Reaction Score
I’m just happy that USF is ranked so it boosters baylor’s Resume a little.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Looks I win this week, Plebe.

Not only do we play 7 Top 25 teams, but now we play 8 with West Virginia squeezing into the top 25.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Not only do we play 7 Top 25 teams, but now we play 8 with West Virginia squeezing into the top 25.
Nothing earns respect quite like loading up on teams in the 20-25 range.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
There was a similar topic in the UConn WBB side. I again ask, Where is Arizona?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

What? Considering you have to play 5 of those teams because they are in your conference, my question is if you’re such an elite program, why is your wimp of a coach playing #172,#166,#240,#126,#249,#133,#261 and #136 in your OOC? Pathetic is what it is, pathetic!

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
What? Considering you have to play 5 of those teams because they are in your conference, my question is if you’re such an elite program, why is your wimp of a coach playing #172,#166,#240,#126,#249,#133,#261 and #136 in your OOC? Pathetic is what it is, pathetic!

Dude what's with the elitism man? Did I step on your foot this morning or something? I'm far from attached to the idea that we're an "elite." You can perceive us as elite if you want though.... my mind isn't thinking that.

What? Considering you have to play 5 of those teams because they are in your conference

I don't understand this argument. If you take away the Pac-12's conference games this year, their nonconference schedules for the most part don't stand out. Of course conference games count even if "our wimp of a coach" didn't go out and schedule them. We have 3 top 25 nonconference opponents. 3 or 4 is the norm for most top 10 programs, even if we do play lots of teams that are bad - but who cares?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Haha, it's death then taxes then USF's top 25 ranking. You cannot get away from it.

They gotta do more than beat a underachieving Texas team for me to put them in my poll
33.gif

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't understand this argument. If you take away the Pac-12's conference games this year, their nonconference schedules for the most part don't stand out. Of course conference games count even if "our wimp of a coach" didn't go out and schedule them. We have 3 top 25 nonconference opponents. 3 or 4 is the norm for most top 10 programs, even if we do play lots of teams that are bad - but who cares?
You're really trying to make hay this week when two of MSU's nonconference opponents hold very tenuous positions in the bottom rungs of the poll. Doubtful that USF and WV will be there at season's end.

Just give it up and embrace the fact that your coach is a soft scheduler.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
You're really trying to make hay this week when two of MSU's nonconference opponents hold very tenuous positions in the bottom rungs of the poll. Doubtful that USF and WV will be there at season's end.

Just give it up and embrace the fact that your coach is a soft scheduler.

I'm just saying we have lots of room to make up ground. We're gonna start with a bad RPI, but we'll surely start to raise is slowly - that's always been the case for our team. We also have the SEC tournament. Playing 3 mediocre teams in the SEC tournament is not the norm - last year was an exception. I doubt you'll ever see that again. It's quite likely we'll collect 2 more top 25 wins in the SEC tourney.

It is doubtful that USF and WV will be there by year's end, but there's a lot of teams that are doubtful to still remain by year's end. Depaul, Michigan, Miami, Syracuse, i.e. are some good bets there, imo.

But once again, you completely miss my point and your snide wit never misses a second.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom