4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report | Page 8 | The Boneyard

4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I got called a joke by the dude whose behavior on this very page alone is the textbook definition of "mad online?" Okay then.
Ahh the "you mad bro?". Looks like you really had nothing to say. Thanks for dropping in as always.

Reaction Score
I like the announcement well done. Seems like a good kid, doubt he's totally happy that UConn had too many guards so he had to go the other way.

Good luck to him
Cuse is probably a better fit for Carey. He can step in and begin improving his PG skills right away.
Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
Classy announcement. Good luck in the future! Have fun losing to UConn at MSG.

Reaction Score
Everybody saw that coming I would think. I also feel that we were smart to lock up the excellent recruits we did and in doing so I think we left him little room to manuever. He could have signed a month ago...

Let's hope we didn't outmaneuver ourselves.

Reaction Score
Pretty nice announcement.

Handwriting was on the wall after Akinjo committed.

I can tell you liked this kid, nice to see civil reasonable behavior on the board, even if its you.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Well the recruitment news is over so I don't have to look at this thread ever again.

But I would like to know exactly how self-absorbed you have to be to continue an off topic argument for page after page even after several people have asked you to stop, advised you to create your own thread, etc.?

Reaction Score
Seems like a good kid. We've had a while to prepare ourselves for this decision so this should be a surprise to no one. I'm curious as to if we are completely on to 2019

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I like Carey a lot as a combo, problem is he thinks he's a point guard and he's not. Glad we got the point guard.
Akinjo is going to be a fan favorite for sure. That said, I'll be shocked if he's as dynamic a lead scorer as Bazz or Boat.

We'll need to get a guy like Carey this spring, or in 2019 – a dude who just makes shots. Very glad we seem to have a balanced core in place first, though.

Reaction Score
Akinjo is going to be a fan favorite for sure. That said, I'll be shocked if he's as dynamic a lead scorer as Bazz or Boat.

We'll need to get a guy like Carey this spring, or in 2019 – a dude who just makes shots. Very glad we seem to have a balanced core in place first, though.
Well is anyone anywhere in college basketball as dynamic as bazz or boat were? Those guys we're greats. Akinjo never has to be that good for him to be really good

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Well is anyone anywhere in college basketball as dynamic as bazz or boat were? Those guys we're greats. Akinjo never has to be that good for him to be really good
I agree – just giving you my perspective since I've seen the kid live a good bit. I think he'll be really good, the type to be an important piece for a 30+ win team.

What I don't think he'll ever become is a first or second scoring option for a championship team. Which goes to the point that we really will need a dynamic shot-maker like Carey to either fill out our 2018 class, or start our 2019 group.

I'm not knocking Akinjo at all btw, and as I said at the time I'm glad we landed him even though it seems to have cost us Carey. He's tough, he's a gym rat, high IQ, very good passer, plays great defense, etc. Fans are going to love him.

But for the most part he doesn't just go out there and get buckets. So we still need a backcourt guy like that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I agree – just giving you my perspective since I've seen the kid live a good bit. I think he'll be really good, the type to be an important piece for a 30+ win team.

What I don't think he'll ever become is a first or second scoring option for a championship team. Which goes to the point that we really will need a dynamic shot-maker like Carey to either fill out our 2018 class, or start our 2019 group.

I'm not knocking Akinjo at all btw, and as I said at the time I'm glad we landed him even though it seems to have cost us Carey. He's tough, he's a gym rat, high IQ, very good passer, plays great defense, etc. Fans are going to love him.

But for the most part he doesn't just go out there and get buckets. So we still need a backcourt guy like that.
give me a team around him and let him be marcus williams and i'll be happy

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

also aren't we over the scholarship limit with kisunas? he would take Larrier's so we would need Jalen to leave, correct?

Reaction Score

Agreed. I understood your point, was just pointing that out

Reaction Score

I think we were in a position that we couldn't afford to wait for Carey and end up losing both him and Akinjo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom