2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Rickea Jackson’s mom liked this tweet.

c2f97fdd54a5bbda60ea11a7b8b10847.gif

I feel like tomorrow or some day this week, we're gonna wake up to serious bad news. It's gone from bad to terrible to irredeemable at this point.

Reaction Score
Barring any transfers out we’re at 14 for the fall... doubt we’re in the market for transfers unless it’s one of the best players in the country..... like a Rickea Jackson lol

If Grissett stays (which is possible due to her injury) we’re at 15 as well.
Not sure we need one of the best players in the country. If there’s a great deep shooter out there, I would go after her for that 15th spot (assuming nobody transfers out ). That’s what we need.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to think of a Juco who has had a big impact at any school. I'm sure there must be a few. With the ever increasing number of transfers and now immediate eligibility, recruiting the Juco ranks seems completely unneeded.
Bobbitt at TN
LaTech used to have a bunch of JUCOs I believe.

Reaction Score
And, very disrespectful as it could have implied that she didn't think Kelly Harper would get it done in Knoxville.
Nah just aware of the realities of coaching asnd that folks get fired.
Coaches in other sports have had similar stipulations in their contracts. When Urban Meyer was at Utah he had an out allowing him to go to Notre dame

Reaction Score
I'm trying to think of a Juco who has had a big impact at any school. I'm sure there must be a few. With the ever increasing number of transfers and now immediate eligibility, recruiting the Juco ranks seems completely unneeded.
Evelyn Akhator, post for UK, had a really good impact after transferring up from JUCO.

Reaction Score
Lewis and Engstler are big losses though. That's a huge number of transfers, even in this crazy year.
Lewis has been the problem the last 2 years she is a gunner who has shot the team out of games the last 2 years. The type of player who has never seen a shot she didn't like. Originally at Ohio St.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Nah just aware of the realities of coaching asnd that folks get fired.
Coaches in other sports have had similar stipulations in their contracts. When Urban Meyer was at Utah he had an out allowing him to go to Notre dame
But, weren't McCray and Jolly teammates at one time? Even if they weren't, they are kind of part of the same Lady Vols sisterhood. Urban Meyer situation is completely different, IMO, as far as personal relationships.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Duh, Sheryl Swoopes. Transferred from Texas to South Plains JC, and then to Texas Tech where she won NPOY and a national championship.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Duh, Sheryl Swoopes. Transferred from Texas to South Plains JC, and then to Texas Tech where she won NPOY and a national championship.
I had no idea she was a JC transfer. I wasn't paying much attention to wcbb back then. I was of course aware of her when was leading Tech to a deep run in the Tourney.

Others have pointed out several more recent JCs who have been big contributors at 4 year schools, so I was underestimating the impact of recruits coming via that pathway.

Reaction Score
I said in one of the threads that NMP was going to lose 2 more. Now is Caterion Thompson coming back and another leaving? No one knows, but there will be 1 more leaving to get to her total of 8 committed from the press conference.

Reaction Score
Interesting development. While she specifically stated "closer to home", well see if she holds true to that. I would think she could be a good fit at Iowa State.

Man, I don't know why a guard wouldn't want to play for Neighbors. Guess she had her reasons.

They could keep on rolling with her and Wolfenbarger.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Man, I don't know why a guard wouldn't want to play for Neighbors. Guess she had her reasons.

They could keep on rolling with her and Wolfenbarger.
Can she play in and up and down 94 feet style like Arkansas plays? That's not the style OSU plays, and she knew that when she chose the Beavers.

Arkansas also has freshman guard Elauna Eaton sitting out due to injury this season, right? Think she and Sasha played together in high school or AAU ball, but I might have it wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting development. While she specifically stated "closer to home", well see if she holds true to that. I would think she could be a good fit at Iowa State.
I would guess Arkansas. They were her other finalist and it was a really tough decision for her out of HS.

I think she could fit their style, though defense is her strong suit. Arkansas doesn’t play much defense.

She played AAU with Wolfenbarger and has a strong relationship with Eaton.

Reaction Score
:oops: Dang, that's a gut punch. Ouch.

Mike Neighbors is on the phone I'm sure...
She's good friends with Eaton, played AAU with Jersey, and with '22 Hog commit Karley Johnson.

Her final two choices were OSU and Arkansas. She just really liked the staff at OSU and the young women on the team. I think being away from home during the pandemic has been tough on a lot of kids who traveled far from home - but that's just a guess.

No inside info, but I'll be pretty surprised if Coach Neighbors isn't having a nice birthday celebration tonight.

Reaction Score
I should add that Texas A&M was also in her final group. And College Station is also "closer to home" than Corvallis.

Will be interesting to see where she lands. Really have enjoyed watching her play at OSU.

Reaction Score
Well. I will say this. After watching the game tonight. Baylor will be in the portal again. Even with the transfers that will play. I can see them going for a 3 or 4.

Reaction Score
Well. I will say this. After watching the game tonight. Baylor will be in the portal again. Even with the transfers that will play. I can see them going for a 3 or 4.
They get to be picky about who they want too. Not sure who else they would add.

Reaction Score
They get to be picky about who they want too. Not sure who else they would add.
I really think she may start looking at the future after Smith and Queen. They'll have Hannah and Dauda but the depth will be so young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom