Andra Espinoza-Hunter to Mississippi State | The Boneyard

Andra Espinoza-Hunter to Mississippi State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow awfully quick . Hope she is sure. Surprised she didn't look around more as she has the time. Does she know anyone on the team ?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
1) That was awfully quick...... I wonder how many schools she chose to visit.... wonder if she learned her lesson from last time (committing without seeing all the interested schools)

2) If she never experienced culture shock in her life before..... she surely will now :eek: :cool:

3)

homer.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Okay 1 thing:

"Mississippi State was the only school she had visited at the time of her commitment and subsequent signing with the Bulldogs. After Mississippi State’s win Monday night, and a postgame follow-up conversation with Schaefer and his staff, she decided there’d be no need to go anywhere else."

Connecticut transfer Espinoza-Hunter picks Mississippi State

Fool me once ....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
From a basketball only perspective, for her, this is the closest to a UConn wbb experience that is available. I say, smart choice. All the best to Andi. Was really looking forward to seeing her play at UConn, but, will watch a little more State now just to see her play. Hope she not only handles the regional differences, but learns and grows because of them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From a basketball only perspective, for her, this is the closest to a UConn wbb experience that is available. I say, smart choice. All the best to Andi. Was really looking forward to seeing her play at UConn, but, will watch a little more State now just to see her play. Hope she not only handles the regional differences, but learns and grows in spite of it.

I was thinking maybe ND but regardless...............why would she want to transfer to another program with a fiery head coach who doesn't put up with any nonsense when she just left one?

Reaction Score
I wonder if you would ever see a UCONN vs. Mississippi State regular season match up for the 2019-2020 season, which would pit AEH against her former freshman teammates at UCONN? Do you think Geno and Schaefer would ever agree to a series of game?

Reaction Score
I wonder if you would ever see a UCONN vs. Mississippi State regular season match up for the 2019-2020 season, which would pit AEH against her former freshman teammates at UCONN? Do you think Geno and Schaefer would ever agree to a series of game?

I doubt it.................. I don't think Geno likes 99% humidity............:rolleyes:

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Things I think I know:
1. Geno only recruits kids who are intelligent, of good character, and who have
better than average basketball talents. This may include kids who are stubborn in good ways, such as Kia. It may include kids who are stubborn in aggravating ways, such as Светлана Олеговна Абросимова, or Svet. It may include others
with additional varieties of stubbornness.
2. It appears that Geno and Andra had some differences of opinion.

Things I don't know and thus will not opine about:
1. Precisely how and why AEH exited UConn.
2. Why and how AEH chose Miss. State U.
3. How things will work for AEH and her new team.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
you may not like it so much if she starts raining three pointers on your team...:)

It wouldn't be much different than what I've watched most of this year...

But in all seriousness, I like it when good (possibly elite) talent goes to places that don't usually get it. South Carolina is one of those places. So is Mississippi State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom