2020-21 Transfer thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
To all the SC fans I interact with on here on these non-game threads, congrats on a very impressive win tonight. Your team brought it tonight in every facet of the game.
You guys got a great thing going in Austin. Texas will be in this conversation going forward. Congrats on the season.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It's much easier to recruit in Austin than Starkville. Texas will be back and surely get some of these transfers.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, I'm kind of talking about incoming transfers for the 2020-21 season and beforehand. I guess Maryland has had a lot, too. Didn't the exodus just start with Syracuse this off season?

The 'Cuse exodus of right now is kind of unprecedented but Coach Q has always had an active transom. Remember, Lewis came from Ohio State before and Tiana is another Junior College transfer.

Reaction Score
Absolutely accurate: Despite the NCAA permitting 4 year scholarships since 2012 FOUR year scholarships are not the norm across the NCAA institutions with the exception being a few powerhouse football programs.
I know SC has 4 yr scholarships. That might be the whole SEC.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Important to note that of the ten portal entrants from Syracuse, 5 of them have already graduated so they are looking for grad schools. And one of those 5 was never on scholarship at Syracuse, she was a walk-on.

Five underclassmen is still a lot of players to loose, but it isn't quite the exodus that is being broadcast. Syracuse also has 4 incoming players - two good recruits from Canada.

(I would not be surprised if a few of the Grad transfers weren't gently encouraged to look elsewhere, too)

I pondered pretty much the same thing on the Bench: this could be a case of a gentle "out with the old and in with the new." While the NCAA are allowing players to get a year and, then, allow programs to go up and over the 15 person limit, it is up to the school to pay for those players. Maybe Coach Q -- advsed by his athletic director (or not) -- decided it was time to move on from the Tiana era? Note Cardoso and Williams are still here and the prize Canadian, Lattimore, is coming in.

The only disconnect to me is Engstler who was coming into her own this seasonl Maybe she decided she liked playing with Tiana, Lewis and the "old" gang.

Reaction Score
I dont expect Baylor to this year unless a big name falls in their lap with the other transfers on board for next season. Post game is set with Queen, Gusters, Smith and their new recruit. UCONN/SC I don't see either unless they lose big names after this season. Stanford is its own unique situation since no one really transfers in or out and they always have a full 15 woman roster.

Id look for Maryland, Tennessee, and Texas to hit the portal. Louisville too since trader Jeff is always swapping players in and out. Maybe Oregon too since they're in need of more athleticism.
Doesn’t Tenn have 14 ? Not much room for transfers. I’m surprised that Saunders snd Rennie (or McCoy) haven’t been nudged.

Reaction Score

As Nikki has lost one Louisiana native, it appears she will add one in Tulane transfer JerKaila Jordan, a 5-9 guard from Tulane who averaged 16.7 PPG on 48 FG% and was AAC FOY.

It'll be interesting to see what Jackson and Carter choose to do.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t Tenn have 14 ? Not much room for transfers. I’m surprised that Saunders snd Rennie (or McCoy) haven’t been nudged.
Yes, with McCoy graduating makes 10 plus 4 incoming freshman

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
The sad part? It isn't over. Matharu was one of the 8. So we are still going to lose at least 1 more. That came from an insider today.

We've lost 6. You're saying we're gonna lose 2 more? Where are you getting this info? We barely have any Vic players left lol.

Reaction Score
Yes, with McCoy graduating makes 10 plus 4 incoming freshman
McCoy isn’t coming back? with her I now realize the total is 15

Burrell, mccoy, Walker, green
Horston, key, Saunders, rennie
Darby, salary, Suarez
4 frosh

Last edited:
Reaction Score
McCoy isn’t coming back? with her I now realize the total is 15

Burrell, mccoy, Walker, green
Horston, key, Saunders, rennie
Darby, salary, Suarez
4 frosh
McCoy participated in senior night and earlier after her injury mentioned this was it but has a free season so who knows.
If UT’s coach was Vic or Jeff, I could see Rennie and maybe Saunders getting pushed out for transfers but doubt that happens.

Reaction Score
McCoy participated in senior night and earlier after her injury mentioned this was it but has a free season so who knows.
If UT’s coach was Vic or Jeff, I could see Rennie and maybe Saunders getting pushed out for transfers but doubt that happens.
Honestly I would be surprised if Harper asked Rennie or Saunders to move on. That just doesn't seem to be UTs style even back in the old days unless there was a problem with discipline or grades.

Reaction Score
Honestly I would be surprised if Harper asked Rennie or Saunders to move on. That just doesn't seem to be UTs style even back in the old days unless there was a problem with discipline or grades.
Fair enough. Though I do wonder about a more general conversation about goals. and expectations going forward. Because if they're expecting to play, it should be pointed out that they need to get A LOT LOT better.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
People are talking about both MSU and Syracuse having lost a lot of players but where does Duke stand right now with their roster? @triaddukefan or @CamrnCrz1974 got any update for us?

Also, to me, curious is we haven't heard any noise out of Kentucky or Maryland, two programs I would have expected to have defections by now...

Reaction Score
Also, to me, curious is we haven't heard any noise out of Kentucky or Maryland, two programs I would have expected to have defections by now.

giphy.gif

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The Starkville pipeline continues for the Mountaineers. Martinez and Hemingway and now Morris.
Technically, Martinez to West Virginia from Starkville was by way of a short layover at Texas. :p

I still don't know what happened that she was removed from the summer roster at Texas faster than she was added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom