2020-21 Transfer thread | The Boneyard

2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here is Cooks’ announcement, which notes law school is in her future:

All three Bulldog transfers have had a similar graphic presentation/format of their announcement. I wonder if MSST’s athletics media helped them out? Nice touch if so.

Reaction Score
All three Bulldog transfers have had a similar graphic presentation/format of their announcement. I wonder if MSST’s athletics media helped them out? Nice touch if so.
I assume we will see at least two more of that graphic. Or 3

Reaction Score
The transfer portal is exploding. I had talked with a friend about it possibly hitting 500. I'm now regretting saying this out loud (that damn Ball family "speak it into existence" concept).
I suspect it will be around 1,000 by the end of the tournament. The more I think about it the more convinced I am the portal isn't always about just coaching or wanting more playing time but more about how students view playing college basketball now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baylor has a great law school program! And we’ve had great success with grad transfers! But I just don’t see Baylor getting any transfers if moon and didi stays! I see carrington leaving to go pro but if moon and didi stays our roster would be at 13 next season

Reaction Score
Baylor has a great law school program! And we’ve had great success with grad transfers! But I just don’t see Baylor getting any transfers if moon and didi stays! I see carrington leaving to go pro but if moon and didi stays our roster would be at 13 next season
You think Didi stays? I'm sure moon may come back

Reaction Score
I thought Cooks may have been done given her knee injuries but I guess not. Saw her following some of the Georgia players and coaches...

Reaction Score
You think Didi stays? I'm sure moon may come back
Moon is most definitely returning and I just think that after everything Didi went through this year with her injury she would want to stay another year since you never know how long your playing career would last. I certainly hope Didi stays.

Reaction Score
Jade Loville has entered to portal out of Boise State. Not a great three-point shooter, but a solid all-around player. Was ranked #72 by espnW in 2018.

Reaction Score
Moon is most definitely returning and I just think that after everything Didi went through this year with her injury she would want to stay another year since you never know how long your playing career would last. I certainly hope Didi stays.
Do you think a transfer would happen if Didi stays? Didi, Moon, J.Oliver, Owens, Andrews, Kamaria, Carr...

So many guards. I do think with the team being more experienced. They will all get to play. Didi and moon minutes will definitely be in the mid 20s.

Reaction Score
Do you think a transfer would happen if Didi stays? Didi, Moon, J.Oliver, Owens, Andrews, Kamaria, Carr...
Baylor's guard play shooting wise will be much better next year IMO with Kamaria and Carr. J. Oliver may be the odd one out. Andrews has steadily gotten better as the year went on and has actually shown a lot of promise as of late.

I don't see Didi returning, maybe she does for education purposes but not sure if she would comeback. I see Moon coming back of anyone, she isn't WNBA material, but she's a great college player, plus she plans to go into a graduate program at some point in the near future.

Reaction Score

So many guards. I do think with the team being more experienced. They will all get to play. Didi and moon minutes will definitely be in the mid 20s.
I don’t think so. They all like each other and care about the team success and not their own individual success. I do think that if everyone stays and have another year with the same pieces, the other players will get more playing time and give moon and didi more rest. With carrington most likely gone, I see Kamaria filling in that role as she’s instant offense. I do think Kim will try to get Sarah going as the next point guard and move Didi back to the 3. I know mulkey is always telling the girls who might not get a lot of playing time to stay the course. Look at moon and T. Oliver. Barely played during their first 3 years but are now starters. They both could’ve transferred but didn’t and are getting that playing time.

Reaction Score
My take here will be controversial (at least among Baylor fans), but I'm not sure Baylor wouldn't be better off with new blood among the guards. I think the current group has pretty much reached their ceiling in production. As discussed frequently, Didi is not a natural PG. She is passable, but that is a weakness that needs to be addressed. The lack of 3-point shooting is also clear.

Baylor's potential guards next year include 3 former top recruits in Andrews, Owens, and J Oliver. Carr and McDaniel are transfers who have shown the ability to play at a high level. I think with another year of experience, that group may end up being a better lineup than what we see right now, at least on offense. McDaniel will be the only senior in that group, so Baylor could have a group of strong guards for several years.

If Didi and Moon do return, I hope Didi would return to her natural spot on the wing, with one of the true PGs taking over those duties. Minutes would also need to be found for McDaniel and Carr, who are too good to keep on the bench. This extended eligibility could end up creating a mad scramble for playing time and lead to transfers, which would be unfortunate.

Reaction Score
Baylor's guard play shooting wise will be much better next year IMO with Kamaria and Carr. J. Oliver may be the odd one out. Andrews has steadily gotten better as the year went on and has actually shown a lot of promise as of late.

I don't see Didi returning, maybe she does for education purposes but not sure if she would comeback. I see Moon coming back of anyone, she isn't WNBA material, but she's a great college player, plus she plans to go into a graduate program at some point in the near future.
I see kamaria filling in the role that carrington had this year.

Reaction Score
My take here will be controversial (at least among Baylor fans), but I'm not sure Baylor wouldn't be better off with new blood among the guards. I think the current group has pretty much reached their ceiling in production. As discussed frequently, Didi is not a natural PG. She is passable, but that is a weakness that needs to be addressed. The lack of 3-point shooting is also clear.

Baylor's potential guards next year include 3 former top recruits in Andrews, Owens, and J Oliver. Carr and McDaniel are transfers who have shown the ability to play at a high level. I think with another year of experience, that group may end up being a better lineup than what we see right now, at least on offense. McDaniel will be the only senior in that group, so Baylor could have a group of strong guards for several years.

If Didi and Moon do return, I hope Didi would return to her natural spot on the wing, with one of the true PGs taking over those duties. Minutes would also need to be found for McDaniel and Carr, who are too good to keep on the bench. This extended eligibility could end up creating a mad scramble for playing time and lead to transfers, which would be unfortunate.
I agree. I see Kim moving Didi back to the 3 and having Sarah, J. Oliver or Jaden take over point. I see kamaria filling in the carrington role for next year. Carr will be a nice back up for moon.

Reaction Score
If Didi returns, I highly doubt she will be the PG next year. Especially with those transfers now ready to go (Kamaria and Carr), plus Andrews and Owens are a year older in the system. She would slide back to the wing. You will now have a couple players that can stretch the floor with the 3 ball, Didi on the wing, and the two monsters inside (Egbo and Smith). Don't forget Dauda comes in and she is a post player who actually shoots the 3 ball well.

J. Oliver has shown some promise but I think the others listed above have more upside to me. Plus they are actual threats from 3 point land. Not saying she won't play but not going to start IMO.

I like Trinity but I think her minute drop a bit next year with better guard depth.

Reaction Score
If Didi returns, I highly doubt she will be the PG next year. Especially with those transfers now ready to go (Kamaria and Carr), plus Andrews and Owens are a year older in the system. She would slide back to the wing. You will now have a couple players that can stretch the floor with the 3 ball, Didi on the wing, and the two monsters inside (Egbo and Smith). Don't forget Dauda comes in and she is a post player who actually shoots the 3 ball well.

J. Oliver has shown some promise but I think the others listed above have more upside to me. Plus they are actual threats from 3 point land
People have said that Dauda is Sophia young but with size! We have lots of guards with potential and a loaded front court with smith,Egbo,Gusters, and Dauda. I want bickle to move back to the wing since we have 4 posts

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The transfer portal is exploding. I had talked with a friend about it possibly hitting 500. I'm now regretting saying this out loud (that damn Ball family "speak it into existence" concept).
Would be very interested to see how that compares to last year.
I also don't know if @Plebe is up to reviving this thread from last year.
We probably need to define "impact transfer" before we really get into this.
Suggested criteria should be former top 1-150 players coming from top 25 teams. We should also be able to nominate players to the list such as IImar'I Thomas who is AAC POY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom