2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 35 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Analytics huh? Many sports trending that way not a fan but we will see. I kinda hope the coaching staff can watch a kid a few times and figure it out but I get it, just another option or view of a kid’s strengths/weaknesses.

I think it has a place, but it needs to be weighted appropriately. It should be a piece of the puzzle, not the determining factor. Players are human beings so there are many other factors that a coach needs to evaluate.

Reaction Score

espn right on the money for once

After not utilizing the transfer portal last spring, UConn has been one of the busier programs in terms of comings and goings. The Huskies saw Jalen Gaffney, Akok Akok, Rahsool Diggins and Corey Floyd Jr., enter, and they responded by solidifying their backcourt with the additions of Tristen Newton (East Carolina) and Nahiem Alleyne (Virginia Tech). Newton was one of the best point guards in the portal, while Alleyne is a very good shooter with size. Star big man Adama Sanogo returns up front, and he'll anchor the team offensively and on the glass. Andre Jackson and Jordan Hawkins will look to take the next step in their development on the wings, with talented freshmen Donovan Clingan and Alex Karaban providing frontcourt reinforcements. If they can shore up the backcourt depth, the Huskies are in very good shape.

Projected starting lineup:

Tristen Newton (17.7 PPG at East Carolina)
Jordan Hawkins (5.8 PPG)
Nahiem Alleyne (9.6 PPG at Virginia Tech)
Andre Jackson (6.8 PPG)
Adama Sanogo (14.8 PPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member