Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCF is a good team this year....

Their QB pulls it together

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I believe that Towson is better then UConn.

The rest is just Sagarin's computer algorithims...which is all that we can gave when you don't play head to head.

What other teams are better than UConn?

Reaction Score
LSU almost lost to Arkansas (who lost to Rutgers) this weekend. Good teams sometimes struggle with bad teams.

That's why going undefeated is fairly tough. And the best teams don't stumble.

I'm not giving Bama a bye on this, their kicking game was horrible and they wouldn't have been in their situation had they a kicker like FSU's....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In watched UCF dominate Penn state and lose in the last seconds to South Carolina.
That Penn State team beat Wisconsin thoroughly at home while Clemson got trampled by South Carolina.

You're trolling now.

Yeah those are two data points. UCF also held on for dear life against bad teams.

I think they are the best team in the American but are probably 13th-17th overall.

I'll name some teams tell me which they are better than:

FSU
Ohio State
Alabama
Auburn
Missouri
Oklahoma State
Baylor
Stanford
Oregon
Michigan State
Arizona State
Wisconsin
South Carolina
Texas A&M

Reaction Score
I believe that Towson is better then UConn.

The rest is just Sagarin's computer algorithims...which is all that we can gave when you don't play head to head.

They lost to Towson, so they must be worse. I get that.

But if you go by the same logic constantly, you get a lot of weirdness. I don't think you'd stick by your Sagarins if we continued this poor exercise.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That's why going undefeated is fairly tough. And the best teams don't stumble.

I'm not giving Bama a bye on this, their kicking game was horrible and they wouldn't have been in their situation had they a kicker like FSU's....

Too smug by double.

Alabama wouldn't even need a kicker in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Any game can be won or lost on penalties, turnovers, or just plain bad luck.

How many times will an Auburn win two games in a row on last second Hail Mary plays? You have to be good to go undefeated, but you also have to be lucky.

Reaction Score
Too smug by double.

Maybe not...but FSU's kicker has missed one kick all year. And Bama would have won with him..IMHO

Reaction Score
Yeah those are two data points. UCF also held on for dear life against bad teams.

I think they are the best team in the American but are probably 13th-17th overall.

I'll name some teams tell me which they are better than:

FSU
Ohio State
Alabama
Auburn
Missouri
Oklahoma State
Baylor
Stanford
Oregon
Michigan State
Arizona State
Wisconsin
South Carolina
Texas A&M

Right, but he wrote that UCF could draw N Illinois, which is a game they might win, implying they'd have a tough time beating Wisconsin or Michigan St. or Oregon or Oklahoma St. or South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Maybe not...but FSU's kicker has missed one kick all year. And Bama would have won with him..IMHO

You disagree? That was the subject..not how strong Bama may be in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Too smug by double.

The more I read this smarmy remark...the more off topic I see it...just another swipe at the ACC when it was Bama's loss because of their kicking game that was being discussed.

Aguayo at FSU is 18 of 19 for field goals...I just think that Bama would be clearly in the NC race had they had a kicker.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
upstater said:
Right, but he wrote that UCF could draw N Illinois, which is a game they might win, implying they'd have a tough time beating Wisconsin or Michigan St. or Oregon or Oklahoma St. or South Carolina.

I wrote that. And I think UCF would beat Northern Illinois and lose to Wisconsin, Michigan State, Oregon and Oklahoma State. They already lost to South Carolina at home.

Do you think UCF is better than Wisconsin, Michigan State, Oregon or Oklahoma State?

Reaction Score
Oregon would be a tough match up for UCF...

UCF was close to beating South Carolina but also has had some close 3 point wins over non stellar teams like Temple and USF.

Hard for me to figure which UCF would be playing.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Aguayo at FSU is 18 of 19 for field goals...I just think that Bama would be clearly in the NC race had they had a kicker.

That's fine and all, but if he's 0-19, Florida State is currently undefeated and ranked #1.

Alabama has a tougher row to hoe and a bad day for their field goal kicker will cost 'em.

They're not blowing dandelions every weekend.

Reaction Score
Alabama had some tough games...

But they also played Chattanooga, Colorado State, and Georgia State...

Add in a weak conference teams Arkansas (who lost to Rutgers and to every SEC opponent), 10 loss Kentucky (who lost to Western Kentucky), 7 loss Tennessee (who even Florida rolled over), 6 loss Miss. state and 5 loss Ole Miss....

Reaction Score
A weak part of their game killed Bama in a crucial contest...

That is why being strong on all sides of the ball...defense, offense and ST can help prevent a loss...

I was surprised that Saban was in this situation with his kicking game since he is usually a pefectionist.

Reaction Score
I wrote that. And I think UCF would beat Northern Illinois and lose to Wisconsin, Michigan State, Oregon and Oklahoma State. They already lost to South Carolina at home.

Do you think UCF is better than Wisconsin, Michigan State, Oregon or Oklahoma State?

The key word he used was "Might." Do I think UCF has a decent chance to beat those teams? Yes. 45/55. I've seen the B1G teams in particular play quite a bit. I never saw PSU so thoroughly dominated this year as against UCF and Ohio St. Otherwise, PSU went toe-to-toe with competition.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
upstater said:
The key word he used was "Might." Do I think UCF has a decent chance to beat those teams? Yes. 45/55. I've seen the B1G teams in particular play quite a bit. I never saw PSU so thoroughly dominated this year as against UCF and Ohio St. Otherwise, PSU went toe-to-toe with competition.

You have UCF as 45/55 to beat those schools. Well you should get rich with that advantage as the rest of the world has them in any matchup at 20/80.

Reaction Score
You have UCF as 45/55 to beat those schools. Well you should get rich with that advantage as the rest of the world has them in any matchup at 20/80.

That's because they are underrating UCF. UCF is much better than people think. Teams like Wisconsin, on the other hand, are incredibly overrated. Wisconsin hasn't beaten a decent team all year, despite their record. In a bowl game like that, I ook at the QBs, and the difference between those two QBs is huge. Wisky's guy can't hit the broadside of a barn, whereas Bortles is looking at a pro career.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hate to give the troll a shred of credibility, but since he won't list any more teams better than UConn, I will rejoin the debate.

There is not really enough information to tell which teams are better than which teams. The SEC went 3-1 in the end of season ACC rivalry games, but does beating a bunch of ACC teams mean a league is good? There are so few games between major conference teams and so many against FCS opponents, that who knows? Every single P5 conference played more FCS teams than games against schools from the other P5 conferences. I think that fact alone should eliminate any conference claiming they are superior to any other. If they want to get credit for a 1 loss team, maybe they should play a tougher schedule.

Reaction Score
I wrote last week that Clemson wasn't for real. They never are. Now someone needs to explain why UCF is behind Clemson when UCF's only loss was a very close game to the team that just dominated Clemson.

It's a long stretch for you to call South Carolina's win over Clemson a domination. I watched the whole thing. The Game was tied in the fourth quarter. Clemson had 6 turnovers and only lost by 14. Calling it a self destruction would be more accurate than any domination. Or better yet a flop by Tahj Boyd. He caused most of the turnovers himself.

On the other hand Florida State dominated Clemson. Those were Clemson's only losses. Clemson could do very well in their bowl game.

Reaction Score
I don't care where you play...it is difficult to win 13 games. A team that wins 13 games in an AQ conference is either real good or has been lucky in a couple of close games.

What helps FSU isn't necessarily the conference strength but the eye test. FSU has just been rolling the MF'ers...standing 'em up and knocking them down by four TD's or more.

And they have passed the eye test on all sides of the ball...16 different defenders have recorded an interception (that may be a record), 15 different receivers have a TD pass, the kicker has made 18 of 19 FG's and has established an NCAA record by hitting all 84 of his extra points this season; that’s the most PATs for a kicker in a season without missing.

The offense and defense are both ranked Top Five..

Reaction Score
It's a long stretch for you to call South Carolina's win over Clemson a domination. I watched the whole thing. The Game was tied in the fourth quarter. Clemson had 6 turnovers and only lost by 14. Calling it a self destruction would be more accurate than any domination. Or better yet a flop by Tahj Boyd. He caused most of the turnovers himself.

On the other hand Florida State dominated Clemson. Those were Clemson's only losses. Clemson could do very well in their bowl game.

I don't believe in Clemson. I have said that for a while. Clemson is better known for giving up 70 points in bowls than they are in winning them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
upstater said:
That's because they are underrating UCF. UCF is much better than people think. Teams like Wisconsin, on the other hand, are incredibly overrated. Wisconsin hasn't beaten a decent team all year, despite their record. In a bowl game like that, I ook at the QBs, and the difference between those two QBs is huge. Wisky's guy can't hit the broadside of a barn, whereas Bortles is looking at a pro career.

Bortles is excellent. But tell me how the teams ranked in front of UCF end up in dogfights with Temple and USF. They dispose of garbage teams like that.

Reaction Score
I don't believe in Clemson. I have said that for a while. Clemson is better known for giving up 70 points in bowls than they are in winning them.

Hard for me to believe in Clemson after the kicking that FSU gave them in Death Valley.

If you can rush the QB and can cover 4 seconds..you beat Clemson badly. Boyd gets flustered under a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom