2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Feel like we're not doing so great this offseason. When we got Newton, I thought the flood gates might open. But at this point we're still minus 2 players, and Castle doesn't look to be reclassing. On top of that, we don't really even have any leads on who we might be targeting. Very strange.

Reaction Score
Feel like we're not doing so great this offseason. When we got Newton, I thought the flood gates might open. But at this point we're still minus 2 players, and Castle doesn't look to be reclassing. On top of that, we don't really even have any leads on who we might be targeting. Very strange.
See I think Castle is coming early, we’ll snag a development guy snd try to find a guard willing to come off the bench.

Reaction Score
Be patient. Newton was one of the most sought after transfer and we nabbed him. Castle is most certainly still in play, I wouldn't take the article that came out last week too seriously. He's not going to say I'm reclassing for sure until he has to this summer.

This staff has a plan and there's no reason to not be patient and trust the process.

Reaction Score
Tea leaves suggest the staff is taking it easy a little bit on the transfer front right now while we see who else is going to enter by the deadline next week. We got one really good and one decent option to fill in our 9 man rotation, and now we just need to fill depth. It's a HS live period and it definitely seems like the coaches are focusing on that while they can. They will see who's left without a home In a bit and try to find that guy that wanted to be a starter or 6th man somewhere, but there's no good options left, and we can grab them for the bench.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Tea leaves suggest the staff is taking it easy a little bit on the transfer front right now while we see who else is going to enter by the deadline next week. We got one really good and one decent option to fill in our 9 man rotation, and now we just need to fill depth. It's a HS live period and it definitely seems like the coaches are focusing on that while they can. They will see who's left without a home In a bit and try to find that guy that wanted to be a starter or 6th man somewhere, but there's no good options left, and we can grab them for the bench.
It’s an 8 man rotation right now unless you’re counting Springs or assuming the reclass will happen. Either way, we’re an injury away from not even being able to practice 5 on 5.

I’m pretty bummed that we apparently can’t even entice someone like Odukale to come after Alleyne. Feels like we’re locked into having no depth

Reaction Score
It’s an 8 man rotation right now unless you’re counting Springs or assuming the reclass will happen. Either way, we’re an injury away from not even being able to practice 5 on 5.

I’m pretty bummed that we apparently can’t even entice someone like Odukale to come after Alleyne. Feels like we’re locked into having no depth
I’d just say be patient. Guaranteed to have at least 11 roster players by summer, maybe 12. I’m sure Hurley will leave one open for someone to come mid semester from the 2023 class.

Reaction Score

Maybe it's just blind optimism but I think the group of players willing to accept a depth role right now will be significantly worse than the group of players willing to accept a depth role in 3-4 weeks. I still expect 1 more player to come who's in the rotation

Reaction Score

Do you think it is easy to get a guy who started and used the 2nd most possessions on an ACC team to be the 4th or 5th guard and 2nd or 3rd off the bench here (depending on Castle)? And based on how he played on offense at Pitt, that's probably what he should be. But he won't want to believe it.

It'll be easier to get those types of guys when the music stops and people start scrambling for chairs.

Reaction Score
I’m sure the staff has a plan in place, but they could just be waiting until May 1st to prioritize the next portal target, given it’s the deadline to enter the portal.

Even today a massive transfer hit the market, Malachi Smith from Chattanooga.

Reaction Score

There's still 1000 players to pick from and more to come (deadline to enter is May 1st). Patience my friend, patience.

Reaction Score
I’m sure the staff has a plan in place, but they could just be waiting until May 1st to prioritize the next portal target, given it’s the deadline to enter the portal.

Even today a massive transfer hit the market, Malachi Smith from Chattanooga.
Yep, it was tough to read all the tiny mascot logos on there for who reached out to him haha, but did see we're on that list

Reaction Score
Yep, it was tough to read all the tiny mascot logos on there for who reached out to him haha, but did see we're on that list
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Unless your post was itself a joke, in which case this gif applies to me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Maybe it's just blind optimism but I think the group of players willing to accept a depth role right now will be significantly worse than the group of players willing to accept a depth role in 3-4 weeks. I still expect 1 more player to come who's in the rotation
I agree fully.

Once the May 1 deadline passes (and all schools know the entirety of the transfer portal population) prime open starting spots will be filled followed by a rush of student-athletes looking to be sure they have a landing spot when this game if musical chairs ends.

Late May to mid June should be similar to second phase NFL free agency (when camps start) in that many players will face the reality that they cannot command what they had initially hoped to.

I'll even add that beyond one or two solid depth pieces, we could also add one or two end of the roster, emergency ball handlers (senior year, legitimate point guards who would need to be at a far lower level to earn starter minutes but like the idea of being part of a legitimate top tier school) to complete the team.

I also will reiterate that these additions will be independent of Castle's enrollment solely because they will need to be added well before we will have an answer on when Castle will join the program.

Reaction Score

we're gonna get a 1 more good G to round out the 9 man rotation and we cant ask for more than that. every team in the final 4 was an injury away from disaster. it happened to Nova. UNC also had a 6 man rotation. KU and Duke went 8 deep. no one knows better than us that you need some luck to win. the portal has crushed the ability to accumulate depth but at least almost everyone will be in the same boat

Last edited:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Do you think it is easy to get a guy who started and used the 2nd most possessions on an ACC team to be the 4th or 5th guard and 2nd or 3rd off the bench here (depending on Castle)? And based on how he played on offense at Pitt, that's probably what he should be. But he won't want to believe it.

It'll be easier to get those types of guys when the music stops and people start scrambling for chairs.

I agree with that fully Auror, and you guys are both getting to the same point which is that we’ll have to strike when kids unsigned kids start to sweat. I hope it works out for us.

Reaction Score
We've already seen 3-4 more impactful kids that in theory could and likely would be positive contributors to this team, jump into the portal just today. They definitely need one more good rotation player and I'm not worried they will be able to find one amongst the 1,000+ guys still uncommitted.

Reaction Score
UConn has seemingly been out since getting Newton, but someone will get some good news soon

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well I doubt Solo Ball would be a pure point.
He's a CG, which we need for depth. But the question is: is he a developmental guy for this year, or next year? I'm not sure.

Reaction Score
He's a 2023 recruit, we've been offering a ton of 2023 HS guys this week since the window to contact recruits closes tomorrow
Unranked kid at the moment. Plays at Saint James in MD where I’m from. Seems to be an under the radar kid who may have had a coming out party with Team Melo over the weekend

Reaction Score
we're gonna get a 1 more good G to round out the 9 man rotation and we cant ask for more than that. every team in the final 4 was an injury away from disaster. it happened to Nova. UNC also had a 6 man rotation. KU and Duke went 8 deep. no one knows better than us that you need some luck to win. the portal has crushed the ability to accumulate depth but at least almost everyone will be in the same boat
Agreed - we need 7 or 8 REALLY good players - much more than depth down to the 10th man.

Reaction Score
He's a CG, which we need for depth. But the question is: is he a developmental guy for this year, or next year? I'm not sure.
Was just trying to make wordplay lol, I have no idea about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom