4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report | Page 3 | The Boneyard

4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if he comes here at this point. The mention he made of us singing Akinjo makes it seem like he's not happy about that. Carey seems like a kid who wants minutes right away and that's no guarantee at UConn.
If he wanted to be here he should have committed. We're not going to sign anyone until he makes a decision? KO has to take the best talent that he can get as soon as he can get it.

Reaction Score
Perhaps we will get another player that is decisive about really wanting to play at Uconn. That would be special.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if he comes here at this point. The mention he made of us singing Akinjo makes it seem like he's not happy about that. Carey seems like a kid who wants minutes right away and that's no guarantee at UConn.
Guaranteed minutes plus unwillingness to share the spotlight it seems. I'm not taking this personally. I rather have a kid find what he prefers at the start than one who comes here because he doesn't know what he wants and causes chemistry problems before transferring.

Of course the Cuse forum and a few of the Cuse posters we've recently talked smack with will chalk this up as a win and proof they are in a superior position but that won't bother me one iota unlike, I suspect, one or two (or a hundred) of the posters in this forum.

I think Carey will be getting Enoched!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
There is also Jalen, AG, Vitale and Anderson on hand.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Seems to me that he wants PT, but prefers UConn, where he'd get less PT. I think he prefers UConn's system and coach, but prefers Cuse conference and PT. I think he's leaning Cuse just for PT sake, but might decide to be patient and be handed the keys to UConn in yr 2.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
He'd have a starting role likely right away. Akinjo would come off the bench, and we could start Gilbert, Carey and Vital. Carey is a legit 6'3", probably taller than Purvis who played a lot of the 3 while he was here.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He'd have a starting role likely right away. Akinjo would come off the bench, and we could start Gilbert, Carey and Vital. Carey is a legit 6'3", probably taller than Purvis who played a lot of the 3 while he was here.
He may also have to compete with Matthews as well. Minutes are there but he would be one of many fishes in the pond as opposed to the only one at Cuse.

Reaction Score
Cuse has us beat in terms of conference affiliation that won't change until we switch conferences.
If we were on even footing KO would be taking Boeheim to the woodshed.

I do like how we are wrapping up tough kids who want to be here instead of stiff-arming them while we hope a top 30 kid might pick us if the stars align just perfectly

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Cuse has us beat in terms of conference affiliation that won't change until we switch conferences.
If we were on even footing KO would be taking Boeheim to the woodshed.

I do like how we are wrapping up tough kids who want to be here instead of stiff-arming them while we hope a top 30 kid might pick us if the stars align just perfectly
That conference will be the walking dead during Carey's tenure there.

pj

Reaction Score
He would get good minutes at both schools but if he wants to stand out over and above his teammates, then his best chance is at Cuse. Here he'd share the ball more. If you want to be an NBA point guard, that's not a bad thing, but if you want numbers and press, then being the star of the show is attractive.

It seems his father really loves the ACC, the ESPN propaganda show, and publicity. I think our best chance is if Syracuse is implicated in the recruiting scandal (not an unlikely possibility).

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We've been giving away free ice cream for years. Could catch up to us. Hopefully there isn't a budget line item that shows this.
It's paid for through the Foundation. Shh.

Reaction Score
Is any uncommitted kid in the top 100 going to announce prior to the late spring?

Risky if you do. In fact, I'd commit but not sign in November.

Reaction Score
Is any uncommitted kid in the top 100 going to announce prior to the late spring?

Risky if you do. In fact, I'd commit but not sign in November.
Schools let kids out of signed LOIs all he time. The bigger thing is not to take classes if there’s a shred of doubt in your mind.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
??? Anderson will definitely be gone and Adams is 90% gone.
Anderson yes; my bad. Jalen, maybe. I hope he has a phenomenal year and takes us deep. Everything more or less depends on his improvement and performance.

Reaction Score

Not so sure about this. I think next year's lineup starts Gilbert, Vital, Wilson, and any 2 of Williams/Diarra/Cobb. Carey would likely be the sixth man.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not so sure about this. I think next year's lineup starts Gilbert, Vital, Wilson, and any 2 of Williams/Diarra/Cobb. Carey would likely be the sixth man.
There would be so much time available for someone versatile like him to play both guard spots off the bench. I guess he's worried Adams is staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom