2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 34 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Was just trying to make wordplay lol, I have no idea about him.
Ahh ok. When I saw his post, I thought "ok, unheralded CG with some size, this is exactly what we'd want on the bench this year", kind of a future potential Vital.

Reaction Score
Himmler had something similar.
17EE34A8-7686-4FDC-BCB4-2D4C7B2F9921.png

Reaction Score
Buried in this piece about HDI analytics...

The most ideal fit would be a ballhandler with multiple years of eligibility who might come off the bench next season but compete for a starting job in the future. The staff appears close to getting such a player on campus for a visit.

This staff loves mystery players.

Reaction Score
Analytics huh? Many sports trending that way not a fan but we will see. I kinda hope the coaching staff can watch a kid a few times and figure it out but I get it, just another option or view of a kid’s strengths/weaknesses.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pulled this from the Analytics article. Seems about right to me.

With Newton and Alleyne in tow along with returnees Jordan Hawkins and Andre Jackson, the most ideal fit might be a ballhandler with multiple years of eligibility who might come off the bench next season but compete for a starting job in the future. The staff appears close to getting such a player or two on campus for a visit.

UConn is also considering Class of 2022 high school recruits and/or international players. Junior college players aren’t a focus right now, but not entirely out of the question.

Reaction Score
What transfers are we currently recruiting?
In top 5 for Femi Odukale, he has been radio silent on his recruitment since dropping that top 5 a couple weeks ago that included UConn. Think he made a visit to URI a couple weeks ago.

They were recruiting Rudi Williams, but appears that recruitment has cooled since getting Alleyne so I would consider that out.

They reached out to Courtney Ramey as well but after he played at PIT and getting Newton and Alleyne it appears UConn is out.

Dexter Dennis is out there as well but he appears to be headed elsewhere since his recruitment has been pretty public with no mention of UConn recently.

Basically it's either Femi (which I think would be a great get for reasons previously cited), or it's a player we have yet to hear about at this point like a Max Jones at DII Tampa since I saw some people tweeting about him last week. Haven't seen anything official but I wonder if he is one of the guys being talked about.

People have also discussed on here about Hassan Diarra given his brother is on that staff and he's from the area. No clue if staff is interested but the only other name from Jones that seems to be getting thrown around without anything official attached to it.

Reaction Score
VILLANOVA STATUS. Every eligible returning player and recruit except Bryan Antoiine is returning for 2022-2023. That's Daniels, Slater, Dixon, Moore (pending Achilles recovery), Patterson, Nojoku, Brizzi, Arcidiacono and freshman recruits Whitmore, Armstrong and Hausen. Plus, the entire assistants coaching staff and strength coach Shackleford. Yes, Jay is gone as are Gillespie and Samuels, but ............

Curiouser
Reaction Score
VILLANOVA STATUS. Every eligible returning player and recruit except Bryan Antoiine is returning for 2022-2023. That's Daniels, Slater, Dixon, Moore (pending Achilles recovery), Patterson, Nojoku, Brizzi, Arcidiacono and freshman recruits Whitmore, Armstrong and Hausen. Plus, the entire assistants coaching staff and strength coach Shackleford. Yes, Jay is gone as are Gillespie and Samuels, but ............
Thank you for your interest in Connecticut basketball.

Reaction Score
In top 5 for Femi Odukale, he has been radio silent on his recruitment since dropping that top 5 a couple weeks ago that included UConn. Think he made a visit to URI a couple weeks ago.

They were recruiting Rudi Williams, but appears that recruitment has cooled since getting Alleyne so I would consider that out.

They reached out to Courtney Ramey as well but after he played at PIT and getting Newton and Alleyne it appears UConn is out.

Dexter Dennis is out there as well but he appears to be headed elsewhere since his recruitment has been pretty public with no mention of UConn recently.

Basically it's either Femi (which I think would be a great get for reasons previously cited), or it's a player we have yet to hear about at this point like a Max Jones at DII Tampa since I saw some people tweeting about him last week. Haven't seen anything official but I wonder if he is one of the guys being talked about.

People have also discussed on here about Hassan Diarra given his brother is on that staff and he's from the area. No clue if staff is interested but the only other name from Jones that seems to be getting thrown around without anything official attached to it.

They are very much interested in Diarra.

Reaction Score
So...

Reaction Score

Can’t find these tweets. You mind embedding them on here?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Moore is their best player and won’t return next year most likely. That does though provide opportunity for Whitmore to step up

Reaction Score

Some of those names couldn’t even find minutes on a team desperate for more answers in the FF with a huge injury. But whatever they’ll be ok no doubt.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
From the HDI article:

The staff has spent this past week on the recruiting trail, seeing 2023 and 2024 recruits, as well as potential transfers, in person. Their 2023 targets include Isaiah Coleman, a 6-5 wing from Maryland; Taison Chatman, a 6-4 shooting guard from Minnesota; Solomon Ball, a 6-3 combo guard from Maryland; Andrej Sojakavic, a 6-6 small forward from California; Darius Carr, a 6-2 combo guard from California; Elmarko Jackson, a 6-3 point guard from New Jersey; JP Estrella, a 6-9 center from Maine; Kaden Cooper, a 6-5 small forward from Georgia; and Ugonna Kingsley, a 6-11 center from Putnam Science Academy.

Their 2024 targets include Ian Jackson, a 6-4 shooting guard from the Bronx, Kur Teng, a 6-4 shooting guard from Massachusetts, and Tahaad Pettiford, a 5-11 point guard from New Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom