4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report | Page 6 | The Boneyard

4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So he didn't shoot well because he was out of shape is the basic argument being made here? I can agree with that.
That beyond ridiculous
The kid had the ball in hand on every play and not only was responsible for getting his own shots but the the shots of 4 other players of limited ability to create without him
I can’t think of a UConn player except maybe Earl Kelly who was asked to do more.
That the kid could even walk off the court after each game was testimony to his great condition,
Even Kembs had Bazz on the ball to generate shots for him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The kid had the ball in hand on every play and not only was responsible for getting his own shots but the the shots of 4 other players of limited ability to create without him That the kid could even walk off the court after each game was testimony to his great condition,
I thought Purvis was the guy that had to carry the team last year? That's what was said here all last season. And there were games where Adams was sucking wind half way through the first half. He was not in great condition last year.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This is a bad take. The low volume point compared to what? Comparing him (35% on 3.2 attempts) to Boat (33% on 4.3 attempts), Bazz(36% on 4.9 attempts), Walker(34% on 3.3 attempts) is disingenuous because of the vast differences in roles during their sophomore year. What do you mean by more natural 3 point shot? I'll hang up and await your response.
Low volume means low volume. Don't sit here and act like a mathematician you know exactly what "low volume" means in college basketball. And natural shooter as in the 3 pt shot is not a natural part of his offensive arsenal. Boy you really caught me in a loop there with your lyrical swordplay doctor. FOH

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Low volume means low volume. Don't sit here and act like a mathematician you know exactly what "low volume" means in college basketball. And natural shooter as in the 3 pt shot is not a natural part of his offensive arsenal. Boy you really caught me in a loop there with your lyrical swordplay doctor. FOH

Would you say walker was also a low volume 3 point shooter? Just unclear on what you’re saying sir. I do not know why low volume means hence I posed the question to you.

Reaction Score
More amazing stuff - guy played 40 minutes a game, many games on a bad ankle as well as a concussion (?) and was the guy. Are people really picking on Jalen for not being in shape? LOL

Never ends.:eek:

Not picking on him. Just excited for whats possible after a summer off.

Reaction Score
I thought Purvis was the guy that had to carry the team last year? That's what was said here all last season.

Literally nobody said this. I get that you don't like Adams' body language and attitude sometimes but you're really reaching here. He was hurt a good portion of the season and logged crazy minutes.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Would you say walker was also a low volume 3 point shooter? Just unclear on what you’re saying sir. I do not know why low volume means hence I posed the question to you.
I don't remember KW's volume from beyond the arc but he took so many of the teams shots as it was that it's likely even his weak 3pt game still got him many opportunities. When he entered the league he was considered a poor 3pt shooter (poor efficiency in general). Today he is actually one of the more prolific 3 guys in the league. He has improved immensely there, Jalen needs to also if he wants any minutes in today's NBA.

Jalen is a scoring point guard in the league, and those need to either have a reliable 3 or shot or be Westbrook.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I thought Purvis was the guy that had to carry the team last year? That's what was said here all last season. And there were games where Adams was sucking wind half way through the first half. He was not in great condition last year.

Crazy talk

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't remember KW's volume from beyond the arc but he took so many of the teams shots as it was that it's likely even his weak 3pt game still got him many opportunities. When he entered the league he was considered a poor 3pt shooter (poor efficiency in general). Today he is actually one of the more prolific 3 guys in the league. He has improved immensely there, Jalen needs to also if he wants any minutes in today's NBA.

Jalen is a scoring point guard in the league, and those need to either have a reliable 3 or shot or be Westbrook.

JA took more shot attempts last year than Kemba did in his most active UConn year
Not picking on you but I too am confused on your low volume and polycon did present the comparatives I was searching for
I also would not call Kemba "prolific" in the 3 - not even in/near the top 20 in the 3 pt shot efficiency in the NBA - has he improved - hell yeah
JA does need to improve but I don't see much difference in JA and Kemba, Boatright, or Shabazz in the 3 during the season BUT Bazz and Kemba hit some big-time pressure shots whereas JA, except for the AAC miracle shot, hasn't been afforded much of the same stage. None of them are Ray, Rip or Rashad

Reaction Score
JA took more shot attempts last year than Kemba did in his most active UConn year
Not sure where you got that from.

Kemba took 739 shots his last season at UConn (UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Men's Basketball). That was in 41 games. 316-739 overall from the field for a .428 shooting percentage. 75-227 from three for a .330 shooting percentage.

Adams last season, in 32 games (http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2016-2017/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND), was 174-404 overall from the field for a .431 shooting percentage. 36-103 from three for a .350 shooting percentage.

If you compare Adams' season last year to Walker's sophomore year (UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Men's Basketball) the numbers are very comparable with Adams having a slight advantage in almost every offensive statistical category.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Oh baloney. Plenty of people talked about Purvis having to do it all himself on offense.

I gotta say, I don't recall that at all.

Maybe taking big 3s, maybe saying HE played like he needed to, which led to bad shots ... But I don't remember any real discussion about Purvis carrying our offensive load.

We've all been pretty disappointed that he proved he couldn't do that the year prior. We mostly knew he couldn't be relied on for that.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Not picking on you but I too am confused on your low volume and polycon did present the comparatives I was searching for
I also would not call Kemba "prolific" in the 3 - not even in/near the top 20 in the 3 pt shot efficiency in the NBA - has he improved - hell yeah
JA does need to improve but I don't see much difference in JA and Kemba, Boatright, or Shabazz in the 3 during the season BUT Bazz and Kemba hit some big-time pressure shots whereas JA, except for the AAC miracle shot, hasn't been afforded much of the same stage. None of them are Ray, Rip or Rashad
Regarding the Jalen taking more shots than Kemba, come on. Hooper showed us the number on that. And as for Kemba not being a prolific 3pt shooter in the league. He had the 6th most 3pt FGM in the entire league last season. That's prolific even by conservative measurements, and he did it at 40% overall. Anything else?

2016-17 Regular Season NBA Player Stats and League Leaders - 3-Points - National Basketball Association - ESPN

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kemba played in a tough big east.
Adams against crap teams in the aac.

Reaction Score

So the critique is that though he was better than Kemba, it's not good enough.

Reaction Score
Regarding the Jalen taking more shots than Kemba, come on. Hooper showed us the number on that. And as for Kemba not being a prolific 3pt shooter in the league. He had the 6th most 3pt FGM in the entire league last season. That's prolific even by conservative measurements, and he did it at 40% overall. Anything else?

2016-17 Regular Season NBA Player Stats and League Leaders - 3-Points - National Basketball Association - ESPN

The comparison is between Kemba in college and Jalen in college. Not Kemba as a seasoned pro and Jalen. Jeez.

Reaction Score
Not sure where you got that from.

Kemba took 739 shots his last season at UConn (UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Men's Basketball). That was in 41 games. 316-739 overall from the field for a .428 shooting percentage. 75-227 from three for a .330 shooting percentage.

Adams last season, in 32 games (http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2016-2017/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND), was 174-404 overall from the field for a .431 shooting percentage. 36-103 from three for a .350 shooting percentage.

If you compare Adams' season last year to Walker's sophomore year (UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Men's Basketball) the numbers are very comparable with Adams having a slight advantage in almost every offensive statistical category.

He was comparing sophomore years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01