2023 SC Gamecocks Basketball, Part II (merged) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2023 SC Gamecocks Basketball, Part II (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Held USF to 29% and out rebounded them by 27.

Just smothered them in the second half.

I thought the first half was a great battle.
Definitely close in the first quarter. This one really illustrated the tremendous depth and relentless rebounding of USC.

Dawn played all 14, 11 scored, 9 players double digit minutes and 24 offensive rebounds. All Husky fans we remember the 25 offensive rebounds USC collected on February 5. Just another day at the office as the Gamecocks extend their streak to 40.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best announcer in basketball Rebecca Lobo at the half of Georgia Iowa made the following comments about USC the presumptive national champion

1. They know who they are
2. 24 offensive rebounds
3. Deep roster

Reaction Score
Jada Walker (PG) out of Kentucky is in the Portal . At 5ft6-she was very effective as a PG in the SEc. I know the staff had interest the first time around when she was being recruited.

Reaction Score
Jada Walker (PG) out of Kentucky is in the Portal . At 5ft6-she was very effective as a PG in the SEc. I know the staff had interest the first time around when she was being recruited.
I doubt she would want to come here if she wants to be a starter. Next year is the beginning of Raven Johnson show. She would be a fantastic backup, though...

Reaction Score
Next year will be so different, but very entertaining to see how it fits.

Will probably regret the desire to see something new, but that's college.

Reaction Score
Next year will be so different, but very entertaining to see how it fits.

Will probably regret the desire to see something new, but that's college.
I’m with you. We have seen the “bench” often when they sub out 5 for 5. It’s instant energy, but IDK if they can sustain it for an entire game. There are some excellent defenders in that group (Breezy and Raven) so at least that’s a start. I think next year it’s going to be fun and frantic whereas this year has been slow and steady. Next year will be a team that gets better with time. Dawn better bring her patience. :).

Reaction Score

ESPNU airing hour long scrimmage Monday @ 5:00 est.

The McDAA game is Tuesday @ 6:30 est on ESPN2.

Greatly appreciate you posting this information. I always seem to miss out on watching this game.

Reaction Score
Tessa's Minnesota accent is chef's kiss .. give her every post game presser next year haha...
When I first heard her speak I was thrown off a little lol. It’s different but in a good way!

Reaction Score
Md had a great game plan, best one I have seen against SC in awhile. They just could not compete on the boards where S.C. had almost as many offensive rebounds as Md had total. SC is a beast.

Couldn't sustain the energy and foul trouble did the rest.

Then when the pressure on perimeter subsided, they paid the price in the paint.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
4 down two to go. None of the other three FF teams can beat SC. There are a lot of doubting Thomases on the UConn side. Some weren’t convinced SC would repeat. I think Iowa will give SC a better game than either LSU or Virginia Tech. I’ll be watching next week as I watched tonight. Your toughest game next week will be on Friday against Iowa. Congratulations Gamecock Nation.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Md had a great game plan, best one I have seen against SC in awhile. They just could not compete on the boards where S.C. had almost as many offensive rebounds as Md had total. SC is a beast.
Agreed. Brilliant game plan and great effort. Her team shot 50% from the floor and from 3, yet the game never felt like it was in question due to how dominant Maryland was on the glass. Shows how dominant SC can be even when another team plays great basketball.

Reaction Score
4 down two to go. None of the other three FF teams can beat SC. There are a lot of doubting Thomases on the UConn side. Some weren’t convinced SC would repeat. I think Iowa will give SC a better game than either LSU or Virginia Tech. I’ll be watching next week as I watched tonight. Your toughest game next week will be on Friday against Iowa. Congratulations Gamecock Nation.
I hate it when you say things like that! Quit trying to invoke a curse on us please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom