2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 51 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jaelyn Bates highlights from her games this week on 2/6 and 2/8.

Bates might actually have as pure a shot as Azzi Fudd, and can get it away quicker. Her skill level, IQ, and athleticism are all top shelf.

Lot of fun watching her highlights. TY

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A new 10-minute package of Jaelyn Bates from last summer's US Open Championship tournament. Highly recommended.

I'm definitely on the JBates Bandwagon. She is an ankle-breaker, press-breaker, dead-eye shooter from anywhere who also plays defense. She reminds me of both Moriah and Crystal. She's VERY advanced for her age.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm definitely on the JBates Bandwagon. She is an ankle-breaker, press-breaker, dead-eye shooter from anywhere who also plays defense. She reminds me of both Moriah and Crystal. She's VERY advanced for her age.

Jefferson is the player that came to my mind too. Not exact replicas, but plenty of similarities.

Reaction Score
I wonder what the chances are that Bates would pick uconn if Bueckers picks Uconn, both players will more than likely end up being the top point guard in both their classes, and are only 2 years apart.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
But 5-6? She looks 4-10! :confused::D

Reaction Score
A new 10-minute package of Jaelyn Bates from last summer's US Open Championship tournament. Highly recommended.

Uncanny speed, hands, and awareness. Knows where everyone on the floor is at all times. And look at the foot movement and defensive position at the 51 second mark. Textbook.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
But 5-6? She looks 4-10! :confused::D
She's listed at 5'4" on her HS roster. Another source listed her at 5'5" in the summer/fall. I want to see her next to Jas Lister.

She's in 9th grade, so she could grow. I think she's close to Crystal's height at this point. Jaelyn is extremely quick and shifty. She made 9 treys in one game this year.

She is fun, fun, fun!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
At one time--not sure when--Jaelyn said she wanted to play at N.D. or UConn. She has strong interest from UConn currently. I think she could follow in the footsteps of our undersized but immensely talented PGs.

MTC

Reaction Score
She is a target, but likely not a top-3. She seems likely to be ND, or possibly Stanford.
I got the impression in the last year that the recruits string along Uconn while trying to get commits to other colleges. If this is the case perhaps we need to put deadlines for when to go after seconday targets. Fot the life of me I don't see why we can't say the offers are good until they are all taken.

MTC

Reaction Score
The three players I mentioned Paige Bueckers, Hailey Van Lith, & Hannah Gusters all have UCONN offers.
I think our chances of landing any of these players is less than 50-50 so we better be trying to find alternatives.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think our chances of landing any of these players is less than 50-50 so we better be trying to find alternatives.
How did you come up with those percentages? Those sound rectally extracted.

I got the impression in the last year that the recruits string along Uconn while trying to get commits to other colleges. If this is the case perhaps we need to put deadlines for when to go after seconday targets. Fot the life of me I don't see why we can't say the offers are good until they are all taken.
Sounds good.
What time frame did you have in mind?
:eek:

Reaction Score
Very. I’ve seen high talent level at 14 yo, Nykesha Sales might be the best I’ve seen. But I don’t believe I’ve seen that level of fundamentals ingrained at that age, both offensive and defensive. She’s had a parent or youth coach that really knows their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom