2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 155 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2021 Jersey Wolfenbarger 6’2” CG Arkansas Banshees 17U GUAA

It only took two early triples for Jersey Wolfenbarger on her first two three-point shot attempts of the game to get the sense that I was watching a special player. This Elite 8 game between 17U teams, Banshees and GTS Fusion, was a competitive one, but Wolfenbarger was the difference as she was incredibly efficient from the field. Also, she created a half dozen opportunities for her teammates in transition as well. Seeing that kind of skill, height, and length at the PG spot was something to behold. Wolfenbarger finished with a game-high 16 points.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
And here are the rest of her stats...https://basketball.exposureevents.com/126988/k-cardosa/documents/playerstatistics?playerid=812423&output=pdf a lot of her games were livestreamed this weekend. If you would want to take a look I can post some links...

33 assists and 5 turnovers, huh?

75% from the field, likely all within five feet.

Reaction Score
33 assists and 5 turnovers, huh?

75% from the field, likely all within five feet.
The one thing I will add though is UAA is not EYBL. Yes, it is competitive and there are a lot of good teams, but it seems to be heavily guard oriented, and a lot of the teams don't have a true center.

Her court vision is really impressive though. She actually floats back and forth between the high and low post with Olivia Cochran. Both can find the shooters exceptionally well, and they also have a really nice high low game themselves.

Reaction Score
2021 Jersey Wolfenbarger 6’2” CG Arkansas Banshees 17U GUAA

It only took two early triples for Jersey Wolfenbarger on her first two three-point shot attempts of the game to get the sense that I was watching a special player. This Elite 8 game between 17U teams, Banshees and GTS Fusion, was a competitive one, but Wolfenbarger was the difference as she was incredibly efficient from the field. Also, she created a half dozen opportunities for her teammates in transition as well. Seeing that kind of skill, height, and length at the PG spot was something to behold. Wolfenbarger finished with a game-high 16 points.

I can see it now.........................sounds like a high end law firm...............................Poffenbarger, Wolfenbarger & Fudd

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Wait, why was this thread moved to the General Women's Basketball forum?

Am I missing something? It's a thread about UConn targets and recruits. WTH

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Adidas Guantlet final highlights with some Talia Von Oelhoffen whose team lost a close one. She is #22 in grey sending a defender to the ground before hitting a three at :31, hitting another three at :56, and scoring at 1:05.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The USJN championships which UConn attended:

Sonia Citron – 2021 – 6-0 – Guard – New York Hoopers – USA U16 – Combination of size and skills…Creates and improves off the dribble…Mixes both speed and direction…Hesitation…Range and touch force opponents to close out…Effective in traffic and with contact

Olivia Miles – 2021 – 5-9 – Point Guard – Philadelphia Belles EYBL – Difficult to ignore…Poster child for instinctual passing…Makes plays on the read and on the fly…Sets the pace of the game…Improves options for those around her…Scoring tools make her a challenging match up…Range is there but shot selection occasionally goes haywire…Active on ball defender but still needs to be more aware on the weakside of the floor

Aaliyah Moore – 2021 – 6-3 – Forward – Cy Fair Elite EYBL – Elite and productive…Constant and diverse attack…Always looking to improve her looks and options…Attacks with authority…Relishes physical play…Can finish with contact…Will need to add depth to countermoves with a bigger target on her back…Relentless effort…Can add multiple facets to different defensive schemes

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wonder if Boston has buyers remorse and would have chosen UConn if she knew Paige was going to UConn (and if she appreciated how good Paige is in feeding the Post?)

Reaction Score
I wonder if Boston has buyers remorse and would have chosen UConn if she knew Paige was going to UConn (and if she appreciated how good Paige is in feeding the Post?)

Pretty sure she knew that already (about Paige going to UConn).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom