2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 41 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We got a report of a Reese interest in UCONN a few weeks back. Cardosa "lean" to UCONN has not been confirmed by anyone besides the board you stated. There are a couple names including a couple of internationals missing from your list that have been confirmed. In purple are confirmed UCONN offers for this class.
1548897730904.png

Reaction Score
You can call it cherry picking, or just call it truth. And after all those 1 person classes UCONN has always pulled at least a 4/5 person class.

4 years? Maybe 2. And one of them was a very good class.
2019 - 1
2018 - 2
2017 - 4
2016 - 3

3/4/3/4 is almost perfect numbers.
Meyers, not sure if we agree or disagree. My only point was that UConn has not recruited to its normal level the past 4 years. Just because we have Irwin and Molly to compliment Danger, does not mean its a strong class. Based on current feedback, the follow on class will likely only have Walker as the main, high performing recruit. With only 8 or so on board for next year, not sure when and if you expect this 4-5 person class. I hope we see this large, high performing class asap. My forecast is for 2 years of consecutive 2-3 top 20 recruits and UConn back on top (i.e. winning NCAA's) within 4 years. Not ideal but it is what it is.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Q&A with 2021 Taylor Bigby:

What do you think makes you different than any other player?

A lot of the times in basketball, people worry about scoring. For me it’s like, if I’m not scoring or having a good day, there are other things I can do. Whether it can be assisting my teammates, playing good defense, we focus on offense so much. When we play good defense, the offense will come.

When you have free time, what basketball do you watch?

I mostly watch college, PAC-12 basketball. Growing up, I’ve always wanted to go to UConn, I’ve always followed them. But with my recruiting process, I’ve been watching all the schools I have offers from. I’ve been watching USC, UConn, Oregon, different schools like Arizona…

What did it mean to have UConn watch you?

It kind of makes me nervous, not gonna lie. I think it’s a good opportunity, it’s something I’ve always dreamed of. I would’ve never thought that any of these top colleges would be at my games.

Q and A: 2021 guard Taylor Bigby

Reaction Score
We got a report of a Reese interest in UCONN a few weeks back. Cardosa "lean" to UCONN has not been confirmed by anyone besides the board you stated. There are a couple names including a couple of internationals missing from your list that have been confirmed. In purple are confirmed UCONN offers for this class.
View attachment 38953
Awesome list. Thanks for sharing! Just curious as to why Reese was omitted? She had UConn in top 8 and claims and offer. I’m assuming this has been updated since as it includes Muhl

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Was Tuesday night's St. John's game postponed or cancelled? The weather was nasty in D.C.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Was Tuesday night's St. John's game postponed or cancelled? The weather was nasty in D.C.

Indeed it was, and was supposed to be played last night, but I can't find anything on it.

Hopkins and Blair also had games postponed Tuesday.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Awesome list. Thanks for sharing! Just curious as to why Reese was omitted? She had UConn in top 8 and claims and offer. I’m assuming this has been updated since as it includes Muhl
I consulted with quite a few other BY about UCONN interest in Reese. The general consensus was skepticism so I decided not to include her for now. I'll keep digging. FYI we are also working to get confirmation as it appears Muhl may be class of 2019 and as @Sluconn Husky has already posted she would be WNBA eligible after her Junior year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meyers, not sure if we agree or disagree. My only point was that UConn has not recruited to its normal level the past 4 years. Just because we have Irwin and Molly to compliment Danger, does not mean its a strong class. Based on current feedback, the follow on class will likely only have Walker as the main, high performing recruit. With only 8 or so on board for next year, not sure when and if you expect this 4-5 person class. I hope we see this large, high performing class asap. My forecast is for 2 years of consecutive 2-3 top 20 recruits and UConn back on top (i.e. winning NCAA's) within 4 years. Not ideal but it is what it is.
Ah well you had written, That is 4 consecutive years with light numbers of recruits. Which is not accurate and what I was addressing. Only 2 years of "light numbers".

Most classes only have 1 or 2 "high performing recruit" anyway. Exceptions being TASSK and Stewart/Jefferson/Tuck.

And as I wrote, I would expect, based on history, this next class (2020) will be a 4-5 person class.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And why do you think they wouldn't?? It's like you just came into this recruiting world the last couple of years and somehow now you're an expert on it. Have you been staying at a Holiday Inn Express lately??
Why are you getting nasty? Opinions are like scalitoholes.; everyone has one.[/QUOTE]
Oh, that's not nasty. We used to be able to get nasty. But not anymore. Hence why you have all these new "experts" on here trying show everyone how "brilliant" they are. While all the real experts have left the building.

Reaction Score
I have been watching Imani Lester out of North Carolina. I have heard that everyone is interested in her. She has been playing varsity since 6th grade and put up some triple doubles as an 8th grader. She is a freshman and it is still early but I really like her.

Reaction Score
I consulted with quite a few other BY about UCONN interest in Reese. The general consensus was skepticism so I decided not to include her for now. I'll keep digging. FYI we are also working to get confirmation as it appears Muhl may be class of 2019 and as @Sluconn Husky has already posted she would be WNBA eligible after her Junior year.
So Muhl would be eligible to sign this spring and play this fall if true?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Indeed it was, and was supposed to be played last night, but I can't find anything on it.

Hopkins and Blair also had games postponed Tuesday.
Last night was very cold. There is no indication in the WaPo that the game was played.

The temp in Minnesota was about -35, cold even for them.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hey @Sluconn Husky , I've noticed in a few of the recent highlight clips of Hailey Van Lith that she leaves her arm up in the "gooseneck" pose long after she releases a shot behind the 3 point arc. Has she always done that? I didn't notice it until recently.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hey @Sluconn Husky , I've noticed in a few of the recent highlight clips of Hailey Van Lith that she leaves her arm up in the "gooseneck" pose long after she releases a shot behind the 3 point arc. Has she always done that? I didn't notice it until recently.
She has always done this.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She has always done this.

Okay, thanks. It's maybe a fine line between a nice follow through and hot dogging a bit, but I'm not a big fan of it. Maybe she's been watching too much NBA.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Okay, thanks. It's maybe a fine line between a nice follow through and hot dogging a bit, but I'm not a big fan of it. Maybe she's been watching too much NBA.
I think it is more about follow through just as many bowlers do after releasing the ball or slow pitch pitchers do. I did it when I bowled and when I pitched and I don't believe in showboating. It really helped with my accuracy. Some players don't need it but some do.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think it is more about follow through just as many bowlers do after releasing the ball or slow pitch pitchers do. I did it when I bowled and when I pitched and I don't believe in showboating. It really helped with my accuracy. Some players don't need it but some do.

It's a matter of how long you hold the follow thru. After the ball has gone thru the net, you don't really need to keep doing it.

My NBA reference, some players absolutely do it for showmanship. Look at me, look at how pretty my shot is. Oh, did I make another 3 pointer?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It's a matter of how long you hold the follow thru. After the ball has gone thru the net, you don't really need to keep doing it.

My NBA reference, some players absolutely do it for showmanship. Look at me, look at how pretty my shot is. Oh, did I make another 3 pointer?
You are so right about the NBA. However, it is not only the NBA. High school and college players do it also. I hope that is not the reason Hailey Van Lith is doing it. For me it is a BIG turnoff.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins and Paige Bueckers have their biggest matchup of the season Friday against undefeated Wayzata. The game will be streamed online.

Reaction Score
I have been watching Imani Lester out of North Carolina. I have heard that everyone is interested in her. She has been playing varsity since 6th grade and put up some triple doubles as an 8th grader. She is a freshman and it is still early but I really like her.
I don't know where in N. Carolina you are, but if you're anywhere near Wilmington you should check out Saniya Rivers, a soph. at Laney HS ( M Jordan's HS). I saw her last her as a freshman and she was quite impressive ! Still raw of course but I liked her speed and unselfishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom