2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can we get the next hint from the new go-to insider Mr. BiiiG lol
Im not an insider

171202.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I see a path to 20 MPG for Johnson, but I see that with the bulk of his minutes as the primary big on the floor. 12-14 mpg.

I think a 2 big lineup will be situational or change of pace. 6-8 mpg.

I feel like you’re way too rigid on “traditional” player positions and roles.

Basketball now is moving towards being position-less guards and bigs. Aka, guys with handle who can create their own shots or guys who can’t.

“4 out” didn’t work too well last year with guys like Polley or Akok who couldn’t create anything for themselves.

Johnson not at the point where he can create his own shot. Once he does, he’ll be Deandre Daniels 2.0 and have plenty of starter minutes available at the 4.
Objection: assumes facts not in evidence. You have no idea whether he can or cannot create his own shot. He can put it on the floor and hit 3s. Meanwhile it's a dumb criteria. We had two such players last year, Cole and Martin. The game has changed, and "creating your own shot" was a skill you had to have in the old ISO style offenses. Now you expect player and ball motion to create open shots. You need shot makers, passers and ball and player motion.

Meanwhile, every single time this comes up, all I hear is offense, offense, offense. The reason you want that size is defense, defense, defense. The reason 4 out didn't work well wasn't Polley or Akok, both of whom were threats from outside, it was Jackson and Whaley playing together. We are counting on Jackson being better. But Creighton won't leave Johnson alone outside the way they did Whaley. Offensively, he brings a weak side ability to attack the basket on baseline cuts that is going to make it very hard to double Sanogo. It's what you see all the time now in the NBA.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Objection: assumes facts not in evidence. You have no idea whether he can or cannot create his own shot. He can put it on the floor and hit 3s. Meanwhile it's a dumb criteria. We had two such players last year, Cole and Martin. The game has changed, and "creating your own shot" was a skill you had to have in the old ISO style offenses. Now you expect player and ball motion to create open shots. You need shot makers, passers and ball and player motion.

Meanwhile, every single time this comes up, all I hear is offense, offense, offense. The reason you want that size is defense, defense, defense. The reason 4 out didn't work well wasn't Polley or Akok, both of whom were threats from outside, it was Jackson and Whaley playing together. We are counting on Jackson being better. But Creighton won't leave Johnson alone outside the way they did Whaley. Offensively, he brings a weak side ability to attack the basket on baseline cuts that is going to make it very hard to double Sanogo. It's what you see all the time now in the NBA.
I’m not arguing he won’t get minutes at the 4, but I think it’ll be more exception than norm.

You’ve posted his HS mixtapes on here. I’ve watched them. Plus he played a few minutes last year.

That’s what I’m making my assumption on.

Not a single highlight of him being able to dribble competently, let alone the ability to do anything other than dunk over 6’6” guys and pop the occasion 3.

And FWIW, Whaley hit 4 3’s vs creigton if I remember correctly. Didn’t change the outcome of that one.

If Johnson’s only ability outside of the paint is to hit a spot up 3, then creighton will take him out of the game the same way they took Polley out of the game last year (8 total points over 2 contests). That’s what hurt us in that one.

Reaction Score
@UCSouth doing their daily, dislike all of BIIIG's posts, for no reason other than them being posted by BIIIG. Notice how I say this from the actual BIIIG account and not a burner. Its time for us Non-Thousand-Messages posters to rally against the 1% who aim to keep us down. The Revolution Starts Now!

Reaction Score
Providence is killing it in the portal. Give credit to Cooley. He definitely reloaded. Should be great games next year

Reaction Score
Providence is killing it in the portal. Give credit to Cooley. He definitely reloaded. Should be great games next year
Yes, Ed has done a good job in the portal. He identified his targets and signed many of them.

Reaction Score
Cooley is the Mussleman @ Nevada from a few years back.
A good providence is good for the BE

Reaction Score
I am still fond of Akok. Love his energy, effort, just seemed like a terrific young man. Still think he should have played a lot more. Hope he has a great year wherever he lands.

As for Johnson, we need a legit 4 man that can both step out and hit 3s, rebound and protect the rim inside. As long as Dan is going to keep pulling his 5 from the paint, a shotblocking long 4 is critical to our defense. Johnson is the best 4 option we have, and the best backup 5 we have. He will have a field day dunking on lobs from AJax and Newton.

I wouldn't want Jackson at the 4 unless Clingan is at the 5 and he's staying in or around the paint.
I think Akok is a good help defender from the weak side, a good shot blocker and probably a good 3 ball shooter from the corner. The issue is 1x1 post defense strength. Additionally, he never seemed to fully recover his lateral ability from his injury, thus making him a liability as a perimeter defender in Hurley’s defensive scheme.

Reaction Score
I saw them grab a ton of guards but do they have any type of replacement for Watson? Sanogo will eat anyone on that current roster alive.

Reaction Score
I saw them grab a ton of guards but do they have any type of replacement for Watson? Sanogo will eat anyone on that current roster alive.
I think Ed Croswell gonna slide right into that roll a lot easier than you think. Per 40 min he was averaging 14ppg, and 12.7rpg to Watsons 7.4rpg per 40. Croswell is definitely a dropoff scoring wise compared to Watson but with all the guards they picked up they may not need to rely on the post scoring the way they did last year. College hoops is a guards game afterall

Reaction Score
I think Ed Croswell gonna slide right into that roll a lot easier than you think. Per 40 min he was averaging 14ppg, and 12.7rpg to Watsons 7.4rpg per 40. Croswell is definitely a dropoff scoring wise compared to Watson but with all the guards they picked up they may not need to rely on the post scoring the way they did last year. College hoops is a guards game afterall
He obliterated the Mitchells in the final few mins of the half of a at the time close URI-PC game.

They wanted no parts of him like John Starks wanted no parts of those clutch free throws vs Indiana in the 90s lol (I was a Knicks fan) as said by Mark Jackson!

Reaction Score
He averaged 5pts 4 rebounds a game. If Croswell is the one guarding Sanogo he will go off for 30pts against him. PC really doesn't have anyone to guard a good post player if the opposing team has one.

Reaction Score
He averaged 5pts 4 rebounds a game. If Croswell is the one guarding Sanogo he will go off for 30pts against him. PC really doesn't have anyone to guard a good post player if the opposing team has one.
What do his offensive stats have to do with him guarding Sanogo? You are clueless here.

Reaction Score

Not saying he's a defensive stud but don't think you are giving him enough credit. Did a great job on McCormack against Kansas in their last game of the year. Was even the talking point of the article from kansas's website

Picture0005.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32