2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 52 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTC

Reaction Score
How did you come up with those percentages? Those sound rectally extracted.

Sounds good.
What time frame did you have in mind?
:eek:
Certainly before the last day before LOI day. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see our coaching staff came up a little "short" in last year's recruiting. It doesn't matter if you use linear regression or basic math to see we need to "grow" our recruiting approach.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Certainly before the last day before LOI day. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see our coaching staff came up a little "short" in last year's recruiting. It doesn't matter if you use linear regression or basic math to see we need to "grow" our recruiting approach.

I'm just trying to help you out here! Don't be so salty! When you said: "we need to put deadlines for when to go after seconday targets" i figured you need my help figuring that out because you seem to be confused + you said "we".
Let's just throw some dates on the wall see if any of them catch your fancy.
Early Signing period will be ~ Nov 14 of 2019.
Regular Signing Period will be ~April 17 of 2020.
Official visits for that class can start until the Tues after the FF which is April 9th.

I believe that together "we" can grow 'our" recruiting approach. Head bang

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm just trying to help you out here! Don't be so salty! When you said: "we need to put deadlines for when to go after seconday targets" i figured you need my help figuring that out because you seem to be confused + you said "we".
Let's just throw some dates on the wall see if any of them catch your fancy.
Early Signing period will be ~ Nov 14 of 2019.
Regular Signing Period will be ~April 17 of 2020.
Official visits for that class can start until the Tues after the FF which is April 9th.

I believe that together "we" can grow 'our" recruiting approach. Head bang

And Home Visits for this class (2020) can start in March, if memory holds, right?

MTC

Reaction Score
And Home Visits for this class (2020) can start in March, if memory holds, right?
You probably need an individual deadline for each recruit based upon their response to the recruiters' efforts. If the recruits are expanding their lists of schools of interest = red flag. We cannot afford another recruiting class of one. Actually I think now is the time to make some tough decisions.

Reaction Score
I sure would be interested to see the reaction of this board if Angel Reese committed. I guess that is a sign that she is indeed a UConn recruit. Clearly the staff sees something in her that many here don’t. I won’t question them!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
She's listed at 5'4" on her HS roster. Another source listed her at 5'5" in the summer/fall. I want to see her next to Jas Lister.

She's in 9th grade, so she could grow. I think she's close to Crystal's height at this point. Jaelyn is extremely quick and shifty. She made 9 treys in one game this year.

She is fun, fun, fun!
She is fun for sure. The intro page to the video says she's 5-6".

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I sure would be interested to see the reaction of this board if Angel Reese committed. I guess that is a sign that she is indeed a UConn recruit. Clearly the staff sees something in her that many here don’t. I won’t question them!
If Reese commits to UCONN I will definitely continue to question her recruitment until I see a major change in her effort and attitude especially the poor body language. I also believe there are many more skilled players in the class at that position (Sf/PF), like Daniels, Marshall, Ware, Edwards, & Bessoir.

Reaction Score
Highlights of Anna Makurat. She reminds me a bit of D in her release and her passing. Would be a great addition

Highlights

Article in today’s Journal Inquierer about recruitment of Anna Makurat, 6 foot combo out of Poland. Also mentions Nika Muhl. Both could be of some serious help next season. Makurat currently plays with Rebecca Allen and Emma Cannon of the WNBA

Link to story

Reaction Score
Article in today’s Journal Inquierer about recruitment of Anna Makurat, 6 foot combo out of Poland. Also mentions Nika Muhl. Both could be of some serious help next season. Makurat currently plays with Rebecca Allen and Emma Cannon of the WNBA

Link to story

the article says UConn currently has ten players as of now on next year's roster...............I count nine with BC and Griffin.............am I forgetting someone?

"The Huskies’ roster for 2019-20 currently stands at 10 with the graduations of Katie Lou Samuelson and Napheesa Collier and the addition of McDonald’s All-American recruit Aubrey Griffin from Ossining, New York."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Highlights of Anna Makurat. She reminds me a bit of D in her release and her passing. Would be a great addition

Highlights
Anna reminds me of Diana. Her sister is playing in the U.S. (actually sitting out a year after transferring from Liberty to Utah). I hope Anna decides to come to the U.S. as well. Fingers crossed big time!!

Reaction Score

Link to story

perhaps the only downside with these foreign players is that they can leave pretty much whenever they like to turn pro..................not the end of the world if you are looking for immediate help........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What's the skinny on Nika Muhl?
She is good. Class of 2019. Will be Charlotte this weekend for NBA all star weekend.
She is European likely has to decide between going pro and college in US.
Listed 4 US colleges of interest including UCONN, Oregon, USF ??

Reactions: MTC

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
She is good. Class of 2019. Will be Charlotte this weekend for NBA all star weekend.
Thanks, Coco.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

UConn, Louisville, South Florida, Ohio State, and Oregon.

Reaction Score
If Reese commits to UCONN I will definitely continue to question her recruitment until I see a major change in her effort and attitude especially the poor body language. I also believe there are many more skilled players in the class at that position (Sf/PF), like Daniels, Marshall, Ware, Edwards, & Bessoir.
Mixed feelings. My limited view of Reese is that she is highly skilled and brings energy where ever she plays. The devil on my other shoulder remembers how KLS used the size of the SC guards to her advantage last night. Not many 6'3" guards like Katy Lou but many 6'ers that would take Reese inside every play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom