4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report | Page 2 | The Boneyard

4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's what I'm thinking. I bet we don't see many commitments between now and the season starting.
Agreed, and that's what makes getting Matthews and Akinjo (and Wilson actually) soooo crucial.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
There may be a twist to that scenario though. We could see guys committing to the widely acknowledged "safe" schools early on, so they secure a spot before the 'ships run out. It's the questionable schools that are likely to have trouble getting guys to commit until later.

Most of the clearly safe schools suck.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Well...I'm putting us in that category...so tread lightly here...lol

I don't believe Ollie is involved, but it's a stretch to say we are a clearly safe school.

Reaction Score
This is garbage.
Really if Miami is under survilence and there is any talk of cash between his camp and them. his eligibility is immediately in question. That’s the best case
Worst case It’s a short hop especially in the minds of UConn bashers to whoever else is in the recruitment.
I hate to do that to a kid too but with our history with the NCAA it’s a gamble we can’t afford to take.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Really if Miami is under survilence and there is any talk of cash between his camp and them. his eligibility is immediately in question. That’s the best case
Worst case It’s a short hop especially in the minds of UConn bashers to whoever else is in the recruitment.
I hate to do that to a kid too but with our history with the NCAA it’s a gamble we can’t afford to take.

Please stop.

You sound stupid.

Reaction Score
I hear you that it's not 100% clear cut, but do feel that Ollie has too much integrity for that.
I'm definitely not 100% confident, but I do feel like we'll be in the clear. Hard to be too confident when the EYBL was subpoenaed and Chill was working for them about a decade ago

Reaction Score
If Carey was considering Miami
It might be prudent if we or even Cuse should pass on him.
We get to control our own behavior and to back off a recruit because a sleezy school was also recruiting him is nuts. That said, Carey is likely going to Cuse.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't believe Ollie is involved, but it's a stretch to say we are a clearly safe school.
How so?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
How so?

It's natural to suspect any school that has been very successful. The same is true for individual athletes - not too many people suspect a crappy baseball player of using PEDs.

What moves suspicion away from a program like UConn's is the lack of five star recruits (as mentioned by someone else in this thread). That, and I just don't see Ollie doing it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
321F08C8-AEF9-40C5-BC98-D4528DCC27A9.jpeg
Please stop.

You sound stupid.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm definitely not 100% confident, but I do feel like we'll be in the clear. Hard to be too confident when the EYBL was subpoenaed and Chill was working for them about a decade ago
Yeah but chill has only been here for 6 months so it wouldn't involve uconn unless chill did something in those 6 months which I don't believe

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if he comes here at this point. The mention he made of us singing Akinjo makes it seem like he's not happy about that. Carey seems like a kid who wants minutes right away and that's no guarantee at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom