4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report | Page 7 | The Boneyard

4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Kemba played in a tough big east.
Adams against crap teams in the aac.

Kemba had Stanley and Dyson etc his sophomore year etc went 7-11 in that tough BE.

Jalen had Rodney and Facey.

Reaction Score
Can we actually get an update on Carey's recruitment and where we stand with him at this point?

Apparently Carey plans to stick with his plan of announcing where he is signing on his birthday, next Wednesday October 11th. It is supposedly down to only Syracuse and us.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
How 'bout more haiku?
Pick positionless offense
and man-to-man D

Think of your future:
Celebrate your birthday and
become a Husky

But, like all others:
Come only if you want to
It's the UConn way

Reaction Score
Apparently Carey plans to stick with his plan of announcing where he is signing on his birthday, next Wednesday October 11th. It is supposedly down to only Syracuse and us.

Ollie was not going to put all his eggs in one basket on Carey and went forward with the Akinjo and Matthews commits. Boeheim gambled last year with his PG recruiting and missed out on Quade Green and had nothing left for PG recruits and ended up w/ a 3-star combo guard. Syracuse will be hurting at PG again this year even if they stay healthy. Boeheim did the same this year with everything focused on Carey and it will likely payoff this year. Whether Carey is successful at PG is to be determined.

Boeheim traditionally casts a much smaller recruiting net. Ollie, because of the less glamorous AAC schedule and a couple of mediocre seasons, casts a much broader net with more offers. Ollie's previous issue was that while he would cast a bigger net, he would still focus on just the big fish. That approach seems to have changed after getting burned with Diallo, MAL and likely others. Waiting on Carey may have pushed Akinjo and/or Matthews elsewhere. Waiting on Shittu would have pushed Kisunas elsewhere.

If either Shittu or Carey decided that UConn is their destination a scholarship would be found. But if a guard is looking for playing time and sees Gilbert, Akinjo, Vital, vs. Frank Howard and Howard Washington, Syracuse would have to be the favorite by far.

Reaction Score
He was comparing sophomore years.
No he wasn't.

gtcam said, "JA took more shot attempts last year than Kemba did in his most active UConn year."

Kemba's most active year by far was his junior year when he took 739 shots, 18 a game. In Kemba's sophomore year (UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Men's Basketball) he took 377 shots in 34 games, 11 a game (which was actually 3rd on the team behind Dyson and Stanley Robinson). Jalen took 404 shots in 32 games last year, almost 13 a game.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
It sure sounds like the only way it's not Cuse is if their name comes up in the investigation. Doesn't necessarily have to be before the 11th, of course, just at some point.

Reaction Score
No he wasn't.

gtcam said, "JA took more shot attempts last year than Kemba did in his most active UConn year."

Kemba's most active year by far was his junior year when he took 739 shots, 18 a game. In Kemba's sophomore year (UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Men's Basketball) he took 377 shots in 34 games, 11 a game (which was actually 3rd on the team behind Dyson and Stanley Robinson). Jalen took 404 shots in 32 games last year, almost 13 a game.

Yeah, I got gtcam confused with both Polycom and Excalibur on the previous page who both started the comparison of their sophomore years. I dont even know what "most active" means. Why wouldn't you say junior year?!!

C

Chief00

Ollie was not going to put all his eggs in one basket on Carey and went forward with the Akinjo and Matthews commits. Boeheim gambled last year with his PG recruiting and missed out on Quade Green and had nothing left for PG recruits and ended up w/ a 3-star combo guard. Syracuse will be hurting at PG again this year even if they stay healthy. Boeheim did the same this year with everything focused on Carey and it will likely payoff this year. Whether Carey is successful at PG is to be determined.

Boeheim traditionally casts a much smaller recruiting net. Ollie, because of the less glamorous AAC schedule and a couple of mediocre seasons, casts a much broader net with more offers. Ollie's previous issue was that while he would cast a bigger net, he would still focus on just the big fish. That approach seems to have changed after getting burned with Diallo, MAL and likely others. Waiting on Carey may have pushed Akinjo and/or Matthews elsewhere. Waiting on Shittu would have pushed Kisunas elsewhere.

If either Shittu or Carey decided that UConn is their destination a scholarship would be found. But if a guard is looking for playing time and sees Gilbert, Akinjo, Vital, vs. Frank Howard and Howard Washington, Syracuse would have to be the favorite by far.
Yes, core principle, if a guy is really good, he boards a ship.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
It sure sounds like the only way it's not Cuse is if their name comes up in the investigation. Doesn't necessarily have to be before the 11th, of course, just at some point.
We can always pray for this.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The comparison is between Kemba in college and Jalen in college. Not Kemba as a seasoned pro and Jalen. Jeez.
I'm not talking to you.

This conversation was not with you, and if you would stop butting in to make weak ass counters and actually read the discussion your quoting you would know no one is comparing a 4 year pro Kemba to a junior in college Jalen. It was just being pointed out Kemba has improved as a 3pt shooter since entering the league.

Seriously get lost every time you open your mouth you come off as a fool. The contingent on this board that treat every current player on this roster as some angel who is above any and all criticism or even discussion to the point of getting this defensive over a comment about one aspect of the guys game seriously make this place borderline unbearable 6 days a week.

Reaction Score
I'm not talking to you.

This conversation was not with you, and if you would stop butting in to make weak ass counters and actually read the discussion your quoting you would know no one is comparing a 4 year pro Kemba to a junior in college Jalen. It was just being pointed out Kemba has improved as a 3pt shooter since entering the league.

Seriously get lost every time you open your mouth you come off as a fool. The contingent on this board that treat every current player on this roster as some angel who is above any and all criticism or even discussion to the point of getting this defensive over a comment about one aspect of the guys game seriously make this place borderline unbearable 6 days a week.

Dunk your head in ice water. You're like one of those cartoon figures about to blow his stack.

You do know you're on the Boneyard, right? This isn't some private conversation. Stop being so dense.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Dunk your head in ice water. You're like one of those cartoon figures about to blow his stack.

You do know you're on the Boneyard, right? This isn't some private conversation. Stop being so dense.

I literally don't even know what you want from me. You keep quoting me with nothing to say. You know what? Jalen is an amazing 3pt shooter, maybe one of the greatest to ever shoot it. The numbers really don't lie and I was wrong, Jalen Adams will be drafted in the lottery and be going head to head with Stephen Curry and Chris Paul.

Is that better? Will you please leave me alone now. Really a huge mistake pointing out Jalen ISN'T an NBA caliber 3pt shooter, all the NBA I watch must have been Euroleage or something.

I have no patience for stupidity. Especially the type sayingbthis site isn't a private conversation while simultaneously getting everyone's comments mixed up and struggling to maintain a coherent conversation.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Am I the only one here who's getting the subtext that someone is bitter at Jalen for not having a good enough outside shot to have already played himself into the league, thereby making us look even worse compared to Kentucky? Or am I a bit kooky for thinking that?

Reaction Score
Am I the only one here who's getting the subtext that someone is bitter at Jalen for not having a good enough outside shot to have already played himself into the league, thereby making us look even worse compared to Kentucky? Or am I a bit kooky for thinking that?

just because you might be right Stair doesn't mean your not kooky!

BUConn10

Reaction Score
As usual yes, you are the only one thinking that. Good job making up a dumb reason for me to be critical of a player's actual deficiency, we all know there needs to be a subtext just to be able to say anything about one of our players. You go so far out of your way to parody everyone that you don't even realize you are the joke of every thread.

Stainmaster? Yes.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
As usual yes, you are the only one thinking that. You go so far out of your way to parody everyone that you don't even realize you are the joke of every thread.

Stainmaster? Yes.

I got called a joke by the dude whose behavior on this very page alone is the textbook definition of "mad online?" Okay then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom