Andra Espinoza-Hunter to Mississippi State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andra Espinoza-Hunter to Mississippi State

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I was thinking maybe ND but regardless.....why would she want to transfer to another program with a fiery head coach who doesn't put up with any nonsense when she just left one?

Do we know for certain that's the reason she left UConn?

Even so, if that is the case, as much as a few posters here like to say that Geno and Schaeffer are cut from the same cloth, I don't see it. They seem completely different to me. Is it a male thing? I guess you can say they are both very detailed oriented, hands on coaches with high expectations for players. I'm sure there are a few more things.. but that's about where the similarities end. And if she's running from that then she's running away from just about every D1 coach in this country... so odds are that aint it.

Reaction Score
Geno said he "didn't want her here anymore," so she didn't leave the team so much as she was kicked off. I'm sure Coach Vic is aware of this and would think he did his due diligence before accepting her into his up and coming program.

Reaction Score
It wouldn't be much different than what I've watched most of this year...

But in all seriousness, I like it when good (possibly elite) talent goes to places that don't usually get it. South Carolina is one of those places. So is Mississippi State.

don't tell me you want some
Do we know for certain that's the reason she left UConn?

Even so, if that is the case, as much as a few posters here like to say that Geno and Schaeffer are cut from the same cloth, I don't see it. They seem completely different to me. Is it a male thing? I guess you can say they are both very detailed oriented, hands on coaches with high expectations for players. I'm sure there are a few more things.. but that's about where the similarities end. And if she's running from that then she's running away from just about every D1 coach in this country... so odds are that aint it.

it certainly is one of the great mysteries of this basketball season for UConn folks...............perhaps one day she'll tell her side of the story.............I hope she has a great career against every team but one...............and that's not South Carolina!!!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Shaeffer gets another dangerous volume scorer. She'll be their next Victoria Vivians.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
you might have a better sense as to whether a NY kid would enjoy the quiet Mississippi lifestyle......
Have you ever heard those god awful cowbells? Not so quiet in Starkville.

Reaction Score
Shaeffer gets another dangerous volume scorer. She'll be their next Victoria Vivians.
But what will that get them? At this point in the history of WBB nobody knows how to do it better than Geno & CD, so unless she learns a lesson from her brief experience at UCONN where will it take her? If she didn’t have the right attitude, approach, commitment or whatever to stick at THE best program, then how can she exceed the opportunity she left?

Reaction Score
Not saying I know why AEH decided to leave...but when it was first announced, I remembered a segment on the first Geno show this season...Nov 17th, I believe,.... her only on camera by her self moment, when she talked about how much harder it was than she thought, how much the conditioning was ratcheted up ... 100% from what she knew or expected... and the key line... "...the Geno wrath is real... it's not a myth." So I was not surprised...

Her choice of MSST is very interesting...perhaps a desire to be with a "contender"... I don't know how Vic runs his program, but if it's close to how Geno runs his, it will be very interesting... of course she'll be a couple years more mature and perhaps better equipped to handle it.

Good Luck to her...is all I have to end with.

Last edited:

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Oh dear, as if UCONN/Geno did not already have enough motivation to destroy Mississippi State the next time the two teams meet. I can't wait to see these two teams play and how this all plays out for the next 4 years and beyond.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Oh dear, as if UCONN/Geno did not already have enough motivation to destroy Mississippi State the next time the two teams meet. I can't wait to see these two teams play and how this all plays out for the next 4 years and beyond.
I don’t think that AEH heading to Starkville will have any impact on Geno’s motivation. While McGowan returns next year, the core of MS St graduates. This year is MS St’s one and likely only chance to win a national championship.

Reaction Score
I don’t think that AEH heading to Starkville will have any impact on Geno’s motivation. While McGowan returns next year, the core of MS St graduates. This year is MS St’s one and likely only chance to win a national championship.
But they aren’t good enough to do it.

Reaction Score

you're most likely correct but who knows maybe Vic will be able to get some other quality recruits to continue the team's good run in the future.............he seems to do a really great job working with good but not great players which really shows what an excellent coach he is......

Reaction Score
But what will that get them? At this point in the history of WBB nobody knows how to do it better than Geno & CD, so unless she learns a lesson from her brief experience at UCONN where will it take her? If she didn’t have the right attitude, approach, commitment or whatever to stick at THE best program, then how can she exceed the opportunity she left?
Sometimes just a change of scenery is enough to reset and recharge. Just because she didn't thrive at UConn doesn't mean she can't elsewhere in a different environment under different coaching personalities and expectations.

Reaction Score
AEH cannot be as good as Saniya in volume scoring ...
But your school will have no chance to get #1 seed in 2019-2020 should be your worry.

Reaction Score
In the original thread about AEH transferring and considering 6 possible schools I speculated that she might want to go to a school that would enable her to show Geno what he was missing out on. Her choice of MSST appears to be just that. No doubt she wants to play for a winner and possibly beat UCONN in the process. I have a funny feeling we will be learning a lot more about her motivations in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom