4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report | The Boneyard

4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hope we pulled way out. I get that KO is a stand-up dude who Carey loves (without anything to say about the other coaches recruiting him) but the fact that we are in Cuse's and Miami's company right now... hopefully the situation is not that we paid him and Cuse/Miami offered more

Reaction Score
Yea, I think we back slowly away from this one. There's a pretty good shot we aren't in it anymore anyway. And we just signed a shooting guard anyway. We need a center.

Reaction Score
Yea, I think we back slowly away from this one. There's a pretty good shot we aren't in it anymore anyway. And we just signed a shooting guard anyway. We need a center.

Carey and Matthews are different players. Carey more of a combo guard and Matthews a 2/3 (I personally think more of a 3 in our system). I don't think we're getting Carey anyway, but I don't think we back off him completely because we got Matthews. More than likely we'll end up having an additional spot available for a big man as well.

Reaction Score
Assuming Shittu is cleared, why don't we engage again. No way he is taking cash now, so maybe he gives us a look.

Reaction Score
Whats the point of his announcement party now?

How does this change anything? We knew Miami was out...the announcement is really his decision between Syracuse and UConn. Presumably he's choosing Cuse, but UConn's percentages are probably slightly higher than Miami, which was zero.

Reaction Score
How does this change anything? We knew Miami was out...the announcement is really his decision between Syracuse and UConn. Presumably he's choosing Cuse, but UConn's percentages are probably slightly higher than Miami, which was zero.
We dont even know if the staff is still recruiting him at this point

Reaction Score
I would be very worried about the Bazely recruitment if I were them
There’s little reason for them to be. He decommitted from OSU when Matta was gored, wasn’t that highly ranked at the time, then was one of the best performers in the EYBL this summer and his stock soared after he picked Cuse.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I'm wondering how many kids are now going to hold off on committing anywhere until the dust settles.
That's what I'm thinking. I bet we don't see many commitments between now and the season starting.

Reaction Score
There’s little reason for them to be. He decommitted from OSU when Matta was gored, wasn’t that highly ranked at the time, then was one of the best performers in the EYBL this summer and his stock soared after he picked Cuse.

I don't have any reason to think the recruitment was dirty at all but the kid was still a highish 4 star before he blew up. That ranking surely was worth a couple G's.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering how many kids are now going to hold off on committing anywhere until the dust settles.
That's what I'm thinking. I bet we don't see many commitments between now and the season starting.
There may be a twist to that scenario though. We could see guys committing to the widely acknowledged "safe" schools early on, so they secure a spot before the 'ships run out. It's the questionable schools that are likely to have trouble getting guys to commit until later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom