AP Top 25 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I seriously think Debbie is trying to kiss up to Walz because -- as she couldn't stop blabbering about on one of her broadcasts -- he is slated to join the NCAA rules committee after this season (?). She of course has an entire agenda of rule changes she wants to push through, pushy person she is.
By Plebe, I think you've got it!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see the argument.

Missouri State would sit with me better that FGC. If they had not lost this week as well, I'd have probably had them 25.

I have not as much sympathy for FGC, who has not beaten anyone and has lost at LSU and Princeton. Nothing to be ashamed of exactly, but not exactly making the best of opportunity.

I just know that Arkansas has three high level offensive players that I've seen.

I don't claim it's a completely informed view. I should probably make time to watch Missouri State. That might help me.

A Talented ND team, Temple, UCF... and They routed Duke.. although Duke was missing its most talented player ,

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I have not as much sympathy for FGC, who has not beaten anyone and has lost at LSU and Princeton. Nothing to be ashamed of exactly, but not exactly making the best of opportunity.
But you can easily make the same point about Arkansas squandering their opportunities ... plus Arkansas has bad losses that FGCU doesn't.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well they are a ACC Tournament team :p
... and a Cancun tournament team! They were only 2 games from a perfect record in that tournament :D

Reaction Score
Arkansas lost by only 9 pts at SC.

If it wasn’t for the Georgia loss, Arkansas would have 6 victories in a row in conference. Doesn’t seem all that bad to me, but we’ll see how they’ll do at home against SC in their next game. A respectable loss should keep them in the Top 25. A win will have them bolting up.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Let me add to your list, "They're in the SEC"

If another team from the SEC should be included, I would opt for LSU over Arkansas.
Kentucky is another SEC team that is grossly overranked, and has been all season.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Arkansas lost by only 9 pts at SC.

If it wasn’t for the Georgia loss, Arkansas would have 6 victories in a row in conference. Doesn’t seem all that bad to me, but we’ll see how they’ll do at home against SC in their next game. A respectable loss should keep them in the Top 25. A win will have them bolting up.
This is the problem with just browsing the final scores. South Carolina completely dominated this game: led by 18 in the 1st quarter, by 21 in both the 2nd and 3rd quarters, and still led by 15 with 4:20 to play. A scoring flurry to make the final MOV slightly more respectable isn't all that impressive to me.

If we're going to rank teams just for a single "respectable loss," let's put Cal Baptist in the top 25 for playing a truly close game against Stanford.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This is the problem with just browsing the final scores. South Carolina completely dominated this game: led by 18 in the 1st quarter, by 21 in both the 2nd and 3rd quarters, and still led by 15 with 4:20 to play. A scoring flurry to make the final MOV slightly more respectable isn't all that impressive to me.

If we're going to rank teams just for a single "respectable loss," let's put Cal Baptist in the top 25 for playing a truly close game against Stanford.

You beat me to this post.. but that's okay because you said it better than I could've anyway.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You beat me to this post.. but that's okay because you said it better than I could've anyway.
What are you doing? His avatar already has a big enough head to begin with...no more compliments for @Plebe ..smh

Plebe

Reaction Score
What are you doing? His avatar already has a big enough head to begin with...no more compliments for @Plebe ..smh
Hey there buddy -- I've made enough enemies (frenemies?) among the various fan bases as it is. I need all the votes of confidence I can get :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wonder how many rows we fall? And maybe OU will get at least a few 1st place votes?

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Wonder how many rows we fall? And maybe OU will get at least a few 1st place votes?
Doesn't really matter. Our true position will be determined after next Monday's game. A win could keep us in the top 7, maybe, a loss, staying in the top 10 might be a stretch, sadly.

Reaction Score

Oregon is the only team I've seen this year that really has impressed me as a great team.

I suspect like Baylor they will get a UCONN bounce.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Falling out of the top 10 is not a reality. We match up much better against SC than we did against Baylor or the savvy Oregon team who have 3 really good players that have played for 3 or 4 years together full time. SC and UConn have so many younger players that it can look ugly at times when all is not going well. Maybe the away game at Colonial Life will be the jolt we need. That said, SC is a very good team and if we don't play well, it brings into question their ranking vs. UCLA, Oregon State, NC State and Mississippi State.
To me, the upcoming conference games for UCLA (Stanford, Ore, OSU), NC State (VPI, Louisville), OSU (Arizona, ASU, Stanford, UCLA) and Miss St (Tenn, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Arkansas) will demonstrate most, if not all these teams with bigger gaps in their play than UConn.
This is still an elite top 6/7 list and then a group of 6/7 more after that.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oklahoma won't be getting any 1st place votes unless it's a vote of who's the most overpaid public employee in the state of Oklahoma. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oklahoma won't be getting any 1st place votes unless it's a vote of who's the most overpaid public employee in the state of Oklahoma. :)

Yes. Yes. Already reprimanded. :oops::oops:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Ok, before the weekend games, let's reset:
Will the voters actually review the games this week and realize that Tenn and Arkansas do not belong in the top 25 despite losing to team in the top 10? Will they also realize even with Elizabeth Balogun, Louisville is in the 6-8 range? Will Northwestern get some love this week?
For the weekend carnage, I think ASU is in trouble, 2 more losses coming courtesy of their visit to the Northwest and they should drop out of top 25 discussion (8 losses). Arizona will also encounter 2 losses but should stay in the top 25. Kentucky without Howard, is in for a battle with Arkansas.

My point in all this is to see FGCU and Princeton earn their way into the voters consciousness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom