2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 31 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He averaged 5pts 4 rebounds a game. If Croswell is the one guarding Sanogo he will go off for 30pts against him. PC really doesn't have anyone to guard a good post player if the opposing team has one.
What do his offensive stats have to do with him guarding Sanogo? You are clueless here.

Reaction Score
What do his offensive stats have to do with him guarding Sanogo? You are clueless here.
Not sure, you were the one that brought up his offensive stats and I just countered that point. My initial argument was they have nobody to guard Sanogo

Reaction Score
Not sure, you were the one that brought up his offensive stats and I just countered that point. My initial argument was they have nobody to guard Sanogo
Thats fair, but what about the article i shared where Kansas talking about Croswell's physicality changing that game and getting Providence back into it ... cause then you just went to crickets unless it was badgering anyone else for having an opinion

Reaction Score
Croswell wont stay on the court long enough to put up 10 pts lmao. Guy can't go more than one possession without a stupid foul. The downgrade from Nate to him is massive considering that Croswell will be on the bench by the first TV timeout most games in foul trouble

Reaction Score
Thats fair, but what about the article i shared where Kansas talking about Croswell's physicality changing that game and getting Providence back into it ... cause then you just went to crickets unless it was badgering anyone else for having an opinion
An article with one Cooley quote doesn't change my opinion on him. Yeah he did play physical, 4 fouls in 19 minutes. What does that have to do with him guarding a 1st team all BE and KAJ candidate? Sanogo will eat him for lunch

Reaction Score
Croswell wont stay on the court long enough to put up 10 pts lmao. Guy can't go more than one possession without a stupid foul. The downgrade from Nate to him is massive considering that Croswell will be on the bench by the first TV timeout most games in foul trouble
That's exactly my point Watson and Croswell are not in the same league.

Reaction Score
An article with one Cooley quote doesn't change my opinion on him. Yeah he did play physical, 4 fouls in 19 minutes. What does that have to do with him guarding a 1st team all BE and KAJ candidate? Sanogo will eat him for lunch
I would think him helping hold a first team all tournament guy, and national champion to 8pts would have something to do with what he is able to do defensively.

Reaction Score
I would think him helping hold a first team all tournament guy, and national champion to 8pts would have something to do with what he is able to do defensively.
He also had 4 fouls in 18 minutes of play. It's infinitely easier to come off the bench and provide an energetic spark defensively than to be the guy doing that for the majority of the game. Even being a defensive spark he managed to give away 8 free throws in 18 minutes. That is pathetic and will hurt the team significantly

Reaction Score
Crowell vs. UConn this year
15min 5-6FG, 11pts, ...1 FOUL

good point man

Reaction Score
He also had 4 fouls in 18 minutes of play. It's infinitely easier to come off the bench and provide an energetic spark defensively than to be the guy doing that for the majority of the game. Even being a defensive spark he managed to give away 8 free throws in 18 minutes. That is pathetic and will hurt the team significantly
Was just typing up a similar post.

Croswell was highly effective in his minutes last year. The per 40 stats as listed above were good and his on/off stats were eye-opening. However, as mentioned he was incredibly foul prone. He will have to play more carefully as the starter, which will likely hurt his productivity to some extent, if he can even do it. But he will be serviceable at worst, and he will be tough to keep off the boards.

Moore is a legit high-level shotblocker who also limits his own fouls, at least at the mid-major level. He's going to be a problem in the paint. He could give Kalkbrenner a battle for DPOY. He just either needs to make more of his 3-point attempts or cut them out completely.

The 2 should form a nice offense/defense platoon.

Reaction Score
so he went from not being able to score 10pts ever ... to well we should just omit the time he did it because it doesn't fit your narrative (against UConn no less, guy has scored double digits plenty of times....and WERE TALKING DEFENSE ANYWAYS). Last week some guy got ripped apart in here for excluding losses the team had last year when bouknight wasn't playing when evaluating bouknight. But now excluding games IS allowed cause it fits your argument. I swear there is no consistency here. You pick which ever method fits your narrative. Im not saying Croswell is a stud by any means, and based on other ppl chiming in (even tho you don't want them to for some weird reason) Moore will likely be starting and Croswell will be playing the same roll he did last year, but only with more experience. I think they've put together a very solid team and have someho

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
How many fouls does he commit per 40 minutes?

Reaction Score
so he went from not being able to score 10pts ever ... to well we should just omit the time he did it because it doesn't fit your narrative (against UConn no less, guy has scored double digits plenty of times....and WERE TALKING DEFENSE ANYWAYS). Last week some guy got ripped apart in here for excluding losses the team had last year when bouknight wasn't playing when evaluating bouknight. But now excluding games IS allowed cause it fits your argument. I swear there is no consistency here. You pick which ever method fits your narrative. Im not saying Croswell is a stud by any means, and based on other ppl chiming in (even tho you don't want them to for some weird reason) Moore will likely be starting and Croswell will be playing the same roll he did last year, but only with more experience. I think they've put together a very solid team and have someho
No BIIIG, it didn't fit YOUR narrative

Reaction Score
No BIIIG, it didn't fit YOUR narrative
you said the guy wont be able to score 10 pts cause he's in foul trouble always .... i come at you with a game where he scored over 10 and only had 1 foul, then you guys said it doesnt count casue sanogo didn't play. Well we're talking about providence not just providnece vs. uconn. soooooo seems like you are the one changing the narrative, if you arent well...

against Texas Tech 11pts 3 fouls
against URI 13pts 2 fouls
against UConn 11pts 1 foul
against Marquette 11pts 3 fouls
against Georgetown 15pts 3fouls
against Butler 10pts 1 foul
against Xavier 10pts 3fouls

where all of their big men hurt so they dont count or were you just arguing baselessly?

Reaction Score
you said the guy wont be able to score 10 pts cause he's in foul trouble always .... i come at you with a game where he scored over 10 and only had 1 foul, then you guys said it doesnt count casue sanogo didn't play. Well we're talking about providence not just providnece vs. uconn. soooooo seems like you are the one changing the narrative, if you arent well...

against Texas Tech 11pts 3 fouls
against URI 13pts 2 fouls
against UConn 11pts 1 foul
against Marquette 11pts 3 fouls
against Georgetown 15pts 3fouls
against Butler 10pts 1 foul
against Xavier 10pts 3fouls

where all of their big men hurt so they dont count or were you just arguing baselessly?
All of this is with the benefit of coming off of the bench; the game is going to change for him significantly without the aide of Watson taking the majority of the minutes. That's the point we're making. It's not that hard to see

Reaction Score
Im not saying Croswell is a stud by any means, and based on other ppl chiming in (even tho you don't want them to for some weird reason) Moore will likely be starting and Croswell will be playing the same roll he did last year, but only with more experience.
^

Reaction Score
Don't act like that was your argument. You took what MrSEC said and added it to yours. Its obvious you had no clue who Moore was when you starting dying on the Croswell hill. Here is your initial argument

I think Ed Croswell gonna slide right into that roll a lot easier than you think. Per 40 min he was averaging 14ppg, and 12.7rpg to Watsons 7.4rpg per 40. Croswell is definitely a dropoff scoring wise compared to Watson but with all the guards they picked up they may not need to rely on the post scoring the way they did last year. College hoops is a guards game afterall

Reaction Score
Yes, Ed has done a good job in the portal. He identified his targets and signed many of them.

What's going on with us and the portal? Been awful quite lately. Anyone think that the staff knows of someone who hasn't hit the portal yet?

Reaction Score
Don't act like that was your argument. You took what MrSEC said and added it to yours. Its obvious you had no clue who Moore was when you starting dying on the Croswell hill. Here is your initial argument
uhhh, was pretty transparent with everything
and based on other ppl chiming in (even tho you don't want them to for some weird reason) Moore will likely be starting and Croswell will be playing the same roll he did last year, but only with more experience. I think they've put together a very solid team and have someho
seems like i acknowledged someone else made a point, listened, and updated my thoughts on the matter. That being said, from the jump I never said he was gonna be a stud, in fact I emphasized that point throughout
Croswell is definitely a dropoff scoring wise compared to Watson but with all the guards they picked up they may not need to rely on the post scoring the way they did last year. College hoops is a guards game afterall
AND
Im not saying Croswell is a stud by any means

Meanwhile you got mad when other ppl chirped in.
Stay out of the conversation

This isn't some one on one battle, its a discussion. How am i being blamed for updated my thoughts and listening to other ppl's points of views to educate myself on the topic, when you're TRYING TO SILENCE THE PEOPLE. I think Croswell is going to be a decent piece for them next year and I'm fairly confident he's going to surprise a few boneyard posters if this is how he's currently being seen.

Reaction Score
new mexico st didnt have a guy to stop sanogo, and yet......

I think Croswell/Moore is a perfectly capable big east center duo, and I don't anticipate UConn taking the matchup lightly. Maybe you guys will. Providence is going to have a good team again. Would like to actually beat them or Creighton instead of just talking about how we were better 8 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom