Andra Espinoza-Hunter to Mississippi State | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Andra Espinoza-Hunter to Mississippi State

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
That 6'7 player was a project who is light years ahead of where she was 2 years ago.. that's coaching. And if you'd seen where their program was when he got there versus where it is now, that too is coaching... and Vivians is the only 5-star player he's signed. There are a few more waiting in the wings now though.
Agreed. I think he's a great coach. What he did defensively with that A&M team, and what he did in just a few years at MSU is very impressive.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Okay 1 thing:

"Mississippi State was the only school she had visited at the time of her commitment and subsequent signing with the Bulldogs. After Mississippi State’s win Monday night, and a postgame follow-up conversation with Schaefer and his staff, she decided there’d be no need to go anywhere else."

Connecticut transfer Espinoza-Hunter picks Mississippi State

Fool me once ....:rolleyes:

I think she is only interested in a school, that she will get the most playing time. If you look at Mississippi guards, they are not great on the offensive end of the court. Andra will give them a guard that can score.

Reaction Score
Heck... I dont even understand what goes on in 40 year old female's head and their decision making..... so Im the wrong person to ask about what a 19-20 year old female could be thinking :confused:
This probably isn’t the blog to discuss gender and age concerns. But I will offer that after 35 years I still have no idea what the hell is going on in Mrs. B’s head and pretty much everyday we have a belly laugh as to what we were each thinking.

Reaction Score
Starkville is 100% a college town. Wherever in the US they're located, they're nice places to live. She'll like Starkville. And yes, it'll be different from NY, and the climate and speech will be different from Storrs. Both Storrs and Starkville are college towns with college town vibes and opportunities.

Two years of maturity; and two years from high school accolades and home with parents greatly affects anyone's attitude toward coaching and teamwork. It's good for all of us to go away from home and live in dorm or barracks. Truth of the matter is, we're not near as important to the rest of the world as we are at home. Good for us all to learn that. It's part of growing up. I bet she will do very well at Mississippi State.

Reaction Score
I wish AEH the best with her decision and future basketball endeavors. I have no opinion on her ability because I didn't see her play enough here. But her numbers in HS were more than impressive..36 points per game, just under 4000 points scored to be the highest in NY state history. With those numbers she could pretty much pick up the phone and play anywhere.
She obviously didn't enjoy playing here for Geno. I am one of the few BYers who think that basketball is a GAME and should be enjoyed for the brief time that a player plays it.
The Seal team BUDs training( aka Hell week) that seems to be what has become life for freshman here at Uconn is certainly an interesting strategy.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen similar statements about Schafer here but IMO Muffet is the second best coach in the country. Having a 6-7 player and Victoria Vivians would make many coaches look great. MSU players had the game of their lives last year, and congrats to them for their excellent effort, but I think people are getting a little carried away with the Schafer praise.
I respectfully disagree about Muffet. She used to be, but has been under-delivering for years now. After seeing the record-breaking crowd at the Hump on Monday, the toughness Vic's team showed to came back and win that game, the way he addressed the crowd post game, and the 23 minute post game presser with him and five of his players, I now believe that he is far and away the number two coach in the country. I actually thought so before this week, too, but all of that just reinforces my view.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
not sure I understand your comment..I was making a reference to the poster's reference of a character from "Laugh In" a late 1960's TV comedy show.......
Sorry,Charlie. I was referencing a previous poster who made a joke of someone else saying that he was "dating himself ". Failed attempt at humor, obviously. I too well remember Arte Johnson and get your point.:confused:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Wow awfully quick . Hope she is sure. Surprised she didn't look around more as she has the time. Does she know anyone on the team ?

It is simple. AEH saw how Vivians gets to run and gun. AEH's style in high school was the same. She can be the star. Oh, yeah, she probably thinks she can win a NCAA Championship at Miss St while beating UCONN to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Sorry,Charlie. I was referencing a previous poster who made a joke of someone else saying that he was "dating himself ". Failed attempt at humor, obviously. I too well remember Arte Johnson and get your point.:confused:
Bama fan - I too missed your point but completely understood Charliebb's reply to my original post. Might be my age....
Now, let's return to the OP and see how many pages this can go on for even tho I don't think the horse is gonna get up...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Will she be eligible spring semester of next year? Or will she sit next year and return in 19-20?

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree about Muffet. She used to be, but has been under-delivering for years now. After seeing the record-breaking crowd at the Hump on Monday, the toughness Vic's team showed to came back and win that game, the way he addressed the crowd post game, and the 23 minute post game presser with him and five of his players, I now believe that he is far and away the number two coach in the country. I actually thought so before this week, too, but all of that just reinforces my view.

"Far and away" has to be exaggeration. Muffet hasn't been underperforming: her team has a better record over the last five years than any team not named UCONN. Given personnel (and leaving out GA), I rank both Muffet and Rueck over Schaeffer (sp?) in terms of what they have done with their respective programs.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
It wouldn't be much different than what I've watched most of this year...

But in all seriousness, I like it when good (possibly elite) talent goes to places that don't usually get it. South Carolina is one of those places. So is Mississippi State.

What you may need, is a coach that would know what to do in the 4th quarter, against a team like Mississippi State. Like guard the 3 pt shooter and get the ball to Wilson.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wish AEH the best with her decision and future basketball endeavors. I have no opinion on her ability because I didn't see her play enough here. But her numbers in HS were more than impressive..36 points per game, just under 4000 points scored to be the highest in NY state history. With those numbers she could pretty much pick up the phone and play anywhere.
She obviously didn't enjoy playing here for Geno. I am one of the few BYers who think that basketball is a GAME and should be enjoyed for the brief time that a player plays it.
The Seal team BUDs training( aka Hell week) that seems to be what has become life for freshman here at Uconn is certainly an interesting strategy.
I would guess most BY believe that: "basketball is a GAME and should be enjoyed". I take great exception with the comparison you make of Seal training to the UCONN WBB experience "aka hell week". Your comparison is obviously ignorant of both experiences because as you correctly state, Basketball is a game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Surprising. I'm glad she found a home and I hope it works out for her. She's officially dead to me now.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
AEH cannot be as good as Saniya in volume scoring ...
But your school will have no chance to get #1 seed in 2019-2020 should be your worry.

I’m making a general statement about AEH. SC has nothing to do with this so I’m not sure why you’re even bringing it up.

You’re probably upset though. Breathe. I’m not your punching bag.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
What you may need, is a coach that would know what to do in the 4th quarter, against a team like Mississippi State. Like guard the 3 pt shooter and get the ball to Wilson.

Another mad poster.

This is a thread about AEH. What are you even talking about? Don’t take your frustrations out on me because of a transfer. Get over it. Not the first, won’t be the last for UConn.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
That 6'7 player was a project who is light years ahead of where she was 2 years ago.. that's coaching. And if you'd seen where their program was when he got there versus where it is now, that too is coaching... and Vivians is the only 5-star player he's signed. There are a few more waiting in the wings now though.

I’m already enjoying having more State fans around!

Reaction Score
I would guess most BY believe that: "basketball is a GAME and should be enjoyed". I take great exception with the comparison you make of Seal training to the UCONN WBB experience "aka hell week". Your comparison is obviously ignorant of both experiences because as you correctly state, Basketball is a game.
lol...in typical BY fashion, an insult as argument....
When a Seal candidate quits , he rings a bell and turns in his BUDS helmet. He then goes back to his previous unit.
When a Uconn recruit transfers, its becomes news. Public speculation why, can become a spectacle where each side seems to trash the other's character.
So you are right, there is a difference

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
lol...in typical BY fashion, an insult as argument....
When a Seal candidate quits , he rings a bell and turns in his BUDS helmet. He then goes back to his previous unit.
When a Uconn recruit transfers, its becomes news. Public speculation why, can become a spectacle where each side seems to trash the other's character.
So you are right, there is a difference
I'm not surprise that's the difference you would focus on and glad to see that you caught the last rerun of GI Jane to enhance you knowledge of BUDS training.
If you truly understood the difference you wouldn't make this comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom