2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 45 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Paige is not going to UCONN .. Geno once again will lose out on many recruits. As long as UCONN is in the horendus American recruits are going elsewhere. Kids want to be challenged not go into a conference where there going to win everynight buy 40. Sadly UCONN’s dynasty is coming to a end.. everyone is ready to jump over 2 losses , be prepared for next season.,, it’s going to be bad in so many ways.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score

Yep...it is all over, bleedblue...says that players will ignore the opportunity to play for a Hall of Fame coach and Hall of Fame Associate Coach, a cracker-jack staff, a team that has won 11 National Championships, a fan base that supports its players no matter where they play, a top 5 SOS and RPI schedule every year just because they currently play in the AAC. Truth be told...until Geno leaves kids will continue to come to UConn and Geno will continue to make his out of conference schedule one of the most difficult in the country. In the meantime just like the old Big East the AAC will continue to improve its recruiting and level of play...can't forget how with UConn in the conference the old Big East became the most competitive conference in the country as the other teams in the conference stepped up their game. The old Big East even rose to challenge the high vaulted SEC and ACC.

Reaction Score
Paige is not going to UCONN .. Geno once again will lose out on many recruits. As long as UCONN is in the horendus American recruits are going elsewhere. Kids want to be challenged not go into a conference where there going to win everynight buy 40. Sadly UCONN’s dynasty is coming to a end.. everyone is ready to jump over 2 losses , be prepared for next season.,, it’s going to be bad in so many ways.

Maybe you could add some terms like "I THINK," or "I HAVE NO INSIDE INFORMATION, BUT" instead of speaking authoritatively as if you know Paige is not coming. People love to spout opinion as fact and present opinion as fact.

Reaction Score
:p Ha ha. Another troller. UConn has played one of the toughest schedules in the country for many years. Biggest nationally televised games each year usually include UConn. When Tom Brady turned 35, you likely said he was done as well.

Reaction Score
We lost Boston who went to dozens of UCONN games... makes u think!!! Haley jones chose Stanford because she wanted to play in a conference that would challenge her every night and have the opportunity to win a national title. If Geno misses out in 20 then we all know the reasons why. Lastly Geno won’t be coaching forever and the recruiting is slipping big time. Signing 2 top recruits isn’t going to get the job done.. look at our bench the last 3 years .. and next year will be a long and bad year. Fans don’t want to face the reality that’s coming and boy it’s coming. If we don’t sign any grad students off season we will have a roster of 8 people. Who’s starting? Who’s coming off the bench.. u see what happens when we go to our bench.. non existence .. to compete at the highest level u need talent and talent coming of the bench that will make a impact .. UCONN doesn’t have it and will sure won’t have it next year. Williams, ono , Walker and dangerfied won’t get the job done with bent , Irwin and Coombs coming off the bench well one of those players will have to start... boutouy that’s if she comes back next year. The off-season is critical or were looking at multiple walkons. Griffin will add athletisim but she will only be a freshmen and we know how that goes in Genos system. Maybe his system worked all these years but it’s no longer working and in today’s world kids and recruiting are different and Geno needs to adapt or our dynasty of a program will falter and falter mighty quick

Reaction Score
Haley jones chose Stanford because she wanted to play in a conference that would challenge her every night and have the opportunity to win a national title.

Haley Jones is from Northern California and maybe Stanford academics were a huge draw? National title? Please let me know what conference has had a team win a national championship more recently, American or Pac 12. Thank you, come again.

Reaction Score
And it’s been over 5 years of the American.. it hadn’t gotten any better since it originally was formed .. is it going to take another 5 years to actually get talented teams. Face it as long as we’re in the American UCONN will suffer!!! All the talent is going to the ACC Big 12 SEC and Pack12 and the big 10. AAC has nothing to offer big time recruit but guarenteed blowouts!!! And I actually see a less turn out of fans only on big games. Back in the day the games were sold out the men seem to get bigger crowds now then the women. I hate to be negitive and I’m no troll just speaking that many feel but are to afraid to agree with what im saying

Reaction Score
Haley Jones is from Northern California and maybe Stanford academics were a huge draw? National title? Please let me know what conference has had a team win a national championship more recently, American or Pac 12. Thank you, come again.
Haley quoted that on ESPN out of her own words why she chose Stanford and that is fact

Reaction Score
UNC and Michigan are prestigious universities no matter what scandal they had. It depends on the kid and their field of study. No offense but having an academic support center does not outweigh the academic reputation of a school. What school does not offer tutoring and other means of assisting student athletes?

And neither an academic support center or university reputation outweighs the effort put in by the student-athlete.

Reaction Score
And it’s been over 5 years of the American.. it hadn’t gotten any better since it originally was formed .. is it going to take another 5 years to actually get talented teams. Face it as long as we’re in the American UCONN will suffer!!! All the talent is going to the ACC Big 12 SEC and Pack12 and the big 10. AAC has nothing to offer big time recruit but guarenteed blowouts!!! And I actually see a less turn out of fans only on big games. Back in the day the games were sold out the men seem to get bigger crowds now then the women. I hate to be negitive and I’m no troll just speaking that many feel but are to afraid to agree with what im saying
UConn vs UCf just drew a bigger crowd than and and Tenn not sure where your getting your facts

Reaction Score
2/2

Nika Muhl: 17 points (9-11 FT), 11 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals

don't know what to make of her..............UConn needs players that are ready to go for next season..............is she battle ready for NCAA play?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's an interesting European: Ania (Anna) Makurat from Poland. She's a 6'1" combo guard who is one of the best in her age group in Europe. I like her video. She reminds me a little of the kid from Chino Hills. Is she still an amateur? Any interest in a college education?

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I assume you haven't confirmed this with Geno. Otherwise,He better just give up now.

Reactions: MTC

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I assume you haven't confirmed this with Geno. Otherwise,He better just give up now.

Look at it this way: he and CD are getting a planeload of flight miles....:rolleyes: ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Here's an interesting European: Ania (Anna) Makurat from Poland. She's a 6'1" combo guard who is one of the best in her age group in Europe. I like her video. She reminds me a little of the kid from Chino Hills. Is she still an amateur? Any interest in a college education?

We need to check on Makurat's professional/amateur status. At A minimum she has played with Kahleah Copper who graduated from Rutgers in 2016 and was drafted by the Sky in WNBA.

Anna Makurat.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We need to check on Makurat's professional/amateur status. At A minimum she has played with Kahleah Copper who graduated from Rutgers in 2016 and was drafted by the Sky in WNBA.

View attachment 39100
I understand that she played with a professional team, but perhaps as an amateur, as Magbegor did with Canberra.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Haley quoted that on ESPN out of her own words why she chose Stanford and that is fact
I never saw a full interview or quotes in order. Haley listed the world-class academics at Stanford, having developed a relationship with Tara as a youth, and being able to play in front of family and friends. She also mentioned the opportunity to play against high-level competition in the PAC-12. Interestingly, that idea was not valid until about 3-4 years ago, as Stanford dominated the conference for a decade or more. We also heard from a Boneyarder who met Haley’s parents shortly after the announcement and said they claimed that it was a very tough decision between Stanford and UConn.

Haley talked about competition within the conference. She is a smart person and probably was aware of the fact that UConn practices are more competitive than any games in ANY conference. I think being in the AAC doesn’t help us in many ways, but I don’t think it kills us. Our out-of-conference schedule is second to none, and the conference has some decent coaches and is gradually improving. That said, I would love to see us in the ACC or Big 10, but our dismal football program precludes that.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I never saw a full interview or quotes in order. Haley listed the world-class academics at Stanford, having developed a relationship with Tara as a youth, and being able to play in front of family and friends. She also mentioned the opportunity to play against high-level competition in the PAC-12. Interestingly, that idea was not valid until about 3-4 years ago, as Stanford dominated the conference for a decade or more. We also heard from a Boneyarder who met Haley’s parents shortly after the announcement and said they claimed that it was a very tough decision between Stanford and UConn.

Haley talked about competition within the conference. She is a smart person and probably was aware of the fact that UConn practices are more competitive than any games in ANY conference. I think being in the AAC doesn’t help us in many ways, but I don’t think it kills us. Our out-of-conference schedule is second to none, and the conference has some decent coaches and is gradually improving. That said, I would love to see us in the ACC or Big 10, but our dismal football program precludes that.
Full video was posted in this BY thread.
Haley Jones to Stanford

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

So that trip to Warsaw wasn't just for the Pierogi, Milford?

How does UConn find and contact these players? Do the Huskies have an international liaison who assesses eligibility and gauges interest or is that the provenance of the coaching department?

It appears UConn will need one or two international players and/or graduate students to fill its roster next season, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom