2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 129 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn was in attendance for the Heart of Texas Showcase today. Alongside Baylor, Texas, Louisville, MSS, Mizzou, and FSU, they watched a game between 9th graders TraeYoungElite and Maryland's Finest. I can't figure out who they were there to see. Trae Young only lists the boys rosters on their website, go figure. Here is the Maryland roster.

maybe another Aaliyah?..................Aaliyah Henderson a highly regarded guard out of Oklahoma who I think plays for '23 TY Elite...........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
maybe another Aaliyah?...Aaliyah Henderson a highly regarded guard out of Oklahoma who I think plays for '23 TY Elite......

Not a bad guess.

Aaliyah Henderson – 5’8 CG – 2023 – Irving MS – OK Lady Thunder – Well developed player for her age, with huge upside, maybe the best upside of any player at the event. Her body is strong and athletic, she already has good size for a guard, and could easily pass for a HS player. Lefty with legit handles and super explosive athlete who finishes drives to the rim.

This article on Oklahoma players claims Henderson is ranked #1 in her class nationally though it doesn't cite the outlet. Also mentioned in the article is Braydin Russell, a highly thought of shooting guard who was also on display in that game as she too plays for Trae Young Elite.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In fact, Henderson seems to have impressed a lot of people already. I have to believe she's the top reason for all the big-name schools watching today.

Last but not least is Aaliyah Henderson, there are several D1 LOCKS on this squad and she is definitely one and doing some unreal stuff at this age certainly left a lasting impression. Her energy and explosiveness changes the momentum of games and her ability to score , well trust me .......

Reaction Score
There are a lot of teams down at that tournament. Mostly from TX, OK, and LA. Team Takeover from MD and Exodus NYC are in that tournament.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
There are a lot of teams down at that tournament. Mostly from TX, OK, and LA. Team Takeover from MD and Exodus NYC are in that tournament.

Indeed, Caroline Ducharme played yesterday. I'd be surprised if UConn didn't watch.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hanna Gusters and her ProSkills team will be streamed live at 7:30 PM central.

Reaction Score
I see some people complaining about our Polish recruits 3 point percentages being in the mid 30"s. But I was reading that the 3 point shot in international ball for the ladies is longer than the NCAA 3 point shot. So a lower percentage might still be pretty good, translate into an over 40 for the NCAA distance. Is that correct?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I see some people complaining about our Polish recruits 3 point percentages being in the mid 30"s. But I was reading that the 3 point shot in international ball for the ladies is longer than the NCAA 3 point shot. So a lower percentage might still be pretty good, translate into an over 40 for the NCAA distance. Is that correct?
This is a point that @UConnCat has made several times, but the worrisome among us will still worry. It is what they do.

Reaction Score

Makurat's 3 pt % was 29.9% and I don't see the 1' 43/4" difference between the international 3pt line and the NCAA 3pt making very much difference. The NCAA experimented using the international 3pt line during pre season exhibition games and the results were virtually the same.

Reaction Score
Makurat's 3 pt % was 29.9% and I don't see the 1' 43/4" difference between the international 3pt line and the NCAA 3pt making very much difference. The NCAA experimented using the international 3pt line during pre season exhibition games and the results were virtually the same.

It's inconceivable that the percentages would be virtually the same with the line back 1 foot and 4 and 3/4 inches. Please cite the statistics and source.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not very impressive in this tape

I haven't watched it yet, but she apparently scored 18 points. I saw a tweet stating her team was doing a poor job getting her the ball inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom