AP Top 25 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Glad to see The Texas Longhorns join the list at 25.

After the 2nd week in January, The Baylor Lady Bears will sit atop the ranking at Number One.

Reaction Score

After the 2nd week in January, The Baylor Lady Bears will sit atop the ranking at Number One.
If Baylor dominates UConn at Storrs, Baylor could end up #1. If Baylor escapes by a thin margin, and the teams in front of Baylor currently don't lose, then I think Baylor will still not be #1. I do believe much will change between now and January 10, and, the reshuffling in the TOP 10 shall continue.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

So, they're going to jump the team that beat them?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Perhaps he meant the top of the Big 12?
He put "Number One" in capital letters, so maybe he was referring to the name of a popular diner in Waco?

Plebe

Reaction Score
dropped just 3 with a 22 point loss...and at Fort Worth.
Which of the teams currently ranked below them have they lost to?

Reaction Score
Which of the teams currently ranked below them have they lost to?

How many teams that have not defeated three ranked teams are ranked above FSU?

Plebe

Reaction Score
How many teams that have not defeated three ranked teams are ranked above FSU?
Yawn. So they avoided losing to Michigan and Michigan State, neither of whom should be ranked to begin with. Send them a muffin basket.

Reaction Score
Yawn? ...they also beat the Aggies by 22...are 12-0....

Yep...and UConn beat DePaul...

I get it that you are antagonistic....just can't figure why.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Until they lose, I like Oregon State....they beat Depaul by 22, beat, Miami by 22....and have won by double digits in all of their games.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Have you looked at Oregon St's schedule and have seen the CUPCAKES they have beaten. Most of the teams have sub 200 RPI. Yes, Oregon St is a good, possibly great team, but why play that schedule. It doesn't prepare them for the Tough PAC 12 Conference Play. 2019-20 Women's Basketball Schedule - Oregon State University Athletics Oregon St is not alone, look at Arizona and Colorado's schedule for PAC 12 teams. Too many teams in P5 Conferences play Pathetic OOC Schedule.

UConn besides DePaul hasnt played their Ranked teams yet. However UConn's schedule is so far superior to Oregon ST and most other Top 10 Teams. Lets not forget this is a down year for Notre Dame, otherwise they're usually in the Top 5. Can't blame that one on Geno and UConn.

Until they lose, I like Oregon State....they beat Depaul by 22, beat, Miami by 22....and have won by double digits in all of their games.

Reaction Score
Have you looked at Oregon St's schedule and have seen the CUPCAKES they have beaten. Most of the teams have sub 200 RPI. Yes, Oregon St is a good, possibly great team, but why play that schedule. It doesn't prepare them for the Tough PAC 12 Conference Play. 2019-20 Women's Basketball Schedule - Oregon State University Athletics Oregon St is not alone, look at Arizona and Colorado's schedule for PAC 12 teams. Too many teams in P5 Conferences play Pathetic OOC Schedule.

UConn besides DePaul hasnt played their Ranked teams yet. However UConn's schedule is so far superior to Oregon ST and most other Top 10 Teams. Lets not forget this is a down year for Notre Dame, otherwise they're usually in the Top 5. Can't blame that one on Geno and UConn.
How do you come up with UConn's schedule is far superior to OSU's schedule? OSU has to play Stanford and Oregon twice, UCLA once, AZ and ASU twice. UConn plays South Carolina, Oregon, and Baylor. And UConn plays in the AAC conference. Not saying OSU's schedule is superior to UConn's but I am saying UConn's schedule is not superior to OSU's schedule.

Reaction Score
"UConn besides DePaul hasnt played their Ranked teams yet. "

That's right. UConn is currently ranked high based on the potential of their stars.

Potential, reputation, coaching...that all played in, I think, to the Huskies current rating.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yawn? ...they also beat the Aggies by 22...are 12-0....

Yep...and UConn beat DePaul...

I get it that you are antagonistic....just can't figure why.
Just some friendly banter; no antagonism felt or intended.

For the record, FSU rose from #12 to #8 after beating TAMU, and TAMU fell from #6 to #12. You seem to feel that Florida State should have risen higher, or that TAMU should have fallen lower (or perhaps both?) and that's fine and good, but those poll movements are within typical ranges following a relatively mild upset (#12 beating #6 on a neutral court).

FWIW, Florida State is currently #9 in Massey and TAMU is #16.

Reaction Score
The polls this early are popularity contests...UConn's #1 is not based on their record to date....beating DePaul.

It is what it is.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Everybody, but an Oregon St fan knew I was writing about comparing Oregon St's OOC Schedule compared to UConn's OOC. There is no comparison, the Games UConn played TO Date are far Superior to Oregon St's Games played To Date. I can say with full confidence that Geno and UConn would never schedule most of the teams that are on Oregon St's OOC Schedule this year. I'm surprised he doesn't schedule a game against his former school George Fox. Why not schedule Gonzaga on an annual basis? Nine Years at Oregon St and hasn't scheduled a game against a Quality Mid Major in the State of Washington. Games between Oregon, Oregon St and Gonzaga plus another quality P5 School would make a great Thanksgiving or Christmas tournament. BTW, I'm talking about Oregon ST and Oregon would play against Gonzaga and the invited ELITE P5 School. Oregon St and Oregon would not play each other, unless the PAC 12 would approve it. Rotate it between the schools each year. Scott Rueck is well entrenched at Oregon ST and there's no reason to schedule most of the OOC Games he schedules. Yes, to clarify I understand the PAC 12 is far superior to the American Conference or the Big East which UConn will be in next year. Also in case you're not familiar with UConn's history, Geno also played a tough OOC Schedule when UConn was in the Big East when that was the toughest WBB Conference. What's Oregon St's excuse?

How do you come up with UConn's schedule is far superior to OSU's schedule? OSU has to play Stanford and Oregon twice, UCLA once, AZ and ASU twice. UConn plays South Carolina, Oregon, and Baylor. And UConn plays in the AAC conference. Not saying OSU's schedule is superior to UConn's but I am saying UConn's schedule is not superior to OSU's schedule.

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Everybody, but an Oregon St fan knew I was writing about comparing Oregon St's OOC Schedule compared to UConn's OOC. There is no comparison, the Games UConn played TO Date are far Superior to Oregon St's Games played To Date. I can say with full confidence that Geno and UConn would never schedule most of the teams that are on Oregon St's OOC Schedule this year. I'm surprised he doesn't schedule a game against his former school George Fox. Why not schedule Gonzaga on an annual basis? Nine Years at Oregon St and hasn't scheduled a game against a Quality Mid Major in the State of Oregon. Games between Oregon, Oregon St and Gonzaga plus another quality P5 School would make a great Thanksgiving or Christmas tournament. Rotate it between the schools each year. Scott Rueck is well entrenched at Oregon ST and there's no reason to schedule most of the OOC Games he schedules. Yes, to clarify I understand the PAC 12 is far superior to the American Conference or the Big East which UConn will be in next year. Also in case you're not familiar with UConn's history, Geno also played a tough OOC Schedule when UConn was in the Big East when that was the toughest WBB Conference. What's Oregon St's excuse?
Geno did not play such a tough OOC schedule when UConn was in the old Big East. Yes, there were a few games against top teams, but there were also plenty of games against the likes of Fairleigh Dickinson, Holy Cross, Oakland, University of Pacific, Hartford, and Sacred Heart. He only really upgraded the OOC schedule when the move to the AAC made that necessary.

I'm sure that Scott Rueck figures that they will get plenty of quality opposition in their conference, and if he can make a buck for the program by inviting some cupcakes to play home games at Oregon State for a guarantee, he might as well do it. That was Geno's reasoning also back in the older days.

Reaction Score
Everybody, but an Oregon St fan knew I was writing about comparing Oregon St's OOC Schedule compared to UConn's OOC. There is no comparison, the Games UConn played TO Date are far Superior to Oregon St's Games played To Date. I can say with full confidence that Geno and UConn would never schedule most of the teams that are on Oregon St's OOC Schedule this year. I'm surprised he doesn't schedule a game against his former school George Fox. Why not schedule Gonzaga on an annual basis? Nine Years at Oregon St and hasn't scheduled a game against a Quality Mid Major in the State of Washington. Games between Oregon, Oregon St and Gonzaga plus another quality P5 School would make a great Thanksgiving or Christmas tournament. BTW, I'm talking about Oregon ST and Oregon would play against Gonzaga and the invited ELITE P5 School. Oregon St and Oregon would not play each other, unless the PAC 12 would approve it. Rotate it between the schools each year. Scott Rueck is well entrenched at Oregon ST and there's no reason to schedule most of the OOC Games he schedules. Yes, to clarify I understand the PAC 12 is far superior to the American Conference or the Big East which UConn will be in next year. Also in case you're not familiar with UConn's history, Geno also played a tough OOC Schedule when UConn was in the Big East when that was the toughest WBB Conference. What's Oregon St's excuse?
Eight of Oregon State's 12 non-conference games were tournament games, playing four WNIT games, two games in Miami, and two games in Maui.

They'll play four or five top-10 teams in the Pac-12, so they'll be plenty prepared by the time March rolls around, just as any Pac-12 team will be. Most of the Pac-12 teams play multiple sub-200 RPI teams. Based on team rankings at the moment, I think Stanford has played four top-25 teams, Oregon one, and Oregon State three.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The polls this early are popularity contests...UConn's #1 is not based on their record to date....beating DePaul.

It is what it is.
I'm pretty agnostic about which team deserves to be #1, as no team has clearly distinguished itself as the best based on record to date.

You seem to think Florida State has earned something special, but in fact UConn has played more and tougher true road games including its road win over DePaul, which is a better win than anything FSU has based on Massey rating and game location.

FWIW, the Massey ratings are not based on reputation or popularity, and yet somehow UConn is #1. Notice that FSU has padded its record with 6 wins over teams ranked 175 and below.

HomeRoadNeutral
UConn (1)Cal (48)
Notre Dame (50)
Virginia (61)
DePaul (13)
Ohio St (42)
Vanderbilt (64)
Seton Hall (68)
Temple (88)
Dayton (102)
Oklahoma (77)
Florida State (9)Michigan State (51)
St. John's (84)
North Florida (186)
Samford (199)
Jacksonville (207)
Charleston Southern (346)
LSU (32)
Florida (121)
Clemson (175)
Illinois Chicago (347)
Texas A&M (16)
Michigan (34)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Eight of Oregon State's 12 non-conference games were tournament games, playing four WNIT games, two games in Miami, and two games in Maui.

They'll play four or five top-10 teams in the Pac-12, so they'll be plenty prepared by the time March rolls around, just as any Pac-12 team will be. Most of the Pac-12 teams play multiple sub-200 RPI teams. Based on team rankings at the moment, I think Stanford has played four top-25 teams, Oregon one, and Oregon State three.
Wait a
Minute, let’s parse your logic, shall we? Scott chooses to play in the “Hawaii tournament” knowing no top teams play there. He could just as easily decline and schedule some “real teams” now.
The WNIT rotates conference teams so this year is an exception on his schedule so he needs to step
It up and all his defenders need to stop using “the PAC12 as a tough conference as an excuse”
Considering Massey takes that into consideration.
I am curious if Scott has any rationale for this as I am sure he has one. What is irritating is Kim Mulkey playing her pathetic schedule all at home against the likes of the more downtrodden schools she always schedules. Be a bastion of leadership considering you’re supposed to be an elite coach and leader. She can’t fall back on her conference being good. Geez.

Reaction Score
Wait a
Minute, let’s parse your logic, shall we? Scott chooses to play in the “Hawaii tournament” knowing no top teams play there. He could just as easily decline and schedule some “real teams” now.
The WNIT rotates conference teams so this year is an exception on his schedule so he needs to step
It up and all his defenders need to stop using “the PAC12 as a tough conference as an excuse”
Considering Massey takes that into consideration.
I am curious if Scott has any rationale for this as I am sure he has one. What is irritating is Kim Mulkey playing her pathetic schedule all at home against the likes of the more downtrodden schools she always schedules. Be a bastion of leadership considering you’re supposed to be an elite coach and leader. She can’t fall back on her conference being good. Geez.
Oregon State hosts it, so they're going to be in it regardless of who they can get to go there. He was also expecting BYU to be a top-25.

I believe, and could be wrong: By the end of the regular season (based off current AP rankings), Rueck will have played nine top-25 teams (including four top-5 teams) and Geno will have played five top-25 teams (including two top-5 teams). Per RPI, Rueck will have played three sub-200 teams, and UConn will have played two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom