Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Just a magical, magical conference.

Duke is +28 in the championship game.

Reaction Score
Clemson/USCeast, I thought was big game for the perception of the league. It was another fail. Duke is a nice story, like we were in 2007, when we played WVU, in the Big East "championship" game. Expect a similar massacre.

FSU is for real, the rest of the conference constitues the 5th best conference in the power 5. They play solid football, entertaining.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As the house band for the world wide leader, the perception of ACC sports usually outruns the reality of it.

The SEC is going to see the downside of being so freaking deep -- if FSU can keep their kid out of prison, the SEC will see a lesser conference take home their national championship.

FSU didn't even break a sweat in the ACC this year....

41-13
48-34
63-0
51-14
49-17
41-14
59-3
59-3

OSU gets picked apart for its schedule, but good god, the Big Ten wouldn't have laid down like the ACC did.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
As the house band for the world wide leader, the perception of ACC sports usually outruns the reality of it.

The SEC is going to see the downside of being so freaking deep -- if FSU can keep their kid out of prison, the SEC will see a lesser conference take home their national championship.

I didn't know that the national championship was awarded to a conference and not a team.

Reaction Score

FSU didn't even break a sweat in the ACC this year....

41-13
48-34
63-0
51-14
49-17
41-14
59-3
59-3

OSU gets picked apart for its schedule, but good god, the Big Ten wouldn't have laid down like the ACC did.

Where I disagree, is that I think FSU would have laid similar beatdowns in any conference, with the exception of the SEC, where they may have gotten picked off once.

FSU has been wickedly impressive with their collection of athletes since the PITT game. Their WRs and defense are just loaded with physical freaks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone in the Big Ten beats FSU, but I cannot imagine them rolling people the way they did.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Look up 'pedant' in the dictionary.

Eh I looked it up. I'm not one for academic learnin' and the comment you replied to was hardly a small detail relative to your point.

Reaction Score
FSU is often overrated as of late but looks legit this year. Even my most cynical FSU friends, who typically predict the imminent letdown, appear convinced.

Reaction Score
FSU will be BCS #1 today.

I don't think anyone in the Big Ten beats FSU, but I cannot imagine them rolling people the way they did.

Oh...FSU would roll a few...

Certainly Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Michigan State (who was beaten by Notre dame who Pitt beat..and who only put up 14 points on Purdue and Minnesota). Heck, if Michigan State loses to Ohio State, we willsee FSU roll the Buckeyes.

Florida wasn't a great team and had a very bad offense...but they were Top Ten in Total Defense...and FSU, far and away, scored more points on them then did an SEC team.

But..if you don't have much to cheer for, it is always good to have something to cheer against.

I take it you will not be cheering for FSU?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They would definitely f--- up a bunch of Big Ten teams, but they steamrolled everything that they saw in the ACC. (Well, they steamrolled everything, period.)

Without knowing who they're playing, hard to say whether I'd root for or against Florida State. They haven't been particularly kind to UConn, so I think we'd be easily forgiven for rooting against them. (Personally, I might root for an outbreak of Legionnaire's Disease on the FSU campus if I think long enough on the events of the past two years.)

But...I can see a potential disaster if FSU is in the title game and Winston is charged with a felony. In that case, it'd be a very long month for football fans.

Reaction Score
Could be...Winston is a unique talent. But FSU has a few weapons and Maguire isn't chopped liver as a QB.

I do not believe that Winston will be charged...the State Attorney will probably not charge when the case can not be won....

Reaction Score
If FSU somehow lost to Duke, it would supplant the NC State game as the biggest choke. Hard to see it happening though, mainly because FSU has been incredibly consistent in its dismantling of teams this year.

Reaction Score
I wrote last week that Clemson wasn't for real. They never are. Now someone needs to explain why UCF is behind Clemson when UCF's only loss was a very close game to the team that just dominated Clemson.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
One of the problems with College Football is that preseason is such a joke that there is no way to compare schedules. Nevada, Bethune Cookman and Idaho were the big OOC games for FSU before facing a Florida team coming off a loss to Georgia Southern. Clemson and Duke are the ranked teams that FSU will play prior to the MNC. Boise has gotten to the bowl season in the past playing tougher schedules than FSU's.

The AAC has as many ranked teams as the ACC.

Reaction Score
The AAC has three ranked teams? The ACC has three ranked teams...

One would not know, if one doesn't follow FCS ball...that 10 win Bethune is one of the OK teams in the playoffs....and, that fill in for the cancelled WVU game actually might have been a tougher opponent then UConn. Sagarin would have UConn as the underdog as well as South Florida.

Reaction Score
And Nevada is not great, but is stronger then USF or UConn or Kentucky or Rutgers or Cal, Temple, Kansas or NC State....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The AAC has three ranked teams? The ACC has three ranked teams...

One would not know, if one doesn't follow FCS ball...that 10 win Bethune is one of the OK teams in the playoffs....and, that fill in for the cancelled WVU game actually might have been a tougher opponent then UConn. Sagarin would have UConn as the underdog as well as South Florida.

All of that is incredibly relevant to a team that is playing for a national championship having played a bunch of cream puffs out of conference and in their conference while Ohio State is having to defend is schedule.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And Nevada is not great, but is stronger then USF or UConn or Kentucky or Rutgers or Cal, Temple, Kansas or NC State....

Why don't you start a thread of teams better than UConn?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UCF is pretty good. Louisville still manages to be overrated and Cincinnati is a mystery.

It's good that UCF is underrated though. Gives Northern Illinois a BCS bid and might give them a game they can win.

UCF really did struggle with bad teams though. USF and Temple for example. Every other high rated team would dismantle them.

Reaction Score

You're out of your mind if you believe this.

Reaction Score
UCF is pretty good. Louisville still manages to be overrated and Cincinnati is a mystery.

It's good that UCF is underrated though. Gives Northern Illinois a BCS bid and might give them a game they can win.

UCF really did struggle with bad teams though. USF and Temple for example. Every other high rated team would dismantle them.

In watched UCF dominate Penn state and lose in the last seconds to South Carolina.
That Penn State team beat Wisconsin thoroughly at home while Clemson got trampled by South Carolina.

You're trolling now.

Reaction Score
I believe that Towson is better then UConn.

The rest is just Sagarin's computer algorithims...which is all that we can gave when you don't play head to head.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
LSU almost lost to Arkansas (who lost to Rutgers) this weekend. Good teams sometimes struggle with bad teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom